How to correctly install BTW 3.20/BC 2.2.5/IC2 1.23/RPpre3b

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.

With the New Edition to EE making it less OP, should I also add this to the guide?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 14
walker_boh_65

How to correctly install BTW 3.20/BC 2.2.5/IC2 1.23/RPpre3b

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Note 1: The Poll will be open until 11-22-11. (It looks like I will be adding EE to the mix)
Note 2:With the recent discussion of forge I have decided not to add EE to the mix.
Note 3: If things go the way they are seeming to (FC leaving forge), I hope to get a couple workarounds to get at least a few popular mods working together, although I am not going to make any promises for success.
Note 4: Yeah, BTW does not work with forge...at all..so there are not any workarounds, so that means if you want them all in one world, go back to 1.8.1
Note 5: BTW and EE should work together in 1.0.0 as long as you get the non forge version, someone can confirm via PM/post if they would like.

THESE MODS ARE FOR MINECRAFT 1.8.1 ONLY! THAT MEANS THEY WILL NOT WORK FOR 1.0 UNTIL UPDATED!

Another installation guide at the request of Battosay. This is install will take time. START WITH A CLEAN MINECRAFT JAR AND .MINECRAFT FOLDER!!! See the other installation guide for a how to on this.
BE SURE TO READ AND FOLLOW EACH STEP EXACTLY

To start of you will need to get open all the different mods you need (I highly recommend different tabs for each mod):

Modloader http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/754 ... g-updated/

Flan's Modloader http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/182 ... ils-teams/

MCForge http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/514 ... aft-forge/

GUIAPI http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/612 ... i-toolkit/

ID Resolver http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/366 ... r-updated/

Better Than Wolves viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1774

Buildcraft http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/download/ ... aft-1-8-1/

IC2 http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index ... eadID=2144

RPpre3b http://www.eloraam.com/

Next you will need to download everything on the pages that i circle in red (pay very close attention):
Modloader Beta 1.8.1 (The first set of links):
Spoiler
Show
Flans' Modloader 1.8.1 (first links under the video):
Spoiler
Show
MCForge 1.1.2 (first link on the page):
Spoiler
Show
GUIAPI 0.11.1-1.8.1 (third link):
Spoiler
Show
ID Resolver 1.8.1 Minecraft Forge Edition (scroll to the bottom of the first post):
Spoiler
Show
*If you go to open the file you may get a message stating that it is corrupt or is using an unknown format (winrar), other programs may leave a different message.

Fix:
delete the old file
turn off antivirus protection\
re-download a new file
All should work properly now

For some reason some virus protections don not like the website and it can messing with the download.* (Thanks Rekablade:-)
BTW 3.21 (the only link in the OP):
Spoiler
Show
Buildcraft (all parts) 2.2.5 (the first set):
Spoiler
Show
IC2 1.23 (scroll to right under the change-log spoiler):
Spoiler
Show
RPpre3b (at the top left, then the first set):
Spoiler
Show
You can close out of all tabs (but this one of course) DO NOT CLOSE OUT OF THE DOWNLOADS FOLDER

Find your .minecraft folder and opening the minecraft jar:
Spoiler
Show
search for %appdata%
open the .minecraft folder
open the bin folder
open the minecraft executable jar file with WinRaR/7Zip (or the like)
DELETE META-INF
Spoiler
Show
FOLLOW THE ORDER EXACTLY
Now time to start adding files to your jar file (drag and drop all):
Modloader.zip:
Spoiler
Show
ModLoaderMp 1.8.1.zip:
Spoiler
Show
minecraftforge-client-1.1.2.zip:
Spoiler
Show
GuiAPI-0.11.1-1.8.1.zip:
Spoiler
Show
ID Resolver 1.8.1 Update 0 Minecraft Forge Edition.7z:
Spoiler
Show
Launch Minecraft to get a mods folder
Spoiler
Show
Open the mods folder (located in the .minecraft folder):
Spoiler
Show
Open your downloads folder (the one that opens after a download) and drag and drop industrialcraft-2-client_1.23.jar into the mods folder:
Spoiler
Show
Open any Buildcraft-client-2.2.5 zip files and click the . . . folder (at the top):
Spoiler
Show
Select all versions of Buildcraft 2.2.5 (all 5 be next to each other) and drag and drop them into the mods folder:
Spoiler
Show
Open any RedPower Pre3b and click the . . . folder (at the top):
Spoiler
Show
Select all versions of RedPower Pre3b (all 7 should be next to each other) and drag and drop them into mods folder:
Spoiler
Show
Now open back up you minecraft jar and open your BTWMod3-21.zip and click on the MINECRAFT-JAR folder in the BTWMod3-21.zip:
Spoiler
Show
Drag and drop the contents of that folder into the minecraft jar:
Spoiler
Show
Launch Minecraft again and you should see the ID resolver stuff pop up. THIS IS OKAY
Click on Raise Priority for this Mod (in red) when a BTW conflict appears (as shown), then click on Automatically Assign an ID for all other conflicts (highlighted in yellow):
Spoiler
Show
Enjoy a new Minecraft experience!
Last edited by walker_boh_65 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 18 times in total.
walker_boh_65

Re: How to correctly install BTW 2.95/BC 2.2.0/IC2 1.15

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Wasnt too bad, but it sure took a hell of a long time. Enjoy everyone! :-)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Sticked, with love :)
And congrats, you just turned green ;)
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

Congrats on turtle walker, you deserve it with this. I wasn't looking forward to doing this again for 1.8, so this should be a great help.
IGN: Camerinthus
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Camerinthus wrote:Congrats on turtle walker, you deserve it with this. I wasn't looking forward to doing this again for 1.8, so this should be a great help.
Thanks man, (you too Battosay, love you man no homo;) hehehe), glad i could be some help:-)
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Where is the altar so I may bow at your feet, Walker?

