my battlestar galactica remix

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
odranoel

my battlestar galactica remix

Post by odranoel »

so the other day i made this remix of "the dance" from battlestar galactica for my finals at the music school im attending. we had to make a remix using some form of old or classical music. in this case i choose celtic, and well, i love battlestars music so much, i guess it was inevitable id make a remix of this sooner or later. i figured given the nature of the kind of people here there must be a BSG fan or two, so i wanted to share it with you all. :p

hope you guys enjoy!

someonetobe

Re: my battlestar galactica remix

Post by someonetobe »

/clap
I seek fond moments, not fond memories.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Loved it :)
I even downloaded it to put it in my phone. That's the kind of music I love to listen when I'm waking up (which usually takes me an hour or two. I move my body, but my mind is still in bed :p)

Oh, and :
ONE OR TWO FANS ?
*takes his banhammer out*
Everyone who never watched BSG, speak now and earn a week of vacation to fix this terrible mistake, or hide it and fear my fury, 'cause I'll find out :p
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Everyone who never watched BSG, speak now and earn a week of vacation to fix this terrible mistake, or hide it and fear my fury, 'cause I'll find out :p
I watched the entire series and loved it...

...until the end...

Now I'm ashamed to admit I ever watched it and am desperately trying to forget I spent so much time doing so over the years :)
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Battosay wrote:Loved it :)
Everyone who never watched BSG, speak now and earn a week of vacation to fix this terrible mistake, or hide it and fear my fury, 'cause I'll find out :p
I'll just come out and say I watched the original, and didnt care much for the new version.

And on topic, love the music, might download that later.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Battosay wrote:Oh, and :
ONE OR TWO FANS ?
*takes his banhammer out*
Since you lured me out. . .I've never seen BSG. . .

*hides in corner* :p
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Admittedly, I was also disappointed in the end. But it was such a great journey it didn't ruined everything for me :)
It's not like if they pulled a Lost or something ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Admittedly, I was also disappointed in the end. But it was such a great journey it didn't ruined everything for me :)
It's not like if they pulled a Lost or something ;)
See, I didn't watch Lost, so that reference is "lost" on me ;)

Yeah, I'm a real stickler for endings man. Even if I love something to death (like I did BSG...especially the early seasons), an ending can completely ruin it for me.

Like when I was younger, I couldn't watch the first Highlander movie for many years, even though I loved it, once the second movie came out. It just blew the whole thing right out of the water for me, and I couldn't take the original seriously anymore because of it.

With BSG though I found it particularly slapped together. I spent years discussing the meaning behind it all with friends and such, and had one friend who pretty much all along said "man...don't discuss the meaning behind it, there is none, and when they manufacture one, you'll just be disappointed". Turns out he was spot on about that. The random ending they attached to it couldn't hold a candle to any of the theories we had came up with, and as a result, it just felt like a huge let-down.

Anyways, I guess in summary what I found is that the show hinted at a far greater depth than ever materialized. The ending basically amounted to "robots are bad, mkay?" which I think was already effectively covered in the very first episode ;)
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Currently watching BSG for the first time. It's very well put together so far. I'm working on season 4 right now.

My question is, does Starbuck's actress piss the hell out of anyone else? I almost stopped watching the series on season 1 because she was so frakking annoying, and season 4 she's managed to surpass it!
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

im afraid i must confes i havent actually finished the series yet :s, im about half way through season 4. just have been so busy lately i havent had much time to finish it off.

im glad you guys liked the remix tho, it got me a passing grade :D
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

tom_savage wrote:Currently watching BSG for the first time. It's very well put together so far. I'm working on season 4 right now.

My question is, does Starbuck's actress piss the hell out of anyone else? I almost stopped watching the series on season 1 because she was so frakking annoying, and season 4 she's managed to surpass it!
I think it's because she's trying to partially recreate the original starbuck...who was very manly in nearly every stereotypical sense of the word. Her whole destiny thing bothered me a little in the beginning, but I ended up mostly satisfied with the end result(trying to say this without spoiling anything...so difficult!)
I think one of the reasons that I liked that series is because it didn't create a cast of perfect people like some other shows...many characters had huge flaws, and some of them died for it, or made huge mistakes because of them, just like in real life, Starbuck being a prime example of this. I thought that almost every characters actions made sense given their personality and the situation, but I couldn't help yelling at the tv because of some of the stupid shit they pulled sometimes.
As far as the ending goes, (don't read the spoilers if you havn't seen it)
Spoiler
Show
I thought it was a refreshing break from the happily ever after crap that I see so often in other finales. It kept the mysterious and semi-hopeless tone of the show while giving it a sense of finality, but I think it was more about wrapping up every character individually rather than wrapping up the show as a whole. Not the best that the writers could have done, but acceptable.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Hey man, love the remix. I checked out some more songs on your channel and had a quick look at your Soundcloud. There's some good stuff there, especially the SSBC stuff :)

Perpetual State of Confusion felt like time was slowing down as I was listening but I really liked it.

Are you planning to upload the BSG remix to Soundcloud?

EDIT: Just listened to Electro Tango a couple of times as well. Not sure why I like it, maybe it's the rhythm?
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

Ozziie wrote:Hey man, love the remix. I checked out some more songs on your channel and had a quick look at your Soundcloud. There's some good stuff there, especially the SSBC stuff :)

Perpetual State of Confusion felt like time was slowing down as I was listening but I really liked it.

Are you planning to upload the BSG remix to Soundcloud?

EDIT: Just listened to Electro Tango a couple of times as well. Not sure why I like it, maybe it's the rhythm?
thanks man! as a musician its the best thing one can hear, that others enjoyed your music :) so thanks again.

yes i do plan to load up the rest of my songs onto sound cloud. as is i currently have the majority on youtube. (like 30ish on youtube and i think 4 on soundcloud) thing is im currently makeing the transition from truely amateur to a bit more pro and sophisticated it terms of audio quality and composition techniques. (im still a long way off from considering myself a true professional) and this last year have been focusing more on mixing and mastering then composing, to try and get down the basic techniques.

this has left a rather large gap in terms of audio quality from my newer stuff compared with my older stuff. so i want to try and remaster the majority of my songs befor putting them up on soundcloud. because as is they are currently all "raw" in terms of mastering, so they all sound a lil dull and muddy in the mid range. unfortunatly the mastering process is a bit more time consuming then i originally thought it would be so its takeing me longer then i suspected. (that and im still pretty newb to mastering) but that was also cuz i had alot of other things to do this year that have really been slowing me down. (not to mention my obsession with BTW in my spare time xD ) now that im free tho (today is literally my last day at music school!) i should have alot more time to really finish up my songs and start uploading them to soundcloud.

how ever that being said, and because you asked so nicely, ill go ahead and upload the BSG song to soundlcoud right now :p. as im still unsure by what artist name i want to go by once i really start finishing my songs. so i might make a new soundcloud/youtube anyways once iv got the mastering process mastered (no pun intended :p ) so by the time you read this it should be uploaded.

also thanks about the tango song xD that one i really made in just an hour or so frantically trying to cope with what my teacher had asked us to do (i kinda waited till the last moment :/ ) and i personally wasnt too happy with it xD. so its nice to hear people enjoying something i initially thought was rather crappy :p. i can be my own worst enemy in terms of critisizing my work, but it helps to keep a high standard in terms of satisfaction :)

in case anyone else is wondering here are my youtube and soundcloud links
Edit: Ok the BSG remix is now uploaded to soundcloud :)