Pics of your Storage room!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mikko_blu

Pics of your Storage room!

Post by Mikko_blu »

I saw this thread on MCF, and i thought it would be cool to see peoples Storage Rooms, with a bit of BTW love!
(Maybe get some cool ideas too!)

I'll start with mine! When i took this i hadn't put in the Item frames yet, but there are two for each chest, one on each side. to the immediate right, where the crafting table is is a little room with a Enderchest, Chest with Nethercoal, Anvil, And some Furnaces. I Kinda built it keeping the show Warehouse 13 in mind, because it's one of my favorite shows.

Stormweaver

Re: Pics of your Storage room!

Post by Stormweaver »

I really like how the chopping block looks when used on a large area like that; you can almost forget the red is supposed to be blood :p
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Stormweaver wrote:I really like how the chopping block looks when used on a large area like that; you can almost forget the red is supposed to be blood :p
i know, but it was the only feasible solution to a 'Faded iron' look, without using wool.
Robilar

Post by Robilar »

I can get behind this.

My storage "Rooms" are built with massive storage in mind, seeing as previous rooms have needed extensions, or branches, or full blown overhauls due to my ever expanding hoard. I usually underestimate the number of blocks I want to tuck away, or a need that may arise due to a change in BTW (such as vines, as I'm discovering with my mob trap attempt).

The top floor, if you want to call it that, as it's ground level, is built like a warehouse, with extra "Modules" I can add in as it becomes needed. Two are visible in the back.
Spoiler
Show
The floor under that is my bulk storage area. I got tired of using glowstone for everything, and torches bristling everywhere gets to be an eyesore, so I took a challenge. I turned off HCB for a little while and used lava lighting for this room. Under each glass block is a lava source block, lighting up the room quite nicely. There were quite a few accidents, given everything in the room is flammable, and I almost lost the whole facility once, but it's all contained now. Learned quite a bit about how lava lights things on fire from this.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:FUCK MAN! WHAT WE GOING TO DO NOW! WE'RE IN SOME REALLY PRETTY SHIT!!!

<dakka dakka>
EdzyWhat

Post by EdzyWhat »

Been working on a survival server with a custom texture pack with my roomies. Haven't been posting much of it, mainly because of it's current "unfinished" state. But the storage is done!
Spoiler
Show
Entry into the storage room:

Overlooking the main floor:

Looking back at the entry:
Note: Additional storage rooms hidden behind the waterfall, which parts and opens when you step on the obsidian pressure plates. All this due to new code changes from the latest update. Thanks FC!
I had an image here once. Then I took an arrow... somewhere...
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

EdzyWhat wrote:Been working on a survival server with a custom texture pack with my roomies.
Dat brick...
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I've built quite many storerooms in the past, but this one, despite all of its shortcomings, has to be my favorite.
Spoiler
Show
And no, there's no secret passage behind the canvas, every visitor beelined straight for the canvas, it was hilarious.

Surprisingly, what I loved about it the most, was the LACK of marking, I knew where everything was by heart, it made getting stuff actually faster :D.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

I have a small basement, but I plan on making it a giant library of mob skulls!
Spoiler
Show
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
DigitalAristotle217

Post by DigitalAristotle217 »

Poppycocks wrote: And no, there's no secret passage behind the canvas, every visitor beelined straight for the canvas, it was hilarious.

Surprisingly, what I loved about it the most, was the LACK of marking, I knew where everything was by heart, it made getting stuff actually faster :D.
HA. Everyone knows the diamonds are always behind the canvas.

Quick question, how do you order the storing of materials in a storage room with so many chests? I mean, it must be pretty simple because you can remember it all. You're either a genius, spend half your time in that room sometimes forgetting where things are, or you have a great system of the order of storage set up.

Also, anyone have any aesthetically pleasing, automatic storage centers? I'm in the process of developing an auto-storage place where i just drop things in water and bam in the chests, but it's all quite ugly.. I hate ugly.
Last edited by DigitalAristotle217 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

DigitalAristotle217 wrote:[quote="Poppycocks"
Also, anyone have any aesthetically pleasing, automatic storage centers? I'm in the process of developing an auto-storage place where i just drop things in water and bam in the chests, but it's all quite ugly.. I hate ugly.
Oh wow, that's a fantastic idea. Not sure why i didn't think of that before. I'm gonna have to build that
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

DigitalAristotle217 wrote:HA. Everyone knows the diamonds are always behind the canvas.

Quick question, how do you order the storing of materials in a storage room with so many chests? I mean, it must be pretty simple because you can remember it all. You're either a genius, spend half your time in that room sometimes forgetting where things are, or you have a great system of the order of storage set up.

Hm, it's kinda like this, organic is east, non-organic is west, technical is north and aesthetic is south. Bottom is low value, top is high value. What's in the specific chests just goes logically from there.

Making a purdy storage room w/o pipes is haarrrd. And I don't think it's really worth it, I've got a tendency to have small store-room for every autofarm. Most things find their way into the storeroom sooner or later manually anyway.
DigitalAristotle217

Post by DigitalAristotle217 »

I scrapped that other project in favor of a new idea.
The idea was to use this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWZEDU8siP8) with major variations to be able to throw blocks in the hole and end up in a room with chests about 40 blocks down in a storeroom. It's still in the conceptual stage, and I honestly haven't tested much with it.
Spoiler
Show
The problem seems to be a method without using ice of having a block pass by the say gold stack here and continue going, while holding the gold stack in place.
Poppycocks wrote: Hm, it's kinda like this, organic is east, non-organic is west, technical is north and aesthetic is south. Bottom is low value, top is high value. What's in the specific chests just goes logically from there.

Making a purdy storage room w/o pipes is haarrrd. And I don't think it's really worth it, I've got a tendency to have small store-room for every autofarm. Most things find their way into the storeroom sooner or later manually anyway.
Sadly I can't imagine how one could have an auto-sorter with just those 4 systems. I really do like that though, as it fits in quite nicely with how your storeroom is set up. Very original idea too. I might have to make a circular-esque type storeroom with a similar set up ;)

SgtCarebear wrote: Oh wow, that's a fantastic idea. Not sure why i didn't think of that before. I'm gonna have to build that
If you get any good results, lemme see it! It was a much bigger project that I anticipated. But most likely possible. I might mess around with it more later next week and post results. Damn finals keep getting in the way.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

DigitalAristotle217 wrote:I scrapped that other project in favor of a new idea.
The idea was to use this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWZEDU8siP8) with major variations to be able to throw blocks in the hole and end up in a room with chests about 40 blocks down in a storeroom. It's still in the conceptual stage, and I honestly haven't tested much with it.
Spoiler
Show
The problem seems to be a method without using ice of having a block pass by the say gold stack here and continue going, while holding the gold stack in place.
Poppycocks wrote: Hm, it's kinda like this, organic is east, non-organic is west, technical is north and aesthetic is south. Bottom is low value, top is high value. What's in the specific chests just goes logically from there.

Sadly I can't imagine how one could have an auto-sorter with just those 4 systems. I really do like that though, as it fits in quite nicely with how your storeroom is set up. Very original idea too. I might have to make a circular-esque type storeroom with a similar set up ;)

SgtCarebear wrote: Oh wow, that's a fantastic idea. Not sure why i didn't think of that before. I'm gonna have to build that
If you get any good results, lemme see it! It was a much bigger project that I anticipated. But most likely possible. I might mess around with it more later next week and post results. Damn finals keep getting in the way.

Well, i did some brainstorming. Is It possible that instead of Sorting by relevancy, you could sort by block type? Like what things will pass through this filter, etc etc. That could get confusing though.