Custom sounds and Better Than Wolves

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
sic8

Custom sounds and Better Than Wolves

Post by sic8 »

Hi all,

I've spent a few days on this and trawled forums both here and the official Minecraft ones to no avail.

With the move from being Forge/ModLoader compatible to being a total conversion BTW is no longer compatible with most other Minecraft mods. Which doesn't bother me except for the ability to replace sounds. Most specifically I miss Audiotori and maybe MAtmos.

With Audiotori it was possible to replace vanilla sounds and music to freshen up MC. Now of course it doesn't work and I've been trying to find an alternative. I've tried replacing the files in the Minecraft folder, just to have them overwritten by the launcher. I've tried replacing the files and tagging them read only, just to have Minecraft ignore them. I believe it does either a filesize check or hash check on the audio files and if they don't match it's no go.

Now I've played around this a lot but I've had little luck. Has anybody found a way to make this work? I'd be forever in your debt.
ExpHP

Re: Custom sounds and Better Than Wolves

Post by ExpHP »

sic8 wrote:I've tried replacing the files and tagging them read only, just to have Minecraft ignore them. I believe it does either a filesize check or hash check on the audio files and if they don't match it's no go.
Not quite. If you press F3+S in-game, it should load them; it just throws up on the read-only files when it starts.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Moving this to tech support, which is where it really belongs.
sic8

Post by sic8 »

ExpHP wrote:Not quite. If you press F3+S in-game, it should load them; it just throws up on the read-only files when it starts.
Oh wow. Thanks heaps. Problem solved :)

For everyone elses benefit the entire process is this:

Replace whatever sounds you desire in your resources/ folder.
Change replaced sounds (or whole resources/ folder) to read-only.
After loading your world in Minecraft press F3+S to load the read-only sounds.