Noir's Designs (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Kombucha

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Detector Blocks Are a Thing!)

Post by Kombucha »

The Phoenixian wrote:It sounds to me like you had backflow problems. (Screw pumps will periodically check to see if the water they are pumping is traveling in a loop back to themselves, if it is, they shut off) That's why the aqueducts in the wiki have those stone brick blocks to the top right of each screw pump.
That does makes a lot of sense.

Also, I see a lot of glass being used. Is it related to the vMC mechanic (that I hope I'm not completely making up) that makes water flow faster when between glass blocks or does everyone just like it for aesthetic reasons?
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Edit: If you're still having issues I would suggest going to the tech support section, this thread isn't going to be much help for what your problem seems to be.

Aside from what has already been said I'd offer that you may not have them receiving constant mechanical power.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

It turns out it was a simple matter of blocking back-flow.

Now to design a city wall to conceal the aqueduct to contain it that can withstand a creeper blast...
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

Noir your Machine Designs are awesome. I've learned so much.

Thanks for the Wheat Farm design. I've been working on an auto wheat farm, for a while now; I kept on running into East-South Redstone bugs, that limited were I could place my design. Your's is so much simpler.. The only change I made was to add an Item Dispenser for Bone Meal.

I have a request, a design storage minecart emptier. This would use a block dispenser to suck up the storage minecart, and let the items fall into a hopper. All my efforts have had timing issues. And are rather large. I'd love to see what you come up with.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

nmarshall23 wrote:Noir your Machine Designs are awesome. I've learned so much.

Thanks for the Wheat Farm design. I've been working on an auto wheat farm, for a while now; I kept on running into East-South Redstone bugs, that limited were I could place my design. Your's is so much simpler.. The only change I made was to add an Item Dispenser for Bone Meal.

I have a request, a design storage minecart emptier. This would use a block dispenser to suck up the storage minecart, and let the items fall into a hopper. All my efforts have had timing issues. And are rather large. I'd love to see what you come up with.
I've actually made attempts in the past to make one, unfortunately it is near impossible to make one that is reliable without the use of water, I'll try to do some tests though. The problem is in that chest carts are very finicky in the way items will pour out of them. You can have them sealed up and items will glitch through walls and generally be scumbags, so I've avoided this despite my natural inclination towards waterless designs.

And thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it :)
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

Kombucha

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Illogically Compact!)

Post by Kombucha »

Just a closing thought on Screw Pumps: They seem to be a colossal pain given how many automated setups require water... I may just wuss out and turn off HC Buckets...
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Kombucha wrote:Just a closing thought on Screw Pumps: They seem to be a colossal pain given how many automated setups require water... I may just wuss out and turn off HC Buckets...
Or do what I do and just use water so scarcely that it becomes irrelevant :)

Dilun

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (With Reduced Eye Sores!)

Post by Dilun »

Noir, weren't you going to stack my map with redstone????

There's a chalenge for you.
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

BlackCat wrote:
Kombucha wrote:Just a closing thought on Screw Pumps: They seem to be a colossal pain given how many automated setups require water... I may just wuss out and turn off HC Buckets...
Or do what I do and just use water so scarcely that it becomes irrelevant :)
Had a lucky streak in finding diamonds, wolves, cows and obsidian, I may just wait and see if I can't make everything I want work with HCBuckets enabled.

:edit: removed unnecessary bit.
Last edited by Kombucha on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (With Reduced Eye Sores!)

Post by BlackCat »

Just a little bit of a heads up, I might not be able to do much MC stuff for the next week or so, I'm going to be busy with moving.

Sorry about that, I'll try to at least work a bit on the thread while I'm away from MC.

Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Kombucha wrote:Question: Can you force a millstone to expel it's payload in a predetermined direction by covering all but one side?
No I don't believe so. I think it's designed to require a setup with water flow around it. I've always thought you could construct a dry one with bellows for the nether but I've never got around to testing it.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Heilkaiba wrote:
Kombucha wrote:Question: Can you force a millstone to expel it's payload in a predetermined direction by covering all but one side?
No I don't believe so. I think it's designed to require a setup with water flow around it. I've always thought you could construct a dry one with bellows for the nether but I've never got around to testing it.
Guys seriously, please do not use this thread for general discussion, I'm getting a bit tired of it, I read through all posts on this thread so I don't appreciate people using it this way.

And to answer your question despite my obvious frustration, no, you need to either use pistons or water flow or multiple hoppers to automatically collect millstone products.

Edit: I added a notice at the bottom of the original post, I would suggest you read it.

Edit again: Thanks Kombucha, I appreciate it :)

greezoo117

Post by greezoo117 »

Excuse me; I see you have posted your chicken farm (and it works perfectly). Could you add some pig/cow farm design too, please ?

