Flower's Dev Diary (Week of December 3rd)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Poppycocks

Re: Flower's Dev Diary (Week of December 3rd)

Post by Poppycocks »

Graphite wrote:There goes my ability to ever build vanilla-style again. While playing Thaumcraft 3 over the past week, I noticed I really, really, really miss the sidings and such and well, I suspect that feeling will only get worse once I've had a chance to play around with these item-combinations...
Speaking of which, would you like that play that with BTW as bad as I do? God, that would be beast. The mods overlap somewhat, but not in a bad way. A thing or two would be made easier, but at quite a high cost, most probably after you've actually got some infrastructure in place. It would make a good balance methinks, especially if grinding souls produced flux. The flavors seem to complement each other nicely as well.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Poppycocks wrote: Speaking of which, would you like that play that with BTW as bad as I do? God, that would be beast. The mods overlap somewhat, but not in a bad way. A thing or two would be made easier, but at quite a high cost, most probably after you've actually got some infrastructure in place. It would make a good balance methinks, especially if grinding souls produced flux. The flavors seem to complement each other nicely as well.
Big time off-topic man. I don't want to hear about other mods in a dev-diary thread, or even in this sub-forum. Keep it to off-topic please, and enjoy your vacation.
Biohazard91X

Post by Biohazard91X »

I feel a bit cheeky asking about RTH, but I think this is a fair enough question and you seem in a good enough mood with all this wonderful stuff you are doing :D Will all these BTW additions also be in RTH? Or will you be leaving various things out?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rianaru wrote:Just a month? O_o
Keep in mind, that's just the bare-bones of what I would be comfortable releasing, confident that it would provide a cohesive gameplay experience.

Don't expect that initial version to have equivalents to all the functionality in BTW, or even vanilla. I'll be developing RTH for a long time to come :)
Biohazard91X wrote:I feel a bit cheeky asking about RTH, but I think this is a fair enough question and you seem in a good enough mood with all this wonderful stuff you are doing :D Will all these BTW additions also be in RTH? Or will you be leaving various things out?
As I've said before RTH, is a very different kinda thing. You can't expect there to be direct correlations between blocks in it, and blocks in BTW, as the rules of the game themselves will be very different.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I would assume you will be implementing some manner of sub-block system in it though no?
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I was just expecting it to take a lot longer based on your comments about redesigning everything (or just about) from dirt up. Plus I was assuming you'd mess around with terrain gen and everything that goes along with that. I'm definitely glad to hear that it won't be as long as a wait as I thought it would be :)
I was thinking at about a month you'd tease us with a picture of a single block and say "this is a dirt block. it will revel in your despair as it causes your death over and over again"
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Well he's already done a considerable amount of work conceptually and I would assume code-wise (as he said he actually went home in his teaser video). So he's not really starting totally from scratch.
MrLemon

Post by MrLemon »

Rianaru wrote:Plus I was assuming you'd mess around with terrain gen and everything that goes along with that.
He is.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys: Like I said earlier in the thread: I won't be answering any more questions with regards to RTH right now.

Please stop. As I said, if you want to speculate amongst yourselves, please do it in another thread.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

These new benches could also be used as aesthetic vents on minimal style houses too =) thanks as always flower!