Coming back to Minecraft. (and BTW!)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Kain Magin

Re: Coming back to Minecraft. (and BTW!)

Post by Kain Magin »

Siege Wizard wrote:
Kain Magin wrote:Hmmm, never used vine traps before now so I'll take you're advice, have yet to make a saw as i have yet to find a single wolf anywhere yet, im praying to find one in the swamp I just came across. But about vines I got a stack out of the "nearby" Jungle and was already planning on saving some to make at least a room full where I had to manually collect it if I needed it until if/when I wanted an automated system.
Was a nice idea. When you get the saws nedt you only would need to make w water current recolect the vines and put some saws in the wall to make it automatic. That plus a hopper and you have your first full automatic with no-maintainance-nedt farm.
Kain Magin wrote:Just gotta love the people here, so helpful ^^ thanks as always
You're welcome :)
Kain Magin wrote:Edit: WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!! Found a Taiga biome! 2,451 clicks from home! through the swamp, then through a massive jungle! and right on the edge of that taiga biome, at LEAST a dozen wolves! if not more! only had 4 bones on me, so I waited till nightfall and killed every skellie i saw and managed to get 4 wolves!!!!!!! Soooooo happy right now!!!!! And just for shits-n-Giggles, I came out of the jungle right on the corner of a Taige and a normal Forest biome, so I also got a few Spruce/Birch Saplings ^^ I gets ta make me a tree farm off in a nearby mountain thats hollowed out. Expand my property ^^.
Yes taiga are the best places to find wolves, being forest the second biomes. I have never found a wolf in a biome that is neither a forest nor a taiga. Remember you can always breed two wolves so you actually don't need more than 2. 4 will speed up the process saving you more or less 25 mins. I actually only have 4 wolves pooping and I need a huge amount of cows to keep up in leather production so if you haven't found cows yet, it's time to go for them.

S.W.
Kool, thanks for the build advice, wasn't quite sure how i wanted to do it yet. That makes things easier. Still gathering and milling down hemp as i seem to have a snowstorm every time i turn around. Currently still deciding on where i want to move my windmill to. Like em a bit bigger and less crappy looking... lol.

Been breeding my wolves, got 10 now. Just gotta build them an enclosure for them to poop in and an auto moo farm, got the moo's just need to build it already.
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".
Gwyndion

Post by Gwyndion »

Hmm guess I'll ask my question here to avoid making a new topic. I updated minecraft and forgot that BTW might not work with the update and saw that my hemp plants, windmill etc'd all dissapeared. Will those reappear if I install BTW for 1.4.7 after it's released or will I have to gather all that hemp again and I'm basically screwed?
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

Gwyndion wrote:Hmm guess I'll ask my question here to avoid making a new topic. I updated minecraft and forgot that BTW might not work with the update and saw that my hemp plants, windmill etc'd all dissapeared. Will those reappear if I install BTW for 1.4.7 after it's released or will I have to gather all that hemp again and I'm basically screwed?
in my previous acidents I had doing the same thing, the stuff didn't reappear, so you can prepare to make it all over again
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

It's likely that every BTW block and item in the chunks that you loaded are gone forever. This is why you should always keep backups of your worlds.
Gwyndion

Post by Gwyndion »

Argh effing hell...that sucks...Not the mods fault obviously but really, wish they'd prevent such things...Wonder if it's worth retaining this map, got some diamonds etc and got a small farm going or if a new nicer map might be preferable, got wolves but hide nor hair of any cows for miles, hmm...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gwyndion wrote:Hmm guess I'll ask my question here to avoid making a new topic. I updated minecraft and forgot that BTW might not work with the update and saw that my hemp plants, windmill etc'd all dissapeared. Will those reappear if I install BTW for 1.4.7 after it's released or will I have to gather all that hemp again and I'm basically screwed?
I have no idea why someone would think rolling their tech-support request into someone else's thread, thereby imposing it upon anyone that may have been following it for other reasons is a good idea.

I think phrases containing "to avoid making a new topic" have become my new personal pet peeve. Is hitting the "new topic" button such a massive burden beyond hitting the "reply" one that people feel compelled to avoid it or something?
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

FlowerChild wrote:
I have no idea why someone would think rolling their tech-support request into someone else's thread, thereby imposing it upon anyone that may have been following it for other reasons is a good idea.

I think phrases containing "to avoid making a new topic" have become my new personal pet peeve. Is hitting the "new topic" button such a massive burden beyond hitting the "reply" one that people feel compelled to avoid it or something?
Time for a new forum rule?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Kain Magin wrote:Time for a new forum rule?
Rules #1 through #3 cover all contingencies.
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

Gotcha, and thanks, just got home and saw that... ugh... now time to get back on topic ^^

So far I'm having fun with BTW and Minecraft, not so much with the large biomes lol. way too much blasted walking. I'm gonna do 1 of 2 things, move my base , or start a new world with large biomes off (and play around till i get a snow biome again ^^, preferably next to a desert, lol).

I havn't gotten too terribly attached to this world yet, so im leaning towards starting a new one with all the info I've gotten from ya'll and playing this world. Don't even really care for my base... lol. yup, new world it is... and update minecraft... ftw!

Edit: I should have just left well enough alone.... deleted the inside of my .minecraft folder (sept saves, texturepacks, and lastlogin) and the minecraft servers are busy, like forever... blah..... anyways ^^ lol

EDIT 2: .... ok, said I wanted to start in a snow biome.... heh... heh... heh...
Spoiler
Show
Are you effing kidding? REALLY???? Like REALLY REALLY? I havnt moved, turned, nothing. That is my spawn. 1st try too ^^. Kinda super awesome ^^. Never started in a Taiga before, this should be sweet... Here skelly skelly skelly! I need your bones! This should DEFINITELY prove to be more interesting.

Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Well I actually may be doing the same thing, but will keep the same seed as I love mine. I start in the border between a taiga biome (what is what you call snow biome), and a small "mountain" one with a high water source from where I can get all my system working. The mountain biome is surrounded by a plain with a village, a desert, the taiga one, and a good amount of forest biomes. A bit further away through the plain biome, just behind the village, there is a small swamp. May I be missing any biome? I think I don't. I also have a very near zombie spawner for the mossy stone before being able to set an automatic harvester. When I find my strongholds Ill let you know as I'm still recolecting ender pearls, what is hard (yeahhhh) with the new way of making endermen angry.

Wouldn't you like a seed like this? I may post some pictures one day, when I give my base up a face clean up.

S.W.
Gwyndion

Post by Gwyndion »

FlowerChild wrote:

Sorry but that wasn't meant as a tech support question at all, merely just a question about how minecraft handles mods in general and hat might be preferable if it did delete the data. I'm just used to forums here the mods don't prefer a topic for every little question.
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

Siege Wizard wrote:Well I actually may be doing the same thing, but will keep the same seed as I love mine. I start in the border between a taiga biome (what is what you call snow biome), and a small "mountain" one with a high water source from where I can get all my system working. The mountain biome is surrounded by a plain with a village, a desert, the taiga one, and a good amount of forest biomes. A bit further away through the plain biome, just behind the village, there is a small swamp. May I be missing any biome? I think I don't. I also have a very near zombie spawner for the mossy stone before being able to set an automatic harvester. When I find my strongholds Ill let you know as I'm still recolecting ender pearls, what is hard (yeahhhh) with the new way of making endermen angry.

Wouldn't you like a seed like this? I may post some pictures one day, when I give my base up a face clean up.

S.W.
Taiga and Snow biomes are different to me, Taiga has all the spruce tree's, Snow (had to look up the actual name on the wiki) is either ice plains or tundra, i just call it snow, as it is really all you see, everywhere... ^^ (just for clarification).

hehe, i had a world like that, was doin a lets play series and was having fun when my recording software effed up, lost hours of recording, tried again, did it again, then that world got corrupted....
and this was before seeds.... ... i think... dun remember... least with my world corrupt, i couldn't get the seed anyways.
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

Nother question. kinda aesthetic, how best to go about placing torches in a snow biome without melting all the snow? Tried puting em on a fence post... how high do ya have to place them?

Oh yea, totaly got freaked out by my cows today. Was breeding them, they were on one side of the fence and i was on the other... ::squelch... placenta:: baby cow suddenly on my side of the fence.... and it was FOLLOWING ME! I swear i almost killed the devil baby right there!!
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Kain Magin wrote:Nother question. kinda aesthetic, how best to go about placing torches in a snow biome without melting all the snow? Tried puting em on a fence post... how high do ya have to place them?
Make a test, set different high fences with torches and see which one works better.
Kain Magin wrote:Oh yea, totaly got freaked out by my cows today. Was breeding them, they were on one side of the fence and i was on the other... ::squelch... placenta:: baby cow suddenly on my side of the fence.... and it was FOLLOWING ME! I swear i almost killed the devil baby right there!!
Where you still having wheat in your hand? Adult cows after breeding loose momentarily the interest on the wheat, but baby cows, as they haven't followed you, start to do it right when they are born.

S.W.
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

Siege Wizard wrote:
Kain Magin wrote:Nother question. kinda aesthetic, how best to go about placing torches in a snow biome without melting all the snow? Tried puting em on a fence post... how high do ya have to place them?
Make a test, set different high fences with torches and see which one works better.
Kain Magin wrote:Oh yea, totaly got freaked out by my cows today. Was breeding them, they were on one side of the fence and i was on the other... ::squelch... placenta:: baby cow suddenly on my side of the fence.... and it was FOLLOWING ME! I swear i almost killed the devil baby right there!!
Where you still having wheat in your hand? Adult cows after breeding loose momentarily the interest on the wheat, but baby cows, as they haven't followed you, start to do it right when they are born.

S.W.
Fence: will do. Cow: honestly, don't remember, kinda freaked me out, just saw baby cow get squeze-born through fence then it started to folow me... thought it might be some kinda FC Creeper Cow...
ScubaPlays

Post by ScubaPlays »

Kain Magin wrote:Oh yea, totaly got freaked out by my cows today. Was breeding them, they were on one side of the fence and i was on the other... ::squelch... placenta:: baby cow suddenly on my side of the fence....
Yeah I consistently have this issue when breeding animals and using fences to keep them in their pens.
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

ScubaPlays wrote:
Kain Magin wrote:Oh yea, totaly got freaked out by my cows today. Was breeding them, they were on one side of the fence and i was on the other... ::squelch... placenta:: baby cow suddenly on my side of the fence....
Yeah I consistently have this issue when breeding animals and using fences to keep them in their pens.
I'm gonna try digging a 1 block deep ditch, with 2 high fencing inside it. like so.

air-fence
dirt-fence
dirt-dirt-dirt-dirt-etc

and see how that works. wor the entrance, you'll have to either do

air-fence gate
dirt-fence gate
dirt-dirt-dirt-dirt-etc

or

air-fence gate
dirt-stairs
dirt-dirt-dirt-dirt-etc

but with stairs, you'd prolly still have same issue as above but just in that one area.