Fight the good fight banners

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Stompinlama

Re: What is BWF?

Post by Stompinlama »

Good to hear, that was my major concern with this whole thing. Now back to lurking....
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

RezDev wrote:
nukularpower wrote:
icynewyear wrote:I just wanted to toss my 2 cents here. I was going to stay out of it completely but my name came up. I have nothing to do with the creation of BWF.
Well then, all apologies for bringing your name up undeservedly. It seemed logical to me at the moment, but on the other hand, I do watch your stream (quite a bit actually, gets me through work nicely) and always thought you are a cool guy, so it was a bit hard to reconcile. Seeing you on that BWF thing was a bit of a shocker though, so I guess I jumped at that. So yeah, sorry!
I will also offer my apologies if my linking your stream video felt like "pointing fingers" or "piling on."

I found your channel through JeetTol and have been watching your BtW series on YouTube. Since the stream of yours I watched was basically 3 hours of "BtW is awesome, check this out," it seemed incongruous that you might be involved, and I wanted to show the community here, as well as FC, that there were others out there who enjoyed BtW for itself.

Again, my apologies if it came across in any other way.
Too both of you, No hard feelings at all. It's a charged topic and I can understand how at a glance it could seem that way. No apologies needed.
MrLemon

Post by MrLemon »

Here is an avatar I made, anyone may use it. I might make a banner with a similar style later.
Last edited by MrLemon on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MrLemon wrote:Here is an avatar I made, anyone may use it. I might make a banner with a similar style later.
Just an FYI, you made the same mistake I initially did and misspelled independence ;)
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Are we absolutely sure indepenDance shouldn't be the correct spelling? :)

In all seriousness, totally support you in this, FC. Honestly I have to say I am appalled - I have been a part of a huge number of modding communities all the way back to Quake (the first one) and I have to say MineCraft has the ~worst~ modding community, by and large, of any game. This kind of crap would never fly in any other community.

It really saddens me to see the potential of such a great game dragged in the dirt. :(
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MaxAstro wrote:Are we absolutely sure indepenDance shouldn't be the correct spelling? :)
I agree with what was said earlier that it would have to be "indepen<dances> " to really suit it :)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

My banner:
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
MrLemon

Post by MrLemon »

FlowerChild wrote: Just an FYI, you made the same mistake I initially did and misspelled independence ;)
Oh wow, whoops. :P Fixed.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, there goes the MCF thread. Totally deleted by a mod.
Darn. I was still reading that when it got deleted. My first reaction to this whole BWF affair was along the lines of "Les tabarnaks d'enfants de..." so, good thing I didn't post in that thread. :P But the level of misinformation so far was astounding to say the least. Not to mention that guy who visited the BTW's thread... "No automation by default". Pfff!
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
rrusciguy

Post by rrusciguy »

logorouge wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Well, there goes the MCF thread. Totally deleted by a mod.
Darn. I was still reading that when it got deleted. My first reaction to this whole BWF affair was along the lines of "Les tabarnaks d'enfants de..." so, good thing I didn't post in that thread. :P But the level of misinformation so far was astounding to say the least. Not to mention that guy who visited the BTW's thread... "No automation by default". Pfff!

yeah he dont know the mod very well do he :P

but he displays the same "i want it this way so i should get it this way no matter how its done" attitude in the RP thread too.
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

I made a banner.

Full support Brother. You've handled this ordeal admirably, to say the least.
This isn't my best work, but then I just kind of threw it together from bits I found that matched your description. Yay Photoshop.
Spoiler
Show
Yes, that is the great Tekei's avatar. I just couldn't think of anything better suited...
This mod is your baby, and thus it shall forever remain.

