New Release! (BTW V4.31)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
EpicAaron

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.31)

Post by EpicAaron »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added ability for skeletons, zombies, and creepers to drop heads of the corresponding type upon death.
That is one of the major disapointments I had with 1.4.2 vanilla. I loved building with skulls, but I could not get them without spawning. Thanks!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

Well this was a pleasant surprise. Thank you FC for a great ending to an otherwise dull weekend. Time to finally update my MC client.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Woot! Thanks so much for working so diligently on these updates, I know that tedious code can be tedious.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Detaction

Post by Detaction »

I like that mob heads have a higher chance to drop with a battleaxe. Decapitation Medeival style go!
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Thank you FlowerChild.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

Thanks a bunch mate, especially for:
-Added in internal mechanism for several mod blocks to help prevent them "jamming" if an update is missed for whatever reason. This affects Stoked Fire, Buddy Block, the Hibachi, Bellows, Block Dispenser, Detector Block, Gear Box, Hand Crank, Light Block, Mill Stone, Pulley, the Saw, and Screw Pump
:D
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Be it bug fixes, new content, or a version update: It's always good to have a new release and each is enjoyable for it's own reasons. :) Thanks FC.

Also have to say: The new millstone sound is wonderful ,especially in combination with netherrack grinding. That low background roar fits really well with the screaming.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Thanks for the update. I see what your saying about the "woofing" sound as something ignites. Will miss that sound as it fit in so well.
Minecraft4455

Post by Minecraft4455 »

Thanks flowerchild for updating the best mod that dosen't use forge ^__^ i hate forge now its hard to mod and stuff anyways take your time for the next update goodnight <3
BottleCap805

Post by BottleCap805 »

Hey, I was considering automating slimeball production by building a sizeable trap in a nearby swamp, but I was wondering if you plan to stop slimes from spawning in swamps in the future. It would certainly be understandable if you feel that it messes up the balance, so I just figured I'd ask.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

BottleCap805 wrote:Hey, I was considering automating slimeball production by building a sizeable trap in a nearby swamp, but I was wondering if you plan to stop slimes from spawning in swamps in the future. It would certainly be understandable if you feel that it messes up the balance, so I just figured I'd ask.
Oh boy...
Not in the release thread.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Thanks FC! This is the first release in a while that came out while I was sober!
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Glace1221

Post by Glace1221 »

FlowerChild, I hope you don't mind me pointing out an issue. I'm concerned about Optifine. Some people, including me, can't really play minecraft without serious lag unless they use Optifine. Serious incompatibility issues were already appearing in 1.3, now the two mods are completely incompatible. If I had a better computer, I wouldn't care too much, but I use Optifine to have more graphic options, as well as to boost the game's FPS rate, improve the looks of the game and to be able to use HD textures, though I can do without HD textures. I honestly, really can.

Do you have any plans, thoughts or opinions about this? Is it more of an issue for/caused by the makers of Optifine? Surely you're not gonna let it stop your progress in developing your mod, but it just sort of feels like a big elephant in the room.

Also, and this is just something I'm asking anyone about, if I was to choose BTW over Optifine (which may not be possible), is there any alternative to boosting FPS rate, changing full screen resolution and the likes? I don't really care for MCPatcher.

Despite all that, I'm still interested in the mod and this update sounds really cool and daring. P.S. I hope I'm not coming off as a prick nor a butt-kisser.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Glace1221 wrote: Do you have any plans, thoughts or opinions about this?
Yeah, I plan on temp banning you for posting this in the release thread instead of in tech support, where it belongs.
earthling

Post by earthling »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 4.31 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!
-Changed the sounds on several mod blocks to make use of the new ones in vanilla.
Having updated to MC 1.4.2 and BTW4.31 everything seems good in my fairly well-developed BTW world.

That new minecart sound though... to my ear it's more reminiscent of a locomotive rather than a creaky minecart. Traveling long distances via minecart it sounds good at first but ramps up to a ear numbing roar after a couple hundred meters. There's a certain sharpness and immediacy to various sounds in MC which works well with some, but this particular sound seems to produce a large amount of harsh white noise underlying it's depths. This is something a sound designer who cherishes the aural sense seeks to avoid for background sounds. Also, it's very loud!

I'm going to miss the Bang! Bang! sound. Too bad it's been removed.
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

FC, I know you've been working your ass off on this one and just wanted to say, another damned fine release, Sir!

My biggest shock was going into my mill room (which incidentally has four mill stones that run concurrently) and hitting the on switch. It blew my hair back, what little I have left anyway. It sounds great, and as for the rest, I look forward to playing with the other new changes as well. Though, I really, really look forward to chopping me some mob heads.

Mostly I just wanted to say thank you for loving what your doing for your community (and being amicable to working for beer.)

Cheers dude!
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
Tompa974

Post by Tompa974 »

Thank you Flowerchild. I've been looking forward for this release for quite some time now. Love your work!
TheShadow

Post by TheShadow »

Thank you FlowerChild!
DemonButter

Post by DemonButter »

Real good to see that ML was updated.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

So yeah, I'm going to have to start installing millstones as ambient sound generators... Setting up a few of them makes a perfect heavy machinery room now.
Better is the enemy of Good
shifty

Post by shifty »

Thanks FC! I'm looking forward to some more anarchy very soon :)
tedium

Post by tedium »

Thank you sooo much FC. I am consistently amazed by your ability to put out new content. I've studied design a little bit, both in the project design and the product design (not professionally, just first year university stuff)... but i can't for the life of me understand how you are able to never take a step backwards. Having watched BTW develop since 2.something (and taken a basic interest for a little while before that) I just want to say that I hope you get rich one day soon, so you can stop working, mod BTW for fun, and do real world engineering. It's brains like yours with such an amazing ability to design and manage that we need to help save this world.

Also, thanks to you, i can now stake the heads of my enemies on my castle walls =D
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

Awesome update, can understand how annoying it can be with vMC updating, especially when it seems they are trying to break the balance instead of adding to it.
Yet again I tip my hat to you for your professional attitude, your awesome quality control and an extra big thank you for being so punishing against bugs (because it's always an under-appreciated part of programming).
Thank you!!!!

Now to start some project :D

Edit: I need a new castle thanks to Tedium's post >:D
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Wow all this looks fantastic! I am especially excited that my beloved cauldrons are back! Unfortunately its an extremely busy week for me so more than likely I won't be able to play this for at least a week. But I am very much looking forward to it!
TSA

Post by TSA »

WOW

*sees 4.31* and said to my self -> what? FC added a new version before porting to 1.4? Cool

*sees that its was indeed ported*

Man! you need to sleep more often i was expecting this for the next weekend =)

anyway good job! Love all the vanilla fixes and the rebalance overall.

Now i am going to upgrade everything.
LunaticToad