New Release! (BTW V4.33)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Pucc

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.33)

Post by Pucc »

FlowerChild wrote:-Removed XP dropped from all sources other than mobs.
No more cringing when you smelt cobble or breed cows :D
FlowerChild wrote:-Changed Glue and slime balls so that they are entirely separate materials with their own uses.
I was beginning to enjoy the amounting deaths to slimes on the anarchy server this may dampen the amount a bit :( - on the other hand slime was getting ridiculous and I'm glad you fixed this.

Thanks again!
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

Stormweaver wrote:... Great new release though :) Definitely in support of the slimeball change...
Yeah, I upgraded to 1.4 and stepped outside, and was promptly greeted by a stack of slimeballs.

Yep. That's going away soon. Well played with the change FC.
Panda wrote:very nice release man, lets home majang doesn't give exp for walking! Or better yet let you enchant animals to give them the ability to explode when supplied redstone current.
No no silly panda.... explosions are FC's territory.
Slimeballs + Dynamite == sticky fun...
But hey 10th release + FC + explosions... probably shouldn't say anything even close to resembling a suggestion...

/runs away
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Now I don't feel nearly as bad for making my slime farm for protection scrolls ^.^
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Have been away from here for some time but I followed each release and I loved each of them. Thank you for your dedication!
ma-ta

Post by ma-ta »

Thanks, FC !
shifty

Post by shifty »

Thanks FC! The slimes changes are very welcome, I must have picked up a stack of slimeballs just walking through a swamp biome.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Lots of good stuff as usual.
And, as usual, thanks a lot for the release !

Believe it or not, the best thing in this IMO is you refactoring the code. Because less pain for you = much more fun for us. Thanks again Flower !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
jayez329

Post by jayez329 »

logorouge wrote:FlowerChild wrote:
-Removed XP dropped from all sources other than mobs.
I was fearing the addition of XP given for the in-game achievement, like "Taking Inventory"-DANG you're level 2. It was really bugging me, thank you for totally removing this.

All the other changes are really cool, nice job man!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jayez329 wrote: I was fearing the addition of XP given for the in-game achievement, like "Taking Inventory"-DANG you're level 2. It was really bugging me, thank you for totally removing this.

Wait...is that a current vanilla feature, or an upcoming one? If it's current, then I haven't removed it (but of course will).
Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

FlowerChild wrote:
jayez329 wrote: I was fearing the addition of XP given for the in-game achievement, like "Taking Inventory"-DANG you're level 2. It was really bugging me, thank you for totally removing this.

Wait...is that a current vanilla feature, or an upcoming one? If it's current, then I haven't removed it (but of course will).
It seems more like a joke about how the current design choices are going with experience, since as far as I know it isn't a current feature or even planned.
brab

Post by brab »

FlowerChild wrote:-Changed Glue and slime balls so that they are entirely separate materials with their own uses. Slime is a tacky material that is used for creating things like sticky-pistons, while Glue is a permanent adhesive. Several mod recipes have been changed to reflect this, but the end result is that they can no longer be used interchangeably in recipes, and all mod recipes involve Glue, not slime. This was done because slimes are much more readily available in vanilla now.
I really like this change. Mojang decided that slimes would be more common, and you rolled with it. Sticky pistons are now lower on the tech tree (than with 1.3) yet the cool BTW stuff is not affected.

Thanks a lot!
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

-Removed XP dropped from all sources other than mobs.
Nice one :) Making stuff harder. I kinda didnt liked those xp from ores n stuff. I dont even know why. Just didnt.
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Thanks FC. Your tireless work on this mod has given me something to enjoy, and look forward to, through good times and bad; especially the bad. I'll never be able to fully articulate just how much your work has impacted my life. Hopefully, within the next few months (maybe less), I'll be able to reciprocate you appropriately. So thank you Flowerchild. Thank you so much. Your inexhaustible dedication to your mod is truly something to be admired.

Stay Awesome.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
Damonjay

Post by Damonjay »

Once again i'm Impressed man :)

every person who I meet that plays minecraft i tell them to go home and download this mod.

Your dedication is astounding!

Thanks for the releases.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

FlowerChild wrote: -Removed XP dropped from all sources other than mobs.
I think there is a bit of an irony considering that Mojang does not seem to get experience making this game, because they don´t play it.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
jayez329

Post by jayez329 »

Padfoote wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:

It seems more like a joke about how the current design choices are going with experience, since as far as I know it isn't a current feature or even planned.
It actually was a joke, what was bugging me was the general addition of XP for everything (and in particular the sound of XP)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jayez329 wrote:It actually was a joke, what was bugging me was the general addition of XP for everything (and in particular the sound of XP)
Oh good. I'm finding it hard to tell these days :)
Zottel

Post by Zottel »

Thanks for the XP-nerf
Sorry for my bad english....i am not a native speaker :(
okmatt

Post by okmatt »

Hello there, I mostly just browse the forums but wanted to say thank you for the update and all the previous updates.