What is BWF?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: What is BWF?

Post by Sarudak »

*sigh*

I hate all of this drama and BS. Why can people just be normal and decent to each other?
jehanum

Post by jehanum »

That's kinda like closing the barn door after the horses have left isn't it? Sad fact is, Forge simps now have their hands on it, and it wouldn't be very difficult for one of them to take it and run with it, regardless of what "FlowerAdult/FlowerSibling/whatever" does.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Sorry I'm late to the party after the fact, I normally just download the update and leave due to the girlfriend being hooked on more creatures and a few other ascetic (or however its spelled) mods that are saddly forge mods.

I always keep an entire MC folder exclusively for BTW and I always will....I'm just stuck with a forge folder so I can LAN with the girl on the rare ocasion she can play.

You have my support and I will always support you as your mod was the first I ever used and was able to understand, and after months of the same thing over and over again and other mods before finding yours were no fun or I just couldent understand them BTW was a breath of fresh air and it alone kept me from quiting MC completly.

While I have nothing to contribute to further this discusion I will be paying more atention in the future so if something does happen to crop up again I can help raise some hell. Peace out and love ya guys, once we get stable net expect some lets plays from me and the girl.

Good lucks resolving the rest of the issue with Lex the scumbag and getting him shut down if possible. I'll raise some stink here and there on the MCF where needed, you wont notice me but I'll be there, for now I'm going back to lurker mode.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

finite8 wrote:So.... is it beer'o'clock yet on this matter?
Unfortunately, no. Looks more like it's "keep on fighting the good fight" o'clock once again :)

Just more obfuscation on their part really. Nothing new.

And BTW, I just read your sig and cracked up laughing. I had forgotten I had said that. Classic ;)
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

<.< let's keep the gloating/I-knew-we-were-right-take-that, to a minimum...since too much pride in the "victory" may just restart the war.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

grimper12341 wrote:<.< let's keep the gloating/I-knew-we-were-right-take-that, to a minimum...since too much pride in the "victory" may just restart the war.
Dude...seriously...might be best to read the whole thread before making posts to it.

This is absolutely NOT over in any way shape or form. Any rumors to the contrary originated with Lex and Co. trying to make people believe exactly that through deceiving Gil.

It's just yet another layer of scum on the pond.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Ergo "victory" in quotation marks :p
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

grimper12341 wrote:Ergo "victory" in quotation marks :p
Errr...then what gloating could you possibly be referring to, and what war would you be wanting to avoid restarting if it's still ongoing?
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, here's some small development:

http://ezekielelin.com/websiteoffline.php?s=bwf

It looks like that link has been updated a little, one to say "out of respect for FC" instead of "by request from FC."

and also below there are two pastebin links, one containing a chat bewteen gil and FC over PM. and another one containing IRC logs.

not really sure what the current situation is as theres alot of logs and info is fairly spread out in various places. but given FC posts above im guessing these changes i jsut pointed out dont mean shit... :/

also ill say now (as this is my first post on the issue) that you have my full support FC, and its truely shocking the level of malice that some people are willing to inflict.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, quick summary of what happened today as it seems to be causing a lot of confusion. I'll keep it short, as I'm pretty tired at the moment:

-Earlier today Gilberreke popped up on the BTW thread and said he was involved with BWF and wanted to talk to me about it.

-We had a conversation over PM, which as far as I know, is the same one currently posted on the BWF site (keep in mind of course, that's on their end, so I can't vouch for its ongoing authenticity). Short version is that he said that BWF had been written by a "lone gunman" who had not intended to distribute it, and Lex had then proceeded to turn it into this big public affair.

-The BWF website was changed to say they were pulling it in the midst of this conversation.

-I went onto IRC later on today, and Gil was suddenly telling a very different story (he popped into our IRC channel to say some of this publicly to confirm), that he had been duped himself, and that the guy he thought was "FlowerAdult" was not actually him. He has his own theories on who it is and such, but I'm obviously not going to get into those as they're largely unsubstantiated and we've already been subjected to enough disinformation without potentially throwing more into the mix.

