[BTW 4.42] Better than Wolves Server [Friendly|Whitelist]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
kaikalii

[BTW 4.42] Better than Wolves Server [Friendly|Whitelist]

Post by kaikalii »

I've started a new Better than Wolves server, and I'm looking for people to join. The server is meant to lean toward a community feel, but people can do their own things as well.

Rules:
- No griefing, stealing, hacking, spamming, or any other general douchebaggery (pretty basic stuff)
- Help others when you can
- Don't have more than 30 animals bred of any kind.
- Don't set up a base too far from spawn. (1000 blocks is too far.)
- Just try to create a friendly, fun atmosphere.

Server Info:
- IP: 198.12.65.87:25665
- HC Buckets: ON (It really is better.)
- HC Spawn: OFF
- HC PlayerNames: OFF
- HC Enderchests: OFF

Whitelist Application:
IGN:
What can you bring to the server?:

*This is a quick and dirty server page. I'm sure I will improve it when the server gets going.
Spoiler
Show
Flowerchild wrote:Look, again, nothing against Jeb and Dinnerbone, but "THEY ARE NOT DESIGNERS". That is not an insult against them, that is a statement of plainly obvious fact.
Gareleus

Re: [BTW 4.42] Better than Wolves Server [Friendly|Whitelist

Post by Gareleus »

IGN: buildingmaker

Age: 14 (Going out on a limb here and hope you won't mind my age, I have been told I am more mature than my generation but it would be nice if you could decide for yourself.)

How long have you been playing BTW: Just after they added wolves to the game (like one or two updates) I picked it up, about three months after creation of the forums maybe two.

What can I bring to the server: Admittedly nothing in terms of knowledge despite my lengthy stay here I don't automate very often but I do know the ins and outs of this mod fairly well and am willing to be a team player.
kaikalii

Post by kaikalii »

Gareleus wrote:IGN: buildingmaker

Age: 14 (Going out on a limb here and hope you won't mind my age, I have been told I am more mature than my generation but it would be nice if you could decide for yourself.)

How long have you been playing BTW: Just after they added wolves to the game (like one or two updates) I picked it up, about three months after creation of the forums maybe two.

What can I bring to the server: Admittedly nothing in terms of knowledge despite my lengthy stay here I don't automate very often but I do know the ins and outs of this mod fairly well and am willing to be a team player.
Whitelisted! Welcome aboard.
Spoiler
Show
Flowerchild wrote:Look, again, nothing against Jeb and Dinnerbone, but "THEY ARE NOT DESIGNERS". That is not an insult against them, that is a statement of plainly obvious fact.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Hmm looks new and should be pretty cool I am all for a go at it!

Ign: prof_ion (are you surprised?)

age:16 (hopefully not considered too young I am know as a mature player on edolas as FaceFoiled will most likely vouch for me on)

time with the mod: Literally very shortly after I started minecraft. I joined minecraft a week or two after it released (officially) and I started playing with BTW not to long after that. (maybe a month)

what can I bring?: Well I am a bit of a redstoner I can not say that I am "Good" but I know my way around handful of it's functions. I also am a HUGE fan of automation! If I can think of a way to automate it... I will! Why? most likely cause I have nothing better to do, and automation is one of the key points of the mod anyway :D
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
kaikalii

Post by kaikalii »

Prof_Ion wrote:Hmm looks new and should be pretty cool I am all for a go at it!

Ign: prof_ion (are you surprised?)

age:16 (hopefully not considered too young I am know as a mature player on edolas as FaceFoiled will most likely vouch for me on)

time with the mod: Literally very shortly after I started minecraft. I joined minecraft a week or two after it released (officially) and I started playing with BTW not to long after that. (maybe a month)

what can I bring?: Well I am a bit of a redstoner I can not say that I am "Good" but I know my way around handful of it's functions. I also am a HUGE fan of automation! If I can think of a way to automate it... I will! Why? most likely cause I have nothing better to do, and automation is one of the key points of the mod anyway :D
Welcome :D
Spoiler
Show
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

IGN: Benanov
How long you've been playing BTW: Since BWR came out, basically
What can you bring to the server?: A vast villager trading empire.

(Selfishly, I need use of a non-BWR server for regression testing some bugs we've found in villager trading in BWR. I won't make anything stupid; I just need to work through some villager bugs, so I figured I'd set up a trade depot & get to know some more players than the ones that hang out on Wasteland. I'm an infrastructure guy, so I don't make big impressive buildings - but I tend to make safe areas that produce resources. My refinement into automated farms isn't there yet - I prefer the semiauto ones, but I'm working on it.)
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
kaikalii

Post by kaikalii »

Benanov wrote:IGN: Benanov
How long you've been playing BTW: Since BWR came out, basically
What can you bring to the server?: A vast villager trading empire.

(Selfishly, I need use of a non-BWR server for regression testing some bugs we've found in villager trading in BWR. I won't make anything stupid; I just need to work through some villager bugs, so I figured I'd set up a trade depot & get to know some more players than the ones that hang out on Wasteland. I'm an infrastructure guy, so I don't make big impressive buildings - but I tend to make safe areas that produce resources. My refinement into automated farms isn't there yet - I prefer the semiauto ones, but I'm working on it.)
Welcome
Spoiler
Show
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Thought I might write a bit of my play experiences as like a journal in the forum maybe will get some people interested :D
(if you have any trouble with it kaikalii let me know I will stop immediately)

Lost in a new world! [chapter 1]
Spoiler
Show
Today I found myself in a new world. It was very interesting and peaceful (or so I thought) I had started right near this nice forest where two river inlets came together, or maybe it was one that split apart who knows at this point survival was my primary focus. I got straight to getting some wood. I found myself strangely urged to punch the trees down. To my surprise this did not at all hurt me or my fists! I then realized that this was no ordinary world!

