Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FaceFoiled

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by FaceFoiled »

Audio quality per channel, ah that explains a lot. :D I'll give it a test again later on. Sadly won't be on tonight, christmas party time!

RTH; The followup of Better Than Wolves, Return to Home.
DigitalAristotle217

Post by DigitalAristotle217 »

Just read the last page and you aren't whitelisting new members at the moment? Or just not whitelisting in general?

If you could, do you mind PMing me? I had a few questions about the whitelisting in general. If you feel your time is better spent doing something, I totally understand! Just curious =)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

@DigitalAristotle217 - PM'd

--

I just restarted the server, which auto-updated it to 1.4.6. £"*$("$£&* Sorry guys, but I can't set it back to 1.4.5 until I get home (at work).
Mac

Post by Mac »

Then this means we're not able to play on the server until you restore it it back to 1.4.5?
Btw, is there a way to disable that "auto-Update" function?

I sincerely hope that we're spared from that thing with the old chunks and do not have to rely on backups.

Also,
concerning your website.
Is it possible to sort the white list in alphabetical order?
Would make it much easier and comfortable to read.

Lastly,
Merry Christmas and thank you for providing us this server of yours and being a wise and merciful Admin.
My Youtube channel.

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Then this means we're not able to play on the server until you restore it it back to 1.4.5?
I honestly do not know what happens when you try to login with the version mismatch, to avoid any possible problems I have simply stopped the server. I will set it back to 1.4.5 again as soon as I get home. The update would not have altered anything in regards to chunks/nether though, so it should all be fine. =)

Btw, is there a way to disable that "auto-Update" function?
Unfortunately not, as least, not as far as I know. It only auto-updates when I restart the server (and a new version is available).

Is it possible to sort the white list in alphabetical order?
Sure, will do so now. :)

Merry Christmas to you too Mac! :)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

It is always nice to see our members on and around :D and posting in the forums as well as playing the game. :D I just want to wish you all a merry Christmas! and thank you FaceFoiled for being not only an awesome server host but also a friend to all the players!

On a side not I have something I would like to talk to you about FaceFoiled if you can find the time to send me a PM or email or whatever that would be greatly appreciated.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Edolas is back up, MC 1.4.5. =)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Sorry it took a bit longer than usual, but Edolas has been updated as well now. :)
Mac

Post by Mac »

I've added a nice little something to the right-hand side of the staircase to the castle.

Have a look if time permits it ;)

Also left a little present for our beloved fellow citizen and local overlord at his doorstep.
Silver-Platters where out of stock during time of delivery.
My Youtube channel.

FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Oh that sounds interesting! :) I'm out for the night, but I will have look when I get home! :)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

alright everyone the activity level is starting to concern me I honestly don't want to log onto a server to play alone. I think we need a way to bring people back to us. I have talked a bit with FF about a scavenger hunt of some kind.but some other ideas would be good :D if anyone has any ideas could you post them or PM me if you want help developing them or anything.
aeper

Post by aeper »

Would love to see the server.. maybe settle?

I love auto farms.
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

Sorry about my own activity, ppl called in at work, and then managed to get them selves fired. So im covering till we get some new ppls, doing 6 day weeks and sleeping on my day off, havent had time for much of anything.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

So I've been gone for freakin' ever, but I remember loving both this community and the Edolas server. As I suspect the whitelist I was on is probably long gone, I'd like to re-request permission to play with you guys. I won't be exceptionally active, but I'd drop by from time to time to hang out and build stuff.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Descar right? You're still whitelisted. :)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

FaceFoiled wrote:Descar right? You're still whitelisted. :)
Aye, that's me, and awesome :D Thanks!