In other words, this whole thing is still ongoing. As far as I can tell, they haven't "stopped" BWF in any way, this was just intended to make us think they had to give them a little space to keep on developing it and hopefully blunt our campaign against it in the process.

At present, it's a big tin-foil hat convention, with this whole thing today adding a bunch of confusion into the mix, but the one thing that's obvious is that it's far from over.

On the bright side, we're obviously causing them problems if they'd go to these lengths, and again, Lex is just looking worse and worse in the process to those around him.
Talrea

Post by Talrea »

the mods/admins on mcf seem to, well at least some of them siding or at leasst helping the forge side of things, the removal of banners and such.

i'm not sure if its actively to shiut down the conversations because their siding with you know who, or if its because they don't want those argumentrs in general, but they seem to be mostly targetting btw banners etc.
devak

Post by devak »

*post obsoleted*
Last edited by devak on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

devak wrote:I just read the log on the BWF main site.
Look, again: please read the posts before yours before posting.

We've already established that the info in that log is BS.
devak

Post by devak »

Yea i just realized that basically, they're blowing the foundation of all this. A case of "i don't know what to believe anymore".

This situation seems to be worse than the worst soap on TV. What's next? A long-lost brother raised from the dead?

EDIT2: Actually FC: i think you posted your post while i was reading the logs, and i kept an old copy open. I noticed the new post now above my previous one but missed yours.
Azradun

Post by Azradun »

FlowerChild wrote:

a) I think they severely overestimated how much the MC community hates me. Sure...I've got a ton of hate out there for me, but as you said, it's largely down to the 14 year olds, NOT the mature and intelligent individuals that tend to like to play BTW (largely because the mod is designed specifically for mature and intelligent individuals).
I'd personally defend a bat out of hell if it was treated the way you are. I've never even (gasp!) played BTW yet. But it's irrelevant. They forgot that some actions have so much ill weight on their own, that it doesn't really matter who they touch. There are a few modders out there on MCF who I frankly don't like, but if someone tried a hostile takeover of their work, they would have my full support too.

The point is: one day they come for X, the second they come for Y, and a month after no one is safe. Some kinds of behaviour need to be rooted out before they mature.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Azradun wrote:The point is: one day they come for X, the second they come for Y, and a month after no one is safe. Some kinds of behaviour need to be rooted out before they mature.
The crux of the matter, in a single point. This is not about copyright or ego or who you like or dislike. This is about the future of MC modding as a whole.
Lots of planets have a north...!
Talrea

Post by Talrea »

thats kinda why people are and should make a stand, not just for better than wolves but the entire communitity of modders.

it doesn't matter who they tried to steal from its just wrong.

i respect FC greatly, but the community should stand and support anyone whos targetted by this kind of action.

those that do this stuff, blatantly stealing or copying mods, should be confronted and learn that this has to end, it won't be tolerated.
ryandevries911

Post by ryandevries911 »

I created an account just to post this. I don't play BTW I am a forge mod player mostly. It's the mod authors choice if his mod is stand alone or compatible with others. I respect FlowerChild and his mod even if I don't enjoy the mod myself. I have tried playing it about 10 times and don't know why I didn't enjoy it. But the fact that someone would copy his mod is just stupid and I personally want nothing to do with that. I could understand if they created there own vision of the game and not try to make a exact copy of it. I hope that BWF or whatever it is gets shut down. It might not be breaking any laws and I don't want to start a debate on that, but it don't make it right ether. The only case I could even come close to accepting it is if FlowerChild abandoned his mod and I don't see that happening any time soon. then I could see someone taking it up but then I would hope they would try to stay with the spirit of the mod and wishes of the mod author.

so I hope you are successful at shutting it down and ending this face-slap to the minecraft modding community. good luck to you FlowerChild and know you have support from the forge players as well. Not all of us are mindless sheep being guided blind by mod devs.

sorry if this is long or miss spelled I have never been good at that.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

FlowerChild wrote:
finite8 wrote:So.... is it beer'o'clock yet on this matter?
Unfortunately, no. Looks more like it's "keep on fighting the good fight" o'clock once again :)

Just more obfuscation on their part really. Nothing new.

