What are you reading?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
duartemad

Re: What are you reading?

Post by duartemad »

My Portuguese teacher gave me a copy of the diary of Anne Frank.
It kinda surprised me.
This should be interesting.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Gareleus

Post by Gareleus »

Well I normally read Biographies from people around the 20's all the way to the 80's mainly political figures or famous soldiers. At Christmas I got three new book (!), The third installment of Volume on the life of Winston Churchill covering the years 1940-65. Another book that is on a group of pilots that fly B-17's in World War II, and the last is on the beginnings of the Eastern Bloc, spanning 1944-56.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I'm close to finishing Armageddon's Children by Terry Brooks. Some good ol' post-apocalyptic action with mutants and magic.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I've been on a weird binge on marvel comics lately. Especially major event crossovers. I gotta say, Civil War was very interesting and had an iron grip on me until I finished it.

Other than that, I'm finally finishing A Game of Thrones, and moving on to A Clash of Kings. Believe it or not, the series isn't actually pointless if you have read the books, and reading the books is very interesting even if you have watched the series. :]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

Re-reading the Terry Pratchett "Discworld" series. IMO, this is second only to the "Hitchhiker's Guide" series from the monumental genius of Douglas Adams.

Don't Panic.
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

I've actually been re-reading some of the index light novels, as well as the railgun manga.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Cards
I just discovered this. It's based off of superhero comic books and a tabletop RPG game that was gamemastered by George R R Martin. There are twenty-one fairly long novels that I was able to find. Excuse me while I go die of geeky happiness :D
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
ion

Post by ion »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Other than that, I'm finally finishing A Game of Thrones, and moving on to A Clash of Kings. Believe it or not, the series isn't actually pointless if you have read the books, and reading the books is very interesting even if you have watched the series. :]
prepare for more fun in A clash of kings, you'll hate the TV series after it.
just finished an old SF book: The Forever War by Joe Handelman, next the Malaussene Saga by Daniel Penac
Gears

Post by Gears »

Just started reading "Inheritance" from the Eragon series. I also found out that the local bookstore is closing, so I'm gonna need to find a new place to get my books :/
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
william711

Post by william711 »

Im close to finishing "the three musketeers".
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I just bought a new book to take with my on my vacation. Unfortunately I had to wait a while at a train station when I got the book, so started reading and quite liked it. I now finished it as well, before going on vacation ^_^.

Brandon Sanderson; Warbreaker.