The official: "AAAAHHH!!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!" thread

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

The official: "AAAAHHH!!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!" thread

Post by FlowerChild »

Will setup this thread now just in case I'm too busy later on dodging falling meteors and putting on my gas mask to type anything more than a quick message :)

Thematic music for your evening at no extra charge:

Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: The official: "AAAAHHH!!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!" thr

Post by Sarudak »

Is this related to the 2012 thing?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Is this related to the 2012 thing?
But of course. To me, any prediction of the end of the world is good cause for a party ;)
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Not sure if the Mayans specified a time this is all going to kick off but it's just gone midnight where I am so I'm off to bed. I hope I don't sleep through the festivities :(

EDIT: Removed picture... *shudder*
Last edited by Ozziie on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I plan on recording the end of the world and posting it on YouTube so future races know what not to do in the event of catastrophe.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Psion

Post by Psion »

My prediction: Everyone will be releasing news about their latest inventions, songs, sales events, whatever tomorrow that it will cause mass chaos and bring about a drastic change to the world, thus fulfilling the belief some have that the mayans predicted a drastic shift to the world, not the end!

That or the song "Gangnam Style" proves itself to actually be a form of mind control and he takes over the world. I mean, his name is Psy! And his song's causing flash mobs! What more evidence do we need?!?!

I shall remain safe however, knowing i'm one of the few who hasn't subjected themselves to this aural infection. :)
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

As someone from the future (it's 1pm-ish on Friday in New Zealand), I can let you in on the secret that the world hasn't ended yet.

Beautiful sunny day, and no visible planets about to hit us.

However it's supposed to happen till about 11 minutes past midnight my time, so there is still over 10 hours to go yet.

I'll let you know then what happens, unless I forget or I'm sleeping.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I just saw someone walking a dog near my back yard.

Wasn't the Son of Sam instructed by dogs to kill? Coincidence?

I think not.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Son of Sam?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Actually, I feel like virtual DJing some apocalyptic tunnage, and I figure I may as well usher in the end of the world with the gang, so I'm going to pop over to IRC if anyone cares to join me :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Son of Sam?
Bah...you youngins and your new fangled serial-killers. Guess I should have made a Dexter reference :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_sam

Never seen the movie Summer Of Sam? Good flic.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

I can confirm everything is normal in Britain, it is still raining...

If the rain starts burning or turns into napalm I promise to press the remaining pieces of my skeleton onto the keyboard to let you know.

Edit: Well if it keeps on raining the world won't end but the, well, I'll let Zepplin take it from here....

Last edited by Pucc on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Pucc wrote: If the rain starts burning or turns into napalm I promise to press the remaining pieces of my skeleton onto the keyboard to let you know.
Bonus points if you can do so with a phrase involving "tutt tutt" and "old chap".
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

I for one look forward to meeting and greeting our alien overlords and will be waiting for them with milk and cookies. (should that specific scenerio play out)

Been looking forward to such an event ever since i read "childhoods end" (by Arthur C. Clarke) when i was younger. after all, every ending is just a new begining. and i am convinced that any species capable of bridging the stars, will not be evil.

Heck they might even be the vulcans, comeing to take leonard nimoy back come, as he has now fulfilled his duty and contribution to man kind. that would also be a form of "childhoods end" as we would go, ohh look at that! spoc was real (and correct) all along! lets change our destructive human ways!

however if we should not be so lucky and it is truly then "end" instead of a new begining. then i hope for the zombie apocalypse. might as well have a lil fun and put all those video game skills to actual use. :D
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

FlowerChild wrote:Bonus points if you can do so with a phrase involving "tutt tutt" and "old chap".
The "T" and the "U" are close enough together on the keyboard that if the rain so happens to dissolve my forehead I reckon flapping my eyes about in that general location of the keyboard could prove successful.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

All seems to be well in Australia so far, I haven't seen any murderous zombies roaming the streets, and the sun isn't any hotter or colder than I would expect.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

odranoel wrote:I for one look forward to meeting and greeting our alien overlords and will be waiting for them with milk and cookies. (should that specific scenerio play out)

Been looking forward to such an event ever since i read "childhoods end" (by Arthur C. Clarke) when i was younger. after all, every ending is just a new begining. and i am convinced that any species capable of bridging the stars, will not be evil.

Heck they might even be the vulcans, comeing to take leonard nimoy back come, as he has now fulfilled his duty and contribution to man kind. that would also be a form of "childhoods end" as we would go, ohh look at that! spoc was real (and correct) all along! lets change our destructive human ways!
Based on evidence from 1996, you may need to lower your expectations...
Spoiler
Show
Utterbob

Post by Utterbob »

Detritus wrote:All seems to be well in Australia so far, I haven't seen any murderous zombies roaming the streets, and the sun isn't any hotter or colder than I would expect.
And by that he means direct exposure to the sun isn't searing the skin from our bones any faster than normal.
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

I had a cheeky wank and went to bed at 9pm for Y2K. Planning on doing much the same for this coming Apocalypse.

Also probably listening to this all day:

https://soundcloud.com/footmerc/dj-foot ... death-rave

That's some quality Juke/Trap/Post-Rave, smooth, not too bitey.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

Ozziie wrote: Based on evidence from 1996, you may need to lower your expectations...
Spoiler
Show
hahahaha, well so far opportunity, spirit and curiosity say mars is nothing more then a dead rust heap at the moment. so anyone comeing our way will have to come from much farther away then mars. thus requiring technoloy so advanced that once you CAN get here, anything the earth can provide will be readily availible throughout the universe for you. i cant tell you how disapointed i was when stephen hawking came out and said we shouldnt try and make contact because they would be just as ignorant as us.....

well either way Dec 21 is just an hour and a half away from my time zone, so we will find out eventually!

Alien invasion?
Zombie hoards?
Meteor? (gods ban hammer)
Super volcano?
Sun going nova?
An encounter with a black sun?
Chuck norris passing gass?

how do you guys think it will end?
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

If anyone needs a good countdown site, I believe this one is very fitting.

http://www.terriblefate.com/
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

D: that list so much longer then i would have expected xD
i know man has been crying wolf for a long time but.....damn.

EpicAaron wrote:If anyone needs a good countdown site, I believe this one is very fitting.

http://www.terriblefate.com/
wow im really digging the music on that site, very powerful. disonant yet harmonic at the same time, pretty and ugly! a very hard combination to pull off.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

odranoel wrote:wow im really digging the music on that site, very powerful. disonant yet harmonic at the same time, pretty and ugly! a very hard combination to pull off.
It really reminds me of the music from the interactive board game Atmosfear (minus the flutey bit). Its a timed game and the music on it slowly picks up tempo and tension its great within the last 5 minutes everyone is screaming and yelling "roll the fucking dice already!" one of the best board games I've played.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You're no fun :(