And BTW, I just read your sig and cracked up laughing. I had forgotten I had said that. Classic ;)
*sigh*. Well... make it beer-and-a-shitstorm-o'clock then.

And yes, I very rarely siggy quote, but that was too priceless to not keep forever.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
elustran

Post by elustran »

This has been a strange affair.

BTW is the first MC mod that really had enough in it for me to consider breaking into my .jar and assaulting it with hemp, windmills, and awesomeness, so every time I see BTW embroiled in controversy or being fucked over, I am filled with the sadness of a thousand dying suns.

I agree with Sarudak - why can't we all just get along? Isn't Minecraft about making shit and having fun? When did it become about whose mod was better than whose? It's so strange to watch all this unfold amongst a bunch of modders who are essentially making shit for free so all us mooks can laugh and have a good time. You poor sods get little more than begrudging respect, it's bad enough you have to watch your labors get stolen. It's time for the dick-waving contest to end - those left waving their dicks around trying to get attention will get left out in the cold and look down, embarrassed at the shrivelled bit that's left to them.

FC, you're an ornery bastard, keep your chin up.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FlowerChild wrote:At present, it's a big tin-foil hat convention, with this whole thing today adding a bunch of confusion into the mix, but the one thing that's obvious is that it's far from over.

On the bright side, we're obviously causing them problems if they'd go to these lengths, and again, Lex is just looking worse and worse in the process to those around him.
This whole thing just scummy as all hell. If you are deceiving the people on your side, how could you possibly expect them to help you out?

And finally this thing can get some real use.

*Dons tin foil hat*
Deathover

Post by Deathover »

First of all I want to say that I'm new to BTW, I started playing it someting like a week before drama discussed here has begun. Why? I was a Forge player before and I abandoned it because of it's stupid "everything compatible" mania. As it was said on this forum many times, mod developers were drawn away from their own mods because of the mob asking about compatibility with everyting. What I personally saw is that there is hollowness in this mods, because authors were forced to do overpowered endgame content in order to "make mod complete". There were a lot of features to try out while you played mods altogether, every seemed to be neat and I couldn't choose out of them: it simply ended up in me trying to do everything and it destroyed any enjoyment. And than I remembered about BTW(know it from the first version) that actually brought me up here. I don't like singing difirambs to anything, but I will make exception for you FC and your mod: Best mod for minecraft ever. EVER!!!11!!!

Ok, I think I am over with my little prelude and now I'll go directly to the topic of the discussion. I was following this drama since it begun, but hadn't had time to give my view about it and to fight with trolls on MCForums. Now I finally have some free time and I want to say that I support you fully. All that shit with BWF and Forge community spilling dirt on you is disgusting and immoral. I will move to the newest updates about this situation. I think that Gil is lying or telling us half-truth, I don't believe that FA(or FlowerSibling if we believe Gil) didn't hear about this issue for so long, something surely isn't clear about it. In my opinion FA is actually someone big in the community, and all that Gil said is just made by Lex and Co to disorganise us, to make us believe in our victory. If it were peace, there would't have been that "delayed for unknown period" message on BWF site. If they want peace, they must give BFW code to the FC and make appologies. I don't see anything of this done, neither I see any clear statement from big forge developers out there. What it means? It means that war continues and that we must collect all our powers in order to be ready for another shitwave incoming. Lex is still head of the Forge and we can't just leave this as is. As we have some time to prepare, I think we have to gather support from other mod developers that may be affected by monopoly ambitions of Forge community, let's players that can make clear the situation with BFW and other useful people. Sad but true-the war only begins.

Your big fan, Deathover.

P.S. I'm sorry if there are a lot of mistakes in the above text, English isn't my native language and there are a lot of text... Definitely that is something pretty hard to mix.
Last edited by Deathover on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Yay, now is fighty time, fighty time, blood blood blood!"- Deadpool
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

Wait... It's tinfoil hat time and FC hasn't dropped any hints? WTF?
Talrea

Post by Talrea »

nice for you to drop by deathover and the other new supporters.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Just watch this whole thing somehow be viral advertising of RTH ;)