Stay strong, stay you.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
Talrea

Post by Talrea »

i just wanted to say we're all behind you.

since i found better than wolves ive never played vMC, the vanilla game just bores me within a few days ive done all i really need to do. including building vast 100,000 block castles..

better than wolves however keeps busy, always new projects and challenges. so i just wanted to say, although i never post on the forums, i'm a long term fan of yours and suport anything you do. don't let it get you down :) .

edit: (gotta recheck i put the banner code in write lol, fixing my mistake)
Ph1il93

Post by Ph1il93 »

I wish my english knowledge would be at a point where i could have a serious discussion with the more informed supporters of BWF (obviously there is no point in trying to discuss with someone who got no idea of what he is talking about), but for now the banner on MCF has to do.

Keep up the great work!

PS I've also decided to make a banner, might take some time so.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hey guys, I just wanted to briefly post my gratitude for all the support, well wishes, and banners being posted here :)

Frankly, I'm completely exhausted right now. It's been a rather intense past few days and I seem to have crashed hard all of a sudden. I suspect I'm going to get a very good night of sleep now and get back to working on the mod tomorrow.

But yeah, I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks. I means a heck of a lot to me to see the community for the mod getting behind me like this.
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

Not too happy with it, but it looks okay.
Last edited by TheGuy on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Man this pisses me off... You have my full support in this FC, and even though I don't often post over on MCF, I'll update my sig there. Where this idea that somehow a mod like Timber! and a mod like BTW are in any way the same I'll never understand. Playing with several tweaks or single-tool-additions? Sure. Playing with several huge gameplay mods? Insane. How hard is that to get? And trying to coerce a mod author to go back to an API he abandoned for various reasons? Silly. Now I will definitely never write a Forge mod. I can't trust an API that is run by someone that'd support this.
Lots of planets have a north...!
barcode

Post by barcode »

I have stayed out of any discussion on this, although tempted at times, don't know enough about the topic and people involved to understand the historic facts to make informed statements, but as a professional product designer let me say this: Getting your ideas ripped off for the lack of someone's creativity is the worst that can ever happen to you. It happened to me, too, more than once, and it sucks even more when you see your idea being successful in the market, generating money, and you don't even get any recognition. I know that's not the case here, since you are somehow able to give us all of your time and effort for free, which is amazing, and BWF will never reach the quality of the Original in any way. But the feeling of getting bent over is exactly the same. Fortunately, there are quite a few people out there that are very sensitive to this kind of behavior, although, unfortunately, they seem to be a minority - but they're there, and they will boycot behavior like this and draw their conclusions.

This is why I also avoid buying products from companies that steal ideas. I hate it with a passion, and despise the people tolerating it just as much.
XantyZon wrote:- Remember just like you can't have manslaughter without laughter, you can not have forgery without forge.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

I just created this banner, what dou you guys think of this?

Not quite sure if its not a little too general..

edit: if you don't know what this is about
barcode

Post by barcode »

mc_dunedin wrote:I just created this banner, what dou you guys think of this?

edit: if you don't know what this is about
You should add a creeper face to the cube, or even better a sheep face... you know, sheep blindly following and stuff... not sure if that makes sense to you, might be a German thing.. ;) I like it though, it's a good idea!
XantyZon wrote:- Remember just like you can't have manslaughter without laughter, you can not have forgery without forge.
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

All your Mods are belong to us?

lol :)
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

mc_dunedin wrote:Not quite sure if its not a little too general..
I think it might be too, unless you can reserve about a quarter of that to, perhaps a split screen of, "'No' means 'No'!"

Otherwise great idea. I used to have the old EA shapes logo rendered as Borg cubes, with "You will be assimilated" under it. :)
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

mc_dunedin wrote:I just created this banner, what dou you guys think of this?

For a moment there I thought you had wrote "Resistance is futile!!" from The Hitchiker's guide to the galaxy.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

embirrim wrote:For a moment there I thought you had wrote "Resistance is futile!!" from The Hitchiker's guide to the galaxy.
I thought that was a Star Trek reference...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

jorgebonafe wrote:I thought that was a Star Trek reference...
I'm not that into Star trek, so maybe it also is.
And I'm not 100% sure if in HGTTC he says futile or useless.
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

Another banner.
Spoiler
Show
edit: It just occurred to me that perhaps there should be a separate thread for banners.
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show