so i have built a working elevator

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Beerkeg

so i have built a working elevator

Post by Beerkeg »

thanks to yammz youtube video my elevator now works up and down with commands buttons at both top and buttom, my question is.. would it be possible to had.. multiple floors to the elevator? like lets say while your at top you press one button to go to middle instead of buttom of mining shaft? and once youre at mid you have choice to wither go up or down? is there a way to wire that in some efficient way? i am no redstone expert.. far from it. all i know is that atm im using a t flip-flop at top to control my gearbox..

I know my question is maybe badly formulated... but english isnot my natvie language :)

Thanks
gftweek

Re: so i have built a working elevator

Post by gftweek »

Entirely possible but it can be complicated. Check out Battosay's elevator tutorial video.
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

yeah i have watched battosay<s videos. his machines are all awesome but sometimes instructions are kinda hard to follow. i think
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

I know from experience that one can even make an elevator with 10 floors. It's just complex, and hard to time. I'll post a tut later maybe...
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

It might be easier to simply make the elevator always stop half-way down. That way the only real circuitry you need is a T-Flip flop controlling the direction, and another controlling the brakes. A couple of redstone columns, a flip flop and a pair of detector blocks later and you'll be set.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

atm my t flip flop is stopping the gear box and not the pulley.. for some reason i couldnot get the pulley to stop for some reasons.. so as soon as i flip one of the button is dosen't actually stops the platform but rather invert his movement. it bascially only stops going down when the pulley is empty or stops going up when the anchor reaches the pulley.. im uploading a youtube video atm to show up my setup. that way maybe you awesome builders can give me clues on how to improove the thingy :)

Upload speed sucks.. so it will take an hour or so before its done uploading.. ill post link ASA its done :)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Ensure your power line actually runs in a direct line into the side of the pulley. Redstone doesn't auto-snap to BTW blocks like it does to some vM blocks, so you have to make sure the line actually points at the pulley to stop it.
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

hmm? if i apply current to the pulley to make it break it also means i have to hmm split the current to the gear box too? or else the elevator will never go down?
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

holy crap the video quality is bad.. ill have to watch video compression guides..

anyways here it is.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056oiyGSOjQ

Leave your comments on what should i try to build next :)

the bid bulky cobble building is the poo factory ( but i have killed all the dogs) .. lol

Constructive comments on how to fix mah evevator and other things would be great

Also you might not see it but there are plenty of craters all around my base.. thanks to freaking creepers.. :P
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

hoping for at least one person giving feed back :P
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Looks like the redstone that should be linking to your pulley (2:16 in your video) is on a corner, so it isn't attached, it needs to be a straight segment, a repeater or a single piece so that the line actually touches the pulley.
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

yeah i know im aware the redstone isnot stopping the pulley atm. instead im using the flip flop to engage/disengage the gearbox, it a simple system but atm the elevator is stopping going down for one reason.. the pulley is running you of rope, this is basically atm how i stop the elevator from going straight to bedrock :P
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Basic setup I use-- each floor button sends out three signals. The first connects to either the S or R side of an RS latch, depending on whether that floor is above or below the current one.

Before I explain the other two, the rest of the setup is a detector at each floor facing into the elevator shaft with a piston or block dispenser controlling the transmission of the circuit. Each floor has it's own RS latch, connected to that piston or BD. The signal from the detector, after passing through the piston/BD gate, runs up to the pulleys and directly powers them.

The second signal from the floor button is hooked up to all the reset sides of the RS latches on each floor. The third and final signal is connected to the set side of the latch for the floor that button is for.

End result: The elevator goes the correct direction, and will only stop at the detector for the floor it belongs to.