Fight the good fight banners

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
azagal73

Re: What is BWF?

Post by azagal73 »

embirrim wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote:I thought that was a Star Trek reference...
I'm not that into Star trek, so maybe it also is.
And I'm not 100% sure if in HGTTC he says futile or useless.
It's "Resistance is useless" and since the book was released in 1979, I'd say it pre-dated the Borg.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

embirrim wrote: It just occurred to me that perhaps there should be a separate thread for banners.
I agree.

Thanks for the input on the banner, it indeed is a StarTrek reference, this is the final result:

edit:
FlowerChild wrote: Banner code is here:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6433][img]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/566/nomeansnobanner.png[/img][/url]
I think they want "" around the URL in the MCF, so it should be

[url="http://www.sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6433"][img]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/566/nomeansnobanner.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by mc_dunedin on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panda

Post by Panda »

So i have a pencil sketch and was wondering if anyone would want to finish coloring it for me? T^T I have a tone of projects and basically am a RIT shut in at the moment... :(
Never say no to Panda.
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

mc_dunedin wrote:I just created this banner, what dou you guys think of this?

Not quite sure if its not a little too general..

edit: if you don't know what this is about
Ahahaha. This is golden.
rrusciguy

Post by rrusciguy »

barcode wrote:
mc_dunedin wrote:I just created this banner, what dou you guys think of this?

Not quite sure if its not a little too general..

edit: if you don't know what this is about
You should add a creeper face to the cube, or even better a sheep face... you know, sheep blindly following and stuff... not sure if that makes sense to you, might be a German thing.. ;) I like it though, it's a good idea!

There's a reason the general masses are called "sheeple" ;)
deathzaplin

Post by deathzaplin »

i made this quickly, its not that good but i guess variety will draw attention to them

TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

Might want to consider editing the first post in this thread since the banner links here. People will probably want some kind of summary so they have a general idea what the whole post is about without reading all of the pages. Although on the other hand, if you don't have the attention span to read a few posts in, you probably wouldn't read the summary anyhow.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

Panda wrote:So i have a pencil sketch and was wondering if anyone would want to finish coloring it for me? T^T I have a tone of projects and basically am a RIT shut in at the moment... :(
i can color it for you if its OK.
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys, I really want to focus on the next release of BTW today to get back on track with the mod's actual development rather than the politics surrounding it, so I will likely be less active in this thread today than I have been.

I made a single statement today on the situation that can be found here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/253 ... ry19687701

Having written that up though, I'll be trying to limit my involvement there.

Beyond that, if I can ask people to keep on fighting the good fight while I get some work done, I'd be very much obliged.

I very much like the idea however of splitting the banner part of this thread into another though, so if a moderator could take care of that I'd really appreciate it.

Again, thanks a million for the community's support in this. It really means the world to me to see both fans of the mod and general members of the MC community rally behind me like this when I've been so obviously wronged. Really, the only recourse in this is for as many people as possible to stand up and say "no" to this kind of nonsense, and let the heads of the Forge know that there are some forms of behavior the community simply will not tolerate.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Fight the good fight banners

Post by Sarudak »

Done.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Done.
Thanks man :)

Just as a quick aside: the Borg banner gave me a good chuckle. Nice one :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, I just saw the finished Borg banner in action on MCF for the first time, and I almost blew beer through my nose from laughing so hard.

Seriously...that thing rocks guys. The addition of the creeper and companion cube faces pushes it into outright classic.

Again...thank you. Seeing the community unleash their creativity on this gives me far more satisfaction than anything I could make myself would :)
xou816

Post by xou816 »

abzu93 wrote:Another banner.
Spoiler
Show
edit: It just occurred to me that perhaps there should be a separate thread for banners.
Don't mind if I use your banner on MCF? It is for a good cause :)
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

xou816 wrote:
abzu93 wrote:Another banner.
Spoiler
Show
edit: It just occurred to me that perhaps there should be a separate thread for banners.
Don't mind if I use your banner on MCF? It is for a good cause :)
I don't mind at all, or if you or anyone else want to alter it in any way as long it's used as intended.
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Chiming in a little bit late here, unfortunately it looks like i missed the mcf topic before it was deleted. Ah well, such is the way of mcf.

Of course FC and btw have my full support! Banners here and on mcf. In the past I've occasionally wandered out of the btw topic on mcf and made a few comments here and there. I'll intentionally continue to do that so that the banner gets seen. However at the moment, I don't give a shit about vanilla so the motivation to post in vanilla discussions, especially trying to make constructive arguments for design changes, are both lacking and akin to beating my fists against a brick wall. Anyway, I'll lurk around a bit and post here and there on mcf.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Here is my throwback to the old BTW Banner. (Which I didn't know changed until I checked today)
Spoiler
Show
I might give it a facelift latter, but I at least wanted to show something in my sig.

EDIT: Thanks to logorouge for being my spell check. :)
Last edited by walker_boh_65 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Image
Neat. Two things you might want to correct though: "suport" -> "support" and "indpendce" -> "independence".
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

logorouge wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:Image
Neat. Two things you might want to correct though: "suport" -> "support" and "indpendce" -> "independence".
And I tried spell checking too. . .

Thanks.
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

Seems like I'm a bit late to the "party"...

Well, here's my contribution, hopefully its understandable and will get used :)

Edit: updated

[url=http://www.sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6433][img]http://www7.pic-upload.de/17.12.12/p49hyxj79du.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Jay42 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Here are mine. They are all slightly different, but still the same.

Image Image Image
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I like them man. If banners directly making a statement on the issue at hand are beginning to be deleted by moderators/admins over on MCF, I think going in this direction is quite a good idea.

I think the issue has already been made known to enough people that it still states a clear support of what I'm going through here, without giving people even a vague excuse to delete them. They also have a stark visual contrast that really stands out.

Anyways +1 on that :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

So heres the draft drawings of my banner characters, however i literally don't have enough time between Projects and Work! T^T
Although it hurts me ill leave these here and ask that some of the other talented users on this forum put them to good use! Best of luck to you all and to all that oppose us, "Just who the hell do you think we are?! Were the better than wolves Community!!! Hoorryyyaaa!"
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

I'm now wearing one of yours on the MCF, care bear.
I also have MrLemon's avatar.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Panda

Post by Panda »

For the person that asked me on the IRC heres a second version:
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Seems the moderators on MCF are removing banners and avatars relating to this, my profile pic has gone back to the default blank face thing. Probably something to do with the last 5 pages in the BWF thread using the word 'rape' in every sentence.