Furthermore, I'm looking at your wool farm. Does it produce enough wool with only one cell? (how much do I need for 32 wool per hour per wool color. Is there other ways to get a large amount of wool ? (one cell is expensive imo).
"Minecraft, where the only limit is your imagination". Well, f**k you Time !
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

greezoo117 wrote:Excuse me; I see you have posted your chicken farm (and it works perfectly). Could you add some pig/cow farm design too, please ?

Furthermore, I'm looking at your wool farm. Does it produce enough wool with only one cell? (how much do I need for 32 wool per hour per wool color. Is there other ways to get a large amount of wool ? (one cell is expensive imo).
You can stack multiple sheep in one cell, and yes I plan on adding cow and pig farms eventually, it's just a matter of getting around to it. Thanks for the feedback on the chicken farm.

I've not put the wool farm in a timed test, but from what I've seen it gets the job done.

Also if 1 buddy block and 1 block dispenser is expensive for you, I would suggest looking elsewhere, as most of my designs are centered around compaction rather than being optimally resource friendly, in addition to the fact that it is near impossible to make a cheaper cell.

greezoo117

Post by greezoo117 »

BlackCat wrote:Also if 1 buddy block and 1 block dispenser is expensive for you, I would suggest looking elsewhere, as most of my designs are centered around compaction rather than being optimally resource friendly, in addition to the fact that it is near impossible to make a cheaper cell.
Oops, I didn't mean that. I was assuming that it required one cell per sheep. In that case, it was really expensive. But if I can have multiple sheep per cell, it's not that bad.

Thank you for your answers and designs !
"Minecraft, where the only limit is your imagination". Well, f**k you Time !
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

greezoo117 wrote: Oops, I didn't mean that. I was assuming that it required one cell per sheep. In that case, it was really expensive. But if I can have multiple sheep per cell, it's not that bad.

Thank you for your answers and designs !
Glad I could help :)

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was already in the description, it says you can stack multiple sheep in a single cell.

Mason11987

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos

Post by Mason11987 »

BlackCat wrote:Woooooooooooo mob trap filtering video is out now!

Everyone should go give battosay and mason cookies, without them I wouldn't have been able to do this.
Awesome. Way to break it down to a science, mine was a lot of trial and error. I'm not much of a refiner :). Well done!
BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Now with added laziness!)

Post by BlackCat »

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I can't thank you enough for all the help :)

BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Now with added laziness!)

Post by BlackCat »

Hey if you guys want to pm me screenshots of these in your worlds I'd appreciate it, I would like to make a section for that as a showcase.

Thanks again for all the continued support!

BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Auto Kiln and Reformatting!)

Post by BlackCat »

Alright guys, I've had this thread up for a while now, and I feel that I need to say a few things.

Wow. Just wow. I didn't expect that this would become so popular and well received.

My plans for the thread and my youtube channel are pretty large. I want to share all of the knowledge I have with the community, and in doing so I want to create a comprehensive and detailed resource for people who want it. I've always loved seeing how creativity just flows from each one of the pores of this community, it's really just astonishing. I love BTW more than I can even begin to explain, and I want each and every person who plays this fantastic mod to have a fair shake at experiencing all of the challenges and their respective rewards.

So what does this mean? It means you should expect to see lots and lots more from me :)

I'm going to try and get through everything I feel that I have a good grasp on in this mod and provide comprehensive and organized tutorials and explanations.

Can't thank you guys enough for supporting me through all of this, it means a lot to me.

Siege Wizard

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Now with added ice and cocoa!

Post by Siege Wizard »

I love your designs in general. But...

... I must be against the egg farming and craker ones. Animal cruelty is fine but stacking animals in a single space was something that flowerchild tried to avoid some time ago, if I'm not getting confused.

S.W.
Last edited by Siege Wizard on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackCat

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Now with added ice and cocoa!

Post by BlackCat »

Thanks for removing that, I'll see about making some changes as to not promote chicken singularities.

RalphKastro

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Massive Melons!)

Post by RalphKastro »

could you please show me someway to make a mob grinder with chopping blocks?
have been trying for a week now
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

RalphKastro wrote:could you please show me someway to make a mob grinder with chopping blocks?
have been trying for a week now
Do you want spiders contained in it? That's going to make it rather difficult, though I can show how to do it without them pretty easily.

Edit: Also by mob grinder do you mean spawner or actual mob trap?

RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

BlackCat wrote:
Do you want spiders contained in it? That's going to make it rather difficult, though I can show how to do it without them pretty easily.

Edit: Also by mob grinder do you mean spawner or actual mob trap?
Spiders aren't needed. But if it's not a problem to you, would be nice to have them too.
And by mob grinder I mean the part that kills.