[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

Post by FlowerChild »

I am proud to announce the relaunch of the Official Better Than Wolves Server as a Cooperative one! :)

While the server is no longer anarchy, there are still strict rules in place to ensure a legitimate play experience.

Battosay and I will be acting as admins for this one.

The server rules are as follows:

-Don't bug me and Battosay with questions about how to play the mod or Minecraft. We're there to have a good time *as players*, not to serve as an online tutorial.

-No griefing, stealing of resources, killing or otherwise harassing players without their consent. If two people want to blow each other up, that's all good, but it must be consensual.

-Do not build in the immediate vicinity of other players without their explicit consent. A full BTW base requires a *lot* of space so plopping down a building next to someone else's, potentially interfering with their expansion and/or aesthetics without their permission, is extremely bad mojo. It is highly recommended that people put signs on their structures indicating who owns them so others know who to ask if they want to build in that area.

-If you have problems handling creepers, then be polite and stay away from other people's bases. Kiting creepers around someone else's stuff and leaving large unsightly holes in the surrounding terrain is exceedingly bad form.

-NO CHEATING. If you need specifics on what that means, here's a brief list:

-No XRay hacks or texture packs. If a mod or texture pack gives you an in-game advantage, you aren't allowed to use it.

-No Mods other than BTW installed. Specifically, no mini-maps are allowed, but obviously anything that allows you to cheat in other ways is a no-go. When in doubt: ask first.

Break the rules, and you will of course be banned, with just as much immediacy and righteous fury as you've come to expect on these forums ;)

The server uses a *strict* white-list. As such, we'll only be adding players that *both* Battosay and I agree that we know and trust.

If you wish to apply to the whitelist, you can of course do so, but please ask yourself first if you think that Batto and I *do* know and trust you enough for something like that. Seriously...if I start getting flooded with whitelist requests from new forum members, I will ban them from the forums with the aforementioned righteous fury.

Server IP:
Spoiler
Show
82.96.119.118:25665
Mumble :
Spoiler
Show
voice1.fragnet.net:64977
Mumble password : Ask in-game :)
Server will restart and backup twice every day, at 7 am and pm (FR timezone, GTM+1) so that's 1 am and pm Central in the US (minus 7 hours).
The server will attempt to restart every two hours if nobody is logged in.
Also, the server will restart if RAM usage gets over 95%.

Let the age of fuzzy bunnies and reach arounds commence! :)

Edit : Quick map with some locations :
Spoiler
Show
A - Spawn
B - FC's base (road going all the way from spawn to here)
C - SterlingRed's base (road going all the way up to the desert north of here, soon to connect west to FC's)
D - daveyanakov's base
E - splee999's formerly secret bunker
F - Approximate location of CycloneSP's desert tower
G - First creeper hole corpse I found, possibly sky_demon? (I put your stuff in a chest there for you) Sky: nope not mine.
H - Second creeper hole corpse I found and former starting out location of someone (I forget who?)
I - Looted village #1
J -Looted village #2
K - Ross's, and Tom's base
L - istp4lmrs's base
M - sky_demon's base (mayan temple, and maybe mayan city)

Mason11987

Re: BTW Official Anarchy Server [Whitelist][Death and Mayhem

Post by Mason11987 »

Oh wow, thanks for putting me on the list!

Can't wait, I've been excited about this since battos post. Thanks again for adding me :).
bazilshep

Post by bazilshep »

I fear I don't meet the cut for the whitelist, but I would greatly appreciate being added. I've been missing anarchy since jadedcat's server went offline.
Minecraft4455

Post by Minecraft4455 »

Ill proboly get banned from forums but you can get to know me and trust me yeah ^_^ ive been in the forums for quite a while so if you don't trust me its okay if you ban me than ill be okay with it but may i please join this awsome server <3 thanks GoodNight
IGN:Minecraft4455
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys...seriously...I don't think I've indicated any inclination towards restraint where the banhammer is concerned. Don't be a rule #1 because it makes me rule #3.
Minecraft4455

Post by Minecraft4455 »

okay sorry my idiot mistake :(
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Hey, neat I'm on the whitelist already :D

