Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever: Shutting Down

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Whisp

Re: Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever (BTW 4.41 / BWR 0.

Post by Whisp »

Hi there,
do you still have a slot available, cause I would really like to join this server.

While my playtime will be divided between this and the Edolas server, the thought of this skyblock map with BWR just sounds too amazing to not give it a go.
I really curious about the new automation possibilities BWR offers and I hope to get new ideas for my other worlds from the skyblock map style.

IGN:WhispOnRampage
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Whitelisted WhispOnRampage. Also, looking at the server logs, it looks like the server might be bouncing logins of people who are already whitelisted. If this has happened/happens to anyone, please let me know.

One more thing - it looks like I may have whitelisted more people than there are skyblocks. So - first come, first serve. I'll allow collaboration on blocks, but please change the sign to reflect this.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Splee. Got my block claimed and ready to go. One problem. No water. Lol. Ultra hardcore mode activated! Growing trees now to skyscraper my way up to the platform to see whats up.

Edit: Not sure If I'll get the wood required to get up there before you see this. But if you happen to log on to fix it. Could you put the water source in a chest? Or wall it in with something so I have to un-dam it? I'm enjoying my crap luck and using it as an excuse for one more challenge to complete. :P

Edit 2: My Imgur Album of the events thus far. I'll update it as often as I can/remember. Thanks again Splee for the opportunity to play.

http://imgur.com/a/CVdNj

Edit 3: Got my cobble gen cleaned up and prettied. Starting to expand, made a bridge to the sand island and collected the goodies. just need to decide what to do next. Might not be able to play this weekend, need to entertain guests.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Hm. I died and am stuck inside the glass at spawn. Is there anything anybody can do? I believe putting another layer of glass under the first one should work, splee. Also, changing the spawn location to 1 or 2 blocks above the glass layer should work.
Dale

Post by Dale »

embirrim wrote:Hm. I died and am stuck inside the glass at spawn. Is there anything anybody can do? I believe putting another layer of glass under the first one should work, splee. Also, changing the spawn location to 1 or 2 blocks above the glass layer should work.
lol just break the glass. That is why its there.
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Pfilson

Re: Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever (BTW 4.42 / BWR 0.

Post by Pfilson »

Updates on their way to the tumblr in the next few hours.. http://pfilson.tumblr.com/search/Skyblock

Villagers... Check..
Golems... Check..
Iron... Check..
Stewing Pot... Checkity check check..
Use for the stewing pot..... uh.. yeah.. need wolves.. and a new cow..

Mob-trap in progress and progress update should be on the tumblr sometime after 9am PST..

I did have an idea though.. instead of having to post another message here for each update.. How do you feel about making a Skyblock status post? We each would have one post with what lot we are on and maybe a status update.. what you have, what your waiting for and links to any image posts. Or (and this would be more work for splee) put a brief status in the OP separated by lot. and at the end of you session you would pm splee with your update..

Since were all on at different times it's hard to keep up with what everyone has done/is doing.
Dale

Re: Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever (BTW 4.42 / BWR 0.

Post by Dale »

Pfilson wrote:Updates on their way to the tumblr in the next few hours.. http://pfilson.tumblr.com/search/Skyblock

Villagers... Check..
Golems... Check..
Iron... Check..
Stewing Pot... Checkity check check..
Use for the stewing pot..... uh.. yeah.. need wolves.. and a new cow..

Mob-trap in progress and progress update should be on the tumblr sometime after 9am PST..

I did have an idea though.. instead of having to post another message here for each update.. How do you feel about making a Skyblock status post? We each would have one post with what lot we are on and maybe a status update.. what you have, what your waiting for and links to any image posts. Or (and this would be more work for splee) put a brief status in the OP separated by lot. and at the end of you session you would pm splee with your update..

Since were all on at different times it's hard to keep up with what everyone has done/is doing.
I agree to the.. separate thread? idea? Would be nice to have a placeholder.

EDIT: Oh and I now have cows, a sheep, a chicken, and many pigs. About 9 Iron blocks... A windmill.. and am working on XB'g plants at the moment. I have birch... Wanting sugar cane. I plan on making my unlimited villager farm soon for my next big build.
Splee999

Re: Splee999's Multiplayer Skyblock Sever (BTW 4.51 / BWR 0.

Post by Splee999 »

Updated to BTW 4.51. I also discovered that you CAN make command blocks player specific, so you can only go to your own skyblock or unclaimed ones. I also made a new thread to post your status updates on. Here's the link.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Sweet! Thanks Splee!
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Am I too late to join in the fun? I've never had a go at skyblock before...
IGN: thegreatrandomo
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Benanov

Whitelist request

Post by Benanov »

I've been on the stone brick fence, so today I decided to hop it like a villager and check this server out. If you don't have a spot free, I'm happy to team up with anyone who'll have me.

IGN: Benanov
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
embirrim

Re: Whitelist request

Post by embirrim »

Benanov wrote:I've been on the stone brick fence, so today I decided to hop it like a villager and check this server out. If you don't have a spot free, I'm happy to team up with anyone who'll have me.