After wood collection I moved to find a nice place to settle. I had hopped maybe I was not alone in this world and though I found sights of other life like cows and and sheep no others persons were really around. I had found some hemp growing near a small pool or maybe it was a puddle. After further exploration I found a civilization! I am sad to say at first I found no one was home. At first I assumed they were just out gather wood or something. I soon found this also to false as the doors on many of the buildings had been broken out, and blood stains were on the walls of the houses. This I found very discouraging when I thought I had found hope it had been ripped from me! I was not at that time sure by what though. When night came I found a very pale I would even say white old fellow... he was very bony and look sad. When I approached I was warded off with arrows pointed to my head. I naturally assumed he was hostile and left him be. I took for shelter finding a church which I ignored. As obviously if there were any gods in this world they didn't like me, and the feeling was mutual!

I found a near by house of which the door had been blocked in by some sort of cave in of gravel and dirt. I went in through a window, and to my encouragement I found a living human....looking thing! I was over joyed. Sadly though he didn't like me all that much either and left from where I had came. I fear he may have suffered the same fate as his long lost friends had. I found this a sad ending to my first day in this world and took my pick to get to some search for coal in hopes to be able to further explore what possibilities this world holds.
-edit-
A few hours later I came across a strange looking green spotted man. I know not what manner of disease he has, but I have found that hugging these type of people may not be in my best interest. #not to self. Do NOT hug green men!
Chapter 2
Spoiler
Show
I have been here a few days now. I have tamed some sheep that have been multiplying as the days go by. My food supply seems to be well established by those (now passed) villagers that lived her long ago. I have decided in their honor that I would attempt to return this village back to its original glory and make it open to any who find it suitable for living. I will be expanding the farms soon, and I have already started the slow project that is building up my house to be a great mansion over looking the village I have chosen to call home. I have met one other intelligent being. I feel I may have some things to learn from him as he has some form of protective armor. I followed him while he was mining and found that he had made his armor of iron. Iron seems to be a fairly common resource of which tools and armor can be made out of. This greatly excited me as stone tools are not very sharp and can be a real pain to work with.
I to have sadly found more hostiles outside of even the explosive green men (I still search for a cure to their strange disease.) Zombies are in this world. This greatly concerns me as back when I lived in my old world the zombie apocalypse was greatly predicted. I am begging to wonder if perhaps I am in the future. I was expecting the future to be more high tech, but war most likely destroyed most of the civilization. Though there still is a chance that I am in a whole other world or dimension all it's own. I have found myself fairly good at bench working and I have learned a number of things I can build. Such as tools and armor. Though today I did find a strange red dust that seems electric in properties. I made some dispensers to feed my sheep so I could do it from my home. (as going outside can be dangerous at times.
There is so much I am yet to learn. I really can not spend any more time writing this tonight I bid whomever you may be fair well.
Last edited by Prof_Ion on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareleus

Post by Gareleus »

Is it possible for some of the people on the server to identify where they are from so maybe we can figure out when we can get on so we can enjoy the Multi part of SMP? Unless of course I have been completely missing out on it, then would someone mind telling me when you are on?
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Gareleus wrote:Is it possible for some of the people on the server to identify where they are from so maybe we can figure out when we can get on so we can enjoy the Multi part of SMP? Unless of course I have been completely missing out on it, then would someone mind telling me when you are on?
That is actually a good idea (imo) I am from western New York and Usually get on in the afternoon from 6-10 (in that time range I do not play everyday) [western New York is in EST-5]
dr_bleblo

Post by dr_bleblo »

IGN:dr_bleblo
How long you've been playing BTW:never this would be my first time unless i play a little before i join
What can you bring to the server?:the ability to teach many can teach me how to play this and i will not be like most and learn the basics then think I know everything im also on very often and would be very good for repetitive tasks.

(forgot to add) after Im done with learning i really love to automate i came from FTB build-craft red-power thinking it was all to easy and so here i am.
Gareleus

Post by Gareleus »

Alright we'll I am PST but I can get on around 9 (6 EST) and play for maybe an two hours on weekends other than that I am busy with school and finals.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Gareleus wrote:Alright we'll I am PST but I can get on around 9 (6 EST) and play for maybe an two hours on weekends other than that I am busy with school and finals.
Yeah I understand how school can be! I wont be on today as I am gonna be doing things with my dad, but I should be able to be on around then tomorrow
Gareleus

Post by Gareleus »

Alright I can probably play tomorrow being that the week ended so that should be exciting, should we meet at spawn or somewhere else?
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Gareleus wrote:Alright I can probably play tomorrow being that the week ended so that should be exciting, should we meet at spawn or somewhere else?
I can meet you at spawn will only be around for about an hour. (got friday night stuff going on xD)
I live in the village not to far from spawn.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Just added chapter 2 to the "Lost in a new world" Diary I hope you all enjoy it :D
Elleance

Post by Elleance »

IGN: PrestonX06 (Yes yes, terrible name, I'm getting a replacement soon.)

Age: 15 (It may be a tad young sure, so I'll assure you immaturity wont be an issue with me.)

Time with BTW: I started using Btw shortly after I got Minecraft. (October-ish 2011)

What can you bring: A decent knowledge of Redstone, Mechanical Power, and Brewing. I also know my way around the mod fairly well.