Saving Chunks crash

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
nimh1898

Saving Chunks crash

Post by nimh1898 »

I can understand that now Better than wolves (Awesome mod!) is starting to introduce serious incompatibilities, but everything seemed to work fine along side mo creatures and tropicraft. However, right when i hit a block to mine it, the game goes to "Saving Chunks" then crashes. Sadly, i had to remove the mod and i want to know if there's a way to fix this for the time being.
walker_boh_65

Re: Saving Chunks crash

Post by walker_boh_65 »

can you post a crash report of what happened so we can see exactly where the error was?
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

walker_boh_65 wrote:can you post a crash report of what happened so we can see exactly where the error was?
It didn't show an error. After the Saving Chunks screen, it just went black.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

if you go into your .minecraft folder and open up the modloader.txt, you will find the crash report.
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

walker_boh_65 wrote:if you go into your .minecraft folder and open up the modloader.txt, you will find the crash report.
I checked and found no error report.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Well then it is most likely a class file issue, can you give the order you installed the mods (including and prerequisites)?
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Well then it is most likely a class file issue, can you give the order you installed the mods (including and prerequisites)?
1. Modloader
2. Modloader MP
3. BTW
4. Audiomod
5. GUI API
6. Custommobspawner
7. ID Resolver MC Forge Edition
8. Wireless Redstone
9. Mo' Creatures
10. Tropicraft
11. too many items
12. Single player commands
13. REI minimap
14. Recipe Book
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

It seems that BTW is either conflicting with mo'creature or tropiccraft, so can you try 3 things.
1.)Install BTW last
2.)don't install BTW and see if it works
3.)install mo'creature and BTW, and see what happens
4.)install tropiccraft and BTW, and see what happens.

(I highly doubt you will be able to get these mods to work together due to the incompatibility that BTW has.)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

as a general rule, install the mods you want to full functionality of last - in this case, BTW. I must admit, I like the look of tropicraft's terrain generation, but some of the features (parasols? in minecraft? silly.) kinda put me off it.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

walker_boh_65 wrote:It seems that BTW is either conflicting with mo'creature or tropiccraft, so can you try 3 things.
1.)Install BTW last
2.)don't install BTW and see if it works
3.)install mo'creature and BTW, and see what happens
4.)install tropiccraft and BTW, and see what happens.

(I highly doubt you will be able to get these mods to work together due to the incompatibility that BTW has.)
Yeah, if I install BTW last, then i just get a black screen and nothing happens. No errors come up, just a black screen, and this is because of forge.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I see "ID Resolver Forge Edition" in that list. Try the non Forge version, if there is one. If not, then you'll have to remove it and configure IDs manually.
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

sargunster wrote:I see "ID Resolver Forge Edition" in that list. Try the non Forge version, if there is one. If not, then you'll have to remove it and configure IDs manually.
There is a non-forge edition, but I am not willing to force update minecraft again. Besides, FC said that any compatible mods are coincidental, and will be removed in future versions. So i am not going to waste my time re-compiling my .jar.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

nimh1898 wrote: There is a non-forge edition, but I am not willing to force update minecraft again. Besides, FC said that any compatible mods are coincidental, and will be removed in future versions. So i am not going to waste my time re-compiling my .jar.
Then why are you asking for help?
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

FlowerChild wrote:
nimh1898 wrote: There is a non-forge edition, but I am not willing to force update minecraft again. Besides, FC said that any compatible mods are coincidental, and will be removed in future versions. So i am not going to waste my time re-compiling my .jar.
Then why are you asking for help?
By not willing, I meant not now. Anyway, why are you moving away from forge? The only problem i had with it was that i had to install it first, and to do that, i had to force update.
Urian

Post by Urian »

nimh1898 wrote: Anyway, why are you moving away from forge? The only problem i had with it was that i had to install it first, and to do that, i had to force update.
http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1792
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

Urian wrote:
nimh1898 wrote: Anyway, why are you moving away from forge? The only problem i had with it was that i had to install it first, and to do that, i had to force update.
Ok thx. forge kinda made me mad too.
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

nimh1898 wrote:
Urian wrote:
Ok thx. forge kinda made me mad too.
When forge is completely dropped, will it still work with some other non-forge mods like planes?
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

Flowerchild, when do you expect forge will be totally gone from the mod? And is it possible to make BTW still forge compatible while still not requiring it to be installed?
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

nimh1898 wrote:And is it possible to make BTW still forge compatible while still not requiring it to be installed?
No
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

Gilberreke wrote:
nimh1898 wrote:And is it possible to make BTW still forge compatible while still not requiring it to be installed?
No
:/
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

A few things based on your responses:
1. If you dont want to force update, back up a clean, META-INF included jar.
2. ID Resolver MCForge edition WILL NOT WORK because it contains hooks and modifications which require MCForge to be installed.
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

Blueblade11 wrote:A few things based on your responses:
2. ID Resolver MCForge edition WILL NOT WORK because it contains hooks and modifications which require MCForge to be installed.
so the standard will still work even though there are still like 5 forge files in BTW?
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

nimh1898 wrote:
Blueblade11 wrote:A few things based on your responses:
so the standard will still work even though there are still like 5 forge files in BTW?
Yup. FC doesnt use the forge classes for Block.class and Item.class, which are the two base clases IDResolver uses. So no need for that edition.
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
nimh1898

Post by nimh1898 »

Finally got to re-compiling my jar and it was the mc forge edition of id resolver. Now the mod works (i had to sacrifice railcraft though) and im rejoicing and slaying everything with my long sword! :) Topic closed