Destroyable Mills with bow

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
tduroo

Destroyable Mills with bow

Post by tduroo »

Hello there

I've encountered a strange thing recently. I don't know if it's a bug or feature, but i was really surprised.
I was fighting with monsters near my windmill and accidentaly i shoot some arrows on it and I destroyed my windmill. This behaviour occurs with both mills. Is it normal behaviour?

I didn't find it on forums, nor wiki. I don't want to bother FC or anyone else, this is the greatest mod of all times, but if it does so, feel free to delete or lock it.

btw. sorry for my bad english.
Sajuuk

Re: Destroyable Mills with bow

Post by Sajuuk »

I could see that happening because any obstruction destroys the windmill, and arrows have been changed to be detectable objects. I think that's how it would work.
[ IGN = Herpingderp ]
Urian

Post by Urian »

Windmills (and waterwheels) are entities just like boats and minecarts. They can therefore be destroyed (ie. returned to item form) by damaging them.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
David367th

Post by David367th »

Urian wrote:Smart Words
I think that we got an explanation now..

Which would make sence that when typing "Kill all"
Or "Kill NPCs" on SPP commands would kill all the windmills and waterwheels

I find the Windmill very tough though, I can't destroy it with my hands, like I have to use an axe...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

If it's a problem that people run into frequently (doesn't appear to be though), I can give the Wind Mill some more damage resistance if need be.

Not sure about the "Kill All" thing in SPC (since I don't use it). If it doesn't destroy Minecarts (which are also entities), not sure why it would destroy Wind Mills or Water Wheels. Does it actually do that or is this just a theory of yours?
David367th

Post by David367th »

Yes...

I've typed it a couple times to find my waterwheel and Windmill in item form on the ground

I remember typing Kill Entities or Kill all or kill npc

And it say back "Killed x number of entities"
tduroo

Post by tduroo »

Thank you very much for the answers. The funny thing is I've never realized, that I can destroy minecarts with bow. :D
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

I never realized carts/boats could be destroyed with bows, and by extension, dispensers. New systems, here I go...
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.