[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Mason11987

Re: BTW Official Anarchy Server [Whitelist][Death and Mayhem

Post by Mason11987 »

Battosay wrote:
Mason11987 wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:They do seem a tad rare above-ground, although I did run into some when I was wandering around at night, and I definitely ran into plenty underground.
There is an ENORMOUS cave system below a huge area under spawn. After having traversed a lot of it I'm sure most of the hostile mobs are down here somewhere.
Then bring your torches, and light up those bitches !
Let the surface be a very dangerous place ! ^^
Found a small base connected to a massive cave system. I was down there for a while, only brought a few wood with me though as it just looked like a tiny base.. I'd like it being dangerous though for a while so that I can harvest all the iron/gold down here first. This is one of the biggest systems I've seen in a while.
Last edited by Mason11987 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

That may have been my original temp base, I intended to spend last night there gathering resources, and then pick it up and move it after I had some diamonds and stuff. However, when a creeper cam and insta-gibbed me, I kinda gave up on finding it again.
Was it in a snow biome? and also, was there iron in a furnace? If so, it's probs mine.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Detritus wrote:That may have been my original temp base, I intended to spend last night there gathering resources, and then pick it up and move it after I had some diamonds and stuff. However, when a creeper cam and insta-gibbed me, I kinda gave up on finding it again.
Was it in a snow biome? and also, was there iron in a furnace? If so, it's probs mine.
There was a furnance and a workbench soon after you entered, after following a few cave systems I came up behind that furnace where a torch was, I assume anyone who made that would recognize having done that, I thought it was creative.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Mason11987 wrote:
Detritus wrote:That may have been my original temp base, I intended to spend last night there gathering resources, and then pick it up and move it after I had some diamonds and stuff. However, when a creeper cam and insta-gibbed me, I kinda gave up on finding it again.
There was a furnance and a workbench soon after you entered, after following a few cave systems I came up behind that furnace where a torch was, I assume anyone who made that would recognize having done that, I thought it was creative.
Umm, I'm not sure I understand you...
I think that may have been me though, was there a staircase that looked quite artificial, starting off two blocks wide? (I don't recall if it got smaller, i think i gave up making it large.)
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Detritus wrote:Was it in a snow biome? and also, was there iron in a furnace? If so, it's probs mine.
Yeah I kind of took that iron :)
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Hey, I know I'm a somewhat newer member here in comparison to the giants I post among, but could I get a whitelist here?

IGN: Splee999
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Uuuu. Congrats with official server opening :) That some really great stuff that you guys came up with ^_^
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Hey, new Anarchy Server. Count me in if you'll still have me!

IGN: finite8
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
asjova

Post by asjova »

I had been wishing for some time that something like this would come along and just my luck, I never got around to becoming an active member of the community before it happened.
Oh well, maybe one day. In the mean time I trust that the rest of us can receive some exciting highlights!

I also hope that running this official server is as rewarding an experience as the mod itself is.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

I don't post all too much, mostly a lurker, and I understand that need for trust on the server. However I do miss BTW anarchy very much, so if it is possible for me to join, I would love to. If not I understand =D

IGN: Gdteatime
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Added finite8, Gdnite and Splee.
Finite, no question asked ;)
Gdnite, I remember seeing you here and there over the months, without any issues :)
And Splee you were on Jade's server and doing well, so welcome you all, and good hunting ;)
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Battosay wrote:Added finite8, Gdnite and Splee.
Finite, no question asked ;)
Thanks mate!
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Any chance I can be a part of this server as well? I cannot promise a lot of playtime, but I would love to be a part of this.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Added a few scheduled events :
Server will restart and backup twice every day, at 7 am and pm (FR timezone, GTM+1) so that's 1 am and pm Central in the US (minus 7 hours).
The server will attempt to restart every two hours if nobody is logged in.
Also, the server will restart if RAM usage gets over 95%.
walker_boh_65 wrote:Any chance I can be a part of this server as well? I cannot promise a lot of playtime, but I would love to be a part of this.
Sure, but I need your IGN :)
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Wow, I wasn't really sure if I'd get that whitelist. Thanks so much for letting me in! I'll make sure to burn down some bases for you guys.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

Thank you very much =D
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Battosay wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:Any chance I can be a part of this server as well? I cannot promise a lot of playtime, but I would love to be a part of this.
Sure, but I need your IGN :)
And it same as here: walker_boh_65
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Updated the OP's list with people I added to the list without telling so here, nor being vetoed out since ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Updated the OP's list with people I added to the list without telling so here, nor being vetoed out since ;)
Gah. That's almost like double-dog-daring me to veto man! Don't make me start taking votes on who gets thrown into the volcano again :)
simanick

Post by simanick »

This sounds amazing, i dont have the time to play or likely the vote, but please leave some amazing storys as they will always make me happy. :)
MrGrau

Post by MrGrau »

I'd love to be considered for whitelisting.
IGN: MrGrau
riels418

Post by riels418 »

Hey all,
I know I'm fairly new here, but I'd like to join the server, my IGN's riels418. I actively participated in life's server for a while before schooling overcame my ability to play on the server. Now, though, I can relax a little more. If either Batto or FC feel uncomfortable with adding me, then you two don't have to. But I'd love to join in on the fun :)

Thanks,
riels
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Is there a minimum activity level you're looking for from whitelist members? I find the concept fascinating but I don't generally play as often as I'd like these days.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Is there a minimum activity level you're looking for from whitelist members? I find the concept fascinating but I don't generally play as often as I'd like these days.
No, not at all. I'm not of a mind that anarchy requires X amount of players online at any given time to be valid, and I've got not issue at all with people that can only play periodically.
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

FlowerChild wrote:No, not at all. I'm not of a mind that anarchy requires X amount of players online at any given time to be valid, and I've got not issue at all with people that can only play periodically.
Well then, I'd like to throw my head in, err, or is it hat?

IGN : JeetTol