IGN: Benanov
I'd be happy to have you if there are no free skyblocks =)
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Whitelisted randomo and benanov. Looks like the status thread got shut down, so let's just keep updating the way we used to.

My apologies to FC and the forums for the second thread.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

My water didn't drop when I logged into the world. Please could you fix it, Spele?
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Dale

Post by Dale »

A little late in replying here, Splee!!! ...need to update original post. People are confused about the fair game rule of entering the nether. If any nonsense is to be allowed lets at least make it somewhere away from our blocks. A little danger is ok, say like making the end PvP-PvE area? Idk but some people like Pfilson has held off on the portal opening because of the insecurity of theft. Btw, get ready to dish out that rack yo~
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Hey all, just a quick rule change (well, actually more of a restoration): You are not allowed to steal/grief other player's stuff. I'm all for anarchy, but since the skyblocks are so small, even a tiny theft could permanently set back someone or even cause them to stop progressing altogether.

I'll also try and update the server later today.
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

Well I've also been waiting because I have no wolves and am trying to figure out where to put the portal.. but not having to worry about defend-ability does make the decision easier.. Although ran a test last night and I will not be putting it in my 'Taiga' once I have wolves. lol... as cool as it would look.. the 'Taiga' would not survive..

Latest update: http://pfilson.tumblr.com/post/41518126 ... ck-since-i
Oh and I don't think I posted this update either since the updates forum was locked: http://pfilson.tumblr.com/post/41304817 ... arrots-and(Squids!)

Once I reformed my crop XB area I moved down the lines pretty quickly.. right now I'm just going for completion with ferns and melons... and figuring out shrooms..

current lay out: (because I didn't get a screenshot)
X1XW
X2XW Where
XXXW X = Fertilized soil
X1XW W= Water
X2XW 1=Species 1
XXXW 2=Species 2
X1XW
X2XW
Pfilson

Post by Pfilson »

I've decided where my portal will go! Just trying to test some recording setups before I light it.
http://tmblr.co/ZdXNetcnipKs

Also, the path to Wolves! http://tmblr.co/ZdXNetcobyvZ
And the tech that comes with such things http://tmblr.co/ZdXNetcp3FQx

Next step: Nether.. and Goooooooooooold.

I'm still seeing if I can get melons and cocoa in my XB area for completions sake.. I also need to figure out the shrooms..

Edit: more links
Last edited by Pfilson on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Been turning dung into dirt and sand into clay, Opened my portal and am starting to collect my rack.. No melons yet nor sugar cane but all in all I am just happy to be to the point of not having to deal with villager trading due to pre-nether tech..

http://littleodietube.imgur.com/all/
Where all my pics can be found~
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

A note about spawn: the glass at the top is sufficiently destroyed that glitching into bedrock has become a problem again. I believe it should be replaced.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Dale

Post by Dale »

lol guys check this out, http://i.imgur.com/PHNlU3T.png

Who wants to guess at the number of villagers I have?

Also,
Spoiler
Show
Dale

Post by Dale »

Spoiler
Show
Splee999 wrote:Hey all, I'm starting a new Skyblock server that uses BTW and BWR. Thanks to the magic of Command Blocks, after you step through a doorway, you will be transported to your own personal Skyblock that you should be able to use just like the single player version. Your neighbors will be pretty far away, but you should be able to connect to them without too much trouble in the nether.

I'm using a whitelist for this server, and I'll be pretty strict about who gets on it because I only have 12 skyblocks for people to build on. If more than half of your forum posts are whitelist requests, I probably won't let you on. Other than that, I'll whitelist basically anyone who asks.

Rules:
1. Don't steal anyone's stuff. Since the skyblocks are so resource-starved, even a small theft could shut someone down.
2. Feel free to kill other players to defend your block.
3. Be polite to other players.
4. The Nether is not meant to be the land of infinite blocks. If you come across a section of Nether that generated, please leave it alone and tell me about it.
5. I am willing to use my admin superpowers to trade for unobtainable items like mossy cobble, or to help you get back on your feet if you misplace something you need to renew your other items.

So, without further ado, here's the IP you'll need to connect.

mcewan.is-a-geek.com

See you in the clouds!
Rule # 6 was left out. No using other peoples command blocks at spawn...
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Dale wrote:Rule # 6 was left out. No using other peoples command blocks at spawn...
That rule is no longer necessary, command blocks are player specific now.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Ok so I am walking along in my skyblock, nether side. Waiting for pigman to spawn when all of a sudden I see the amber red of the nether sky all around me. I think that its just my mouse slipped and I am just looking up at nothing, to my surprise I look down and left then right... still nothing but amber red. POW Nether generation! All around me and no skyblock to see I find myself on a huge fortress. I take a snapshot that isnt suitable for children and then proceed to say hello to an ender skeleton.. I enter the nether again after my death and arrival the spawn and quick run to my portal to find my skyblock!!! and no nether generation.. Glad I took the pic or it wouldve been a hard one to prove..

Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Dale on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dale

Post by Dale »

embirrim wrote:
Dale wrote:Rule # 6 was left out. No using other peoples command blocks at spawn...
That rule is no longer necessary, command blocks are player specific now.
Some arent, euphanised was using some and didnt know thats bad.