millstone and hopper

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Beerkeg

millstone and hopper

Post by Beerkeg »

i was wondering .. is it actually possible to fill a millstone with an hopper? also can that same millstone be powered tru the top?
how do you guys do it?
Stormweaver

Re: millstone and hopper

Post by Stormweaver »

Both from the top? with a piston and block dispencer I'd imagine.

Easier to power it from below though.
Looks neater too.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Usually everyone just powers the millstone from the bottom, so the hopper doesn't get in the way, is this what you meant?
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

gftweek wrote:Usually everyone just powers the millstone from the bottom, so the hopper doesn't get in the way, is this what you meant?
yeah.. well its kinda sucks.. since my millstone is one story below my hemp farm.. wich is on the roof along with the windmill.. oh well i guess ill have to route the axles in some ugly way..
.. lol
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

It is possible, let me show you a screenshot of an underground area of my automated hemp farm.

As you can see the hopper is getting power from the side as normal, and the millstone is being powered from bellow. In this set up the hopper sends hemp into the stone and the stone mills it, tosses it out the sides into water flows that send it into another hopper that drops it off in a chest.

:)
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Beerkeg

Post by Beerkeg »

yeah that is what im gonne have to do.. it will just mess up all my first floor of my house :)
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Well, give some water flow a try to see if you can keep everything where it is and just have things flow and drop where you need it?
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Yep this is how I do it for my automated hemp farm, which is then ground up, and transfered to another hopper.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

you do know that you dont have to go the entire 8 blocks to end the water slide and put in the hopper right?
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Deepsniper wrote:you do know that you dont have to go the entire 8 blocks to end the water slide and put in the hopper right?
Yep, as you can see in the upper portion (where the hemp farm is) they sort seeds out of the milling stream. I just liked the location of the hopper out there.

I just haven't finished decorating and spiffing up the building yet.