Save chunk error & crash, also install sequence question.

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
AdventurePanda

Save chunk error & crash, also install sequence question.

Post by AdventurePanda »

#1. Save chunk error & crash

I've tried my best to find the solution to my problem but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I have a very similar problem to the following link, where the author was experiencing "Saving Chunks crash": viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1943

I installed Modloader and BTW in a fresh version of Minecraft 1.2.5, in that order. I can get as far as loading a world, but as soon as it loads it immediately reverts to the "Saving Chunks" screen and the game crashes.

I have checked to see if there is a crash report (in the mod loader.txt, as walker_boh_65 suggests in the post) but there is no report. On the Minecraft client itself, the error screen appears for the briefest of moments and disappears immediately.

Unlike the author of the linked post, I do not have any other mods installed so unless it's from a conflict between Modloader and BTW, I don't know where the problem would be stemming from.

I have never used BTW before, and I am eager to try it out! Please help me :)

#2. Install sequence?

Assuming that I get BTW to work, I would like to use it with Optifine. I read in other forums that if I were to use Modloader and Optifine together, I should install Modloader first then Optifine.

However, I've not found any information on where BTW should fit into the installation sequence. I assume that it would be last, but since I have not been able to get it to work I've not been able to try it.

Originally I wanted to use Too Many Items as well, but after spending 4 hours trying out different installation sequences trying to figure out how to get things to work, I am brain dead and just want BTW to wooooork.....

Any help is much appreciated!
Elevatator

Re: Save chunk error & crash, also install sequence question

Post by Elevatator »

I just saw that 3.59 is avaiable. I don´t know what is wrong.

I installed it in that Order:
ModLoader
Better than wolves
Optifine

Hope it helped.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
AdventurePanda

Re: Save chunk error & crash, also install sequence question

Post by AdventurePanda »

Boy, do I feel foolish! It was the nuubiest of nuub mistakes... a simple mix up involving using the wrong version mods!!

Thanks, Elevatator. If you hadn't posted I wouldn't have known to use the latest 3.59 update.

Problem solved, case closed!

FYI, I threw in TMI in the mod list, so my install sequence went like this:
ModLoader
Better Than Wolves
Optifine
Too Many Items

Working perfectly.