Question on eggs

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Question on eggs

Post by Sarudak »

I remember Flower mentioning that he had future plans for eggs. Does anyone have any idea if that's going to be in their cooked or their raw form? I ask because I'm accumulating quite a large stockpile and I'm wondering if I should cook them or not before putting them into storage.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Question on eggs

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, you can always cook them later, but I doubt you'll ever be able to uncook them ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Too true. And my plan was to continue to store them uncooked if there was no definite answer. I was just wondering if a stewing pot should be included in my auto chicken farm.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It's been awhile...

;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Raw it is! lol
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

It's funny though... I'm not aware of any historical non-food usages of eggs. Discounting cosmetic usages which I can't see making it into the mod. Which leads me to believe that perhaps we'll be using them to feed some kind of creature in the future that only eats eggs...
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

It would certainly be interesting if one of our domestic creatures when taken to the nether or the end were to mutate in some non-fatal way into another creature that would then be the source of some other new resource. Also the creature could perhaps require some kind of exotic food/living conditions. Or perhaps the creatures would be aggressive and violent forcing new challenges to contain/move the creatures to the desired location and would practically force automation for feeding/harvesting. Perhaps the creatures could even break through certain blocks requiring stronger/more creative containment methods....
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Sarudak wrote:It's funny though... I'm not aware of any historical non-food usages of eggs. Discounting cosmetic usages which I can't see making it into the mod. Which leads me to believe that perhaps we'll be using them to feed some kind of creature in the future that only eats eggs...
Eggs historically were used in mortar and in paint (egg tempera).
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Eggs also have a fairly high sulfur content.

In BTW, allowing that would shorten the tech tree and remove the need for players to obtain Endstone, which means it's not going to happen.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Benanov wrote:Eggs also have a fairly high sulfur content.

In BTW, allowing that would shorten the tech tree and remove the need for players to obtain Endstone, which means it's not going to happen.
You'd need chemistry techniques more advanced than steve has currently to obtain pure sulfur from eggs, so I'm guessing that If we get that capability in the future, it'll be more likely that it's higher up in the tech tree than firing endstone in a kiln.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I don't see any reason why he would add the ability to extract sulfur from eggs. We already have a source of sulfur that is both interesting and fully renewable. Why make that option less appealing?
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Maybe once the Device(TM) is built, maybe endermen do something else and don't renew endstone? No idea really, I was just speculating about eggs since other people were. Maybe it'll be a useful by-product of a reaction meant to produce something else or something. Just rampant speculation, not really a discussion or suggestion about eggs and the sulfur in them :)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
chai

Post by chai »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, you can always cook them later, but I doubt you'll ever be able to uncook them ;)
So in other words, if Steve *will* be getting the ability to reduce entropy in a closed system at the furthest end of the tech tree, FC is keeping his mouth shut about it.

...Poor T-Rex.
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

I'm sure at some point we will be able to do more cooking with raw eggs.

Who knows maybe we be able to throw them and get egg on each other.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

Sarudak wrote:I don't see any reason why he would add the ability to extract sulfur from eggs. We already have a source of sulfur that is both interesting and fully renewable. Why make that option less appealing?
Which is why I said eggs->sulfur *wouldn't* happen - it shortens the tech tree. This is a Bad Thing.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
Six

Post by Six »

Maybe FC has plans to turn the mod into an in depth cooking simulator, so the raw eggs will come in for making omelettes, souffles and all sorts of baking.

Cooking With Wolf anyone?
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Six wrote:Maybe FC has plans to turn the mod into an in depth cooking simulator
Errrr...ok, I think it may be time for another tasteless feature to remind you guys of exactly who I am :)
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

FlowerChild wrote:
Six wrote:Maybe FC has plans to turn the mod into an in depth cooking simulator
Errrr...ok, I think it may be time for another tasteless feature to remind you guys of exactly who I am :)
This totally started running through my head...
Spoiler
Show
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Hehehe "Tasteless" :)
I'm curious to see what that will be...
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BlackCat wrote:Hehehe "Tasteless" :)
I'm curious to see what that will be...
Necro dude. Necro.