I think its time for me to really put some effort into anarchy, I didn't play too much on Jaded's server due to being scared shitless of other players. But, I have been thinking and formulating plans for my anarchy life, now for a practical application of those plans >:D

I am eager to try out anarchy again, however, I probably wont be on the server for a few more days due to Halo 4 coming out tomorrow. ;)

A quick question about other installed mods, is Inventory Tweaks allowed? I only use it for chest and inventory sorting in my single player world, but its not a big hassle to install/uninstall if its not allowed on the server.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok guys, the server is setup and ready to go with 1.4.2 installed.

We'll be kicking this off in 1 hour and ten minutes from the time of this post. I'll open up the server and post the IP ten minutes ahead of time.

When you log on, do not move away from the spawn, harvest resources, or attack other players until the count-down and go.

We'll get this off to a proper "Hunger Games" start ;)

@Syruse: I don't think inventory tweaks is an issue. Feel free.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Greetings! I quite enjoyed the extra tension anarchy creates and the couple weeks I got to spend on Jaded's server was very entertaining. Hope I meet the necessary qualifications to join the official server!

In game name: Elodia7
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

I haven't been very active lately, but if you want to add me I'd like to get whitelisted, same IGN as username.

If not, that's fine too, because, as I said, I've been gone a long time and didn't really post all that much in the first place.
IGN: Camerinthus
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Alright, sweet, thanks FC.

I do hope there are some trees near our spawn >:D
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Oh wow, I can't wait, this is going to be great :)
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Users added to whitelist and OP updated.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm currently on the server building a little ring of dirt blocks to act as podiums. When you log on, please look around and take your place atop one ;)
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

I think a little bit of wee slipped out, thank you very much indeed for the whitelist.

With the new features you've added this will be exciting indeed. Definitely intrigued by the end and how control over it will effect the game play. Can't wait to make my first battle axe, I'll be sure to wear something non-restrictive to get the maximum swing out of it.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Is it possible for me to be whitelisted? I would like to think that I am trustworthy enough for the dubious honour of being slain over and over again.
EDIT: forgot my IGN, sgt_detritus is the one :D
Last edited by Detritus on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Thanks FC, this will be fun! See you online in an hour. :-)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I'd like to apply to the whitelist, though I totally understand if you'd rather I didn't play on this server. I promise, I won't be a dick about where I build my towers though ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Whitelist updated in OP.
BinoAl wrote:I'd like to apply to the whitelist, though I totally understand if you'd rather I didn't play on this server. I promise, I won't be a dick about where I build my towers though ;)
That's not an issue in anarchy ;)
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

Well I have been forums for couple of months so I figure I might as well give applying a shot. I was also on jadeds server so I am looking for a new server. Anyway it would be awesome to play with the best online community I know. Cheers! IGN:obl1terat1ion
EDIT: due to time zones i will more than likely not be able to attend the start of the server. sorry guys long day tomorrow :(
Last edited by obl1terat1ion on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I would love to be whitelisted for this.

IGN: istp4lmrs
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

I'd love to be whitelisted for this, but i on't think ill be able to play till tomorrow.

I've been an active participant on the BTW thread since just before the yagaboo invasion, and moved over to the official forums a say or two after they were set up (i think). I don't know if i've said or done anything to warrant picking me out of a crowd, but i haven't used anything other than pure BTW since then.

IGN: muggsbud
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok guys, we are ready to go!

REMEMBER: When you first log in (at least over the next ten minutes):

-DO NOT pick anything up.

-DO NOT attack other players.

-DO NOT explore.

Just look around the spawn for the podiums I've built (they should be obvious), pick one to stand on, and wait for the signal to go :)

I'll be using server-op commands to keep it daytime until we're ready to go, so no need to worry about being attack by mobs or what have you.

And here it is: 82.96.119.118:25665
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Hate to cause bother, just checking you got my IGN correct.

IGN: _Pucc_
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Pucc wrote:Hate to cause bother, just checking you got my IGN correct.

IGN: _Pucc_
Just fixed it. Try again.