I'm guessing the map was reset at some point though, given I think I last played on the server in the pre-stronghold days lol. I feel like crap tonight, but I might drop on tomorrow and set up camp somewhere.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
sleekjazz

Post by sleekjazz »

Maybe we might need to whitelist a couple of new players, I agree with Prof Ion it is good to log on and find other players on. I saw a few pages back there where a few whitelist requests. Have they been screened for communicable diseases?
:D
Sleekjazz
PS Prof have got a sweet spot for a kiln and soul urn factory if you are still keen to help me build a sweet lil setup :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Yup I agree, I'll likely be a bit more lenient on whitelisting requests. I still don't want to whitelist fully new forum members though (unless someone can vouch for them). I will personally be back playing in about 2 weeks. :P I have been on a horrible shift at work for the last month, which pretty much meant I got home, watched tv series, slept, worked and so on. I finish this shift tomorrow, but am going snowboarding for 2 weeks afterwards.

When I get back though, I have a few plans to work on.

1) - Whitelisting new members, get some more activity going again
2) - Work on a pretty cool event thought up by Prof_Ion (no spoilers! :D)
3) - SKYCITY!!!!! aaaargh!!!! :D

/edit
Goddamn updates after restarts! Server offline until I can set it back to 1.4.6/BTW. Sorry. :(
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

I am going to have to try to get on a bit more I think. Kind of got out of the habit when the server went down for a few days and I realized how far behind I was on my SP world. All these new toys to play with (whitestone!) and I couldn't use them. Been doing a lot of work on that world lately (find stronghold, beat Enderdragon's ass into the ground, harvest endstone, build autokiln, etc.) Was actually thinking of popping in tonight.

Also, face and prof ain't kidding when they say no teasers on the event. I didn't even know they were planning anything hardly! Have to see if I can beat it out of prof tomorrow, but I will try not to break any fingers :P

Oh, also got a prototype auto cracked/mossy stone brick system going, gonna have to build that in Edolas now. Not that I know what I am gonna do with loads of the stuff, but I like that sort of thing.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

sleekjazz wrote:Maybe we might need to whitelist a couple of new players, I agree with Prof Ion it is good to log on and find other players on. I saw a few pages back there where a few whitelist requests. Have they been screened for communicable diseases?
Sleekjazz
PS Prof have got a sweet spot for a kiln and soul urn factory if you are still keen to help me build a sweet lil setup :)
you know I am in sleek! I have been needing a project to work on!
Wgurgh wrote:Also, face and prof ain't kidding when they say no teasers on the event. I didn't even know they were planning anything hardly! Have to see if I can beat it out of prof tomorrow, but I will try not to break any fingers :P
/me knuckle touchs with FF
I will never speak anything of it! NEVER!!!!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

My apologies for the delay, but I am afraid that the server won't be online for at least another 11hours or so. Long story short, left work early last night and just got back to work in time again for todays shift. \o/ I am very fucking tired :P, but should have a passport to use on Wednesday.
sleekjazz

Post by sleekjazz »

No Worries FF, Thanks for all your efforts! CU in Skyciiteeeeeeeeeeee! (that is me falling off the edge....)
Sleek
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Updated and online again.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Well life goes on in Edolas with my good buddy sleek and I playing and having some good fun tonight ;)
poor fellow went afk.....with me around! bad idea! I have built a contraption that just might keep him locked up for a while! I can honestly say I had more fun building that than I have had in a good while. It is nice to be able to have some fun and just unwind my life get's a bit rocky at times, and getting on edolas is like a second home to me. Thank you FF for making this server and letting me on almost a year ago now, and thank you to all the others who have made this server the place it is.
Hogtooth

Post by Hogtooth »

FF, Hogtooth here. I posted an application for whitelist a few days ago on your web page and see that you dont want to add people here who are new to the Forums. I just watned to give you a little info about myself. So that you could make a desicion based on this and not how long ive been a forum member on BTW. I just started playing BTW and this is why the new membership. I have been playing MC or a variation of it for the better part of 2 years. I was playing Terrafirmacraft but BTW is more of what i have been looking for. I am over the age of 40 and looking to be a part of a community that likes to build and show off what they have done. If you want more information about myself please pm me. I would hate to be excluded from your server just because i have not been a member of BTW very long.

Regards
Hogtooth.