Seriously. I'm glad somebody finally got around to making a guide for compiling these all together. I'm sure if I looked around, I could've found one on the internet. The 'big three' together just invigorates me enough to want to build complex machinery again.

PS: Congrats on the promotion.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

KWilt wrote:Where is the altar so I may bow at your feet, Walker?

Seriously. I'm glad somebody finally got around to making a guide for compiling these all together. I'm sure if I looked around, I could've found one on the internet. The 'big three' together just invigorates me enough to want to build complex machinery again.

PS: Congrats on the promotion.
My alter, at the livestream where its always been;) I'm really glad this is helping people, I'm just dreading the inevitable errors that will come in the coming weeks.
Mason11987

Re: How to correctly install BTW 2.96/BC 2.2.1/IC2 1.15

Post by Mason11987 »

Fantastic tutorial! Quite the service for the community here.

What is GUI API for exactly?

I installed those three mods (along with wireless redstone, portal gun, additional (teleport+) pipes for buildcraft, and Equivilant Exchange), and it seemed to work fine, only requiring me to manually change the IDs for some IC stuff (I assume ID Resolver would have done that).

Why am I missing without GUI API?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Mason11987 wrote:Fantastic tutorial! Quite the service for the community here.

What is GUI API for exactly?

I installed those three mods (along with wireless redstone, portal gun, additional (teleport+) pipes for buildcraft, and Equivilant Exchange), and it seemed to work fine, only requiring me to manually change the IDs for some IC stuff (I assume ID Resolver would have done that).

Why am I missing without GUI API?
I am glad you like it:)
GUIAPI is just for ID resolver to run, if you want to manually change id's that will work just fine.
CrAzY12StEvE

Post by CrAzY12StEvE »

Could you just hit assign ID for all from this mod instead of hitting Assign for every single one?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

CrAzY12StEvE wrote:Could you just hit assign ID for all from this mod instead of hitting Assign for every single one?
Yeah, you could
Rekablade

Post by Rekablade »

I would just like to add a small note to your tutorial, because I was having problems with the ID_Resolver_1.8.1_Update_0_Minecraft_Forge_Edition.7z
If you go to open the file you may get a message stating that it is corrupt or is using an unknown format (winrar), other programs may leave a different message.

Fix:
delete the old file
turn off antivirus protection (in my case Trendmicro Titanium)
re-download a new file
All should work properly now

For some reason my protection didn't like this website and was messing with the download. I am unsure if there are any other active protections that have this issue (with the site that is being used to host the download).
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Rekablade wrote:-SNIP-
Thanks, added to the OP
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Sorry for the double post, but could someone let me know whenever there is an updated version of IC2, i do not follow the mod, and if someone could also let me know when a stable version of RP2 is up? I know someone here could help:)
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but could someone let me know whenever there is an updated version of IC2, i do not follow the mod, and if someone could also let me know when a stable version of RP2 is up? I know someone here could help:)
According to eloraam the newest version of RP2PR2 is the start of the stable versions. From here on they won't mess saves up.
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Green?

"Supa green.."

Gratsies bud! you've been helping out here for a while now and doing goo works, green is much deserved. Thanks for showing other people how to do this.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Brethern wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but could someone let me know whenever there is an updated version of IC2, i do not follow the mod, and if someone could also let me know when a stable version of RP2 is up? I know someone here could help:)
According to eloraam the newest version of RP2PR2 is the start of the stable versions. From here on they won't mess saves up.
I will add this when I update for 2.97, thanks for the info:-)
Damion Rayne wrote:Green?

"Supa green.."

Gratsies bud! you've been helping out here for a while now and doing goo works, green is much deserved. Thanks for showing other people how to do this.
Thanks:) I just tried to help where I could, and I guess it was good help
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

BTW 2.28, BC 2.2.2 and RP2pre2 will be up in about a half an hour
EDIT: err..adfly makes thinks take a lot longer, perhaps another 30 minutes should be enough
phrost

Re: How to correctly install BTW 2.98/BC 2.2.2/IC2 1.15/RPpr

Post by phrost »

I have a question, what is the purpose of GuiAPI-0.11.1-1.8.1.zip?

I am currently running IC2, BTW2.98, BC2 and RP2 without guiapi and everything works just fine.

On a side note, if you dont want to use ID resolver you can always manually reassign ID's in BTW config, you can start at 205 and work your way down, there is no conflicts between IC2, BC2 or RP2.

Great tutorial none the less!
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

phrost wrote:I have a question, what is the purpose of GuiAPI-0.11.1-1.8.1.zip?

I am currently running IC2, BTW2.98, BC2 and RP2 without guiapi and everything works just fine.

On a side note, if you dont want to use ID resolver you can always manually reassign ID's in BTW config, you can start at 205 and work your way down, there is no conflicts between IC2, BC2 or RP2.

Great tutorial none the less!
Thanks man, and the GuiAPI is just for ID resolver, because I did not want to have to check conflicts any time a mod updates, but you can change things manually just fine.
Vik116

Post by Vik116 »

im trying to download everything. i cant go onto the the website to get the redpower mod for 1.8. when i try to it says "Error establishing a database connection" can someone help me?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

It seems to be an issue with the website, I am getting the same error. I tweeted Eloraam about it just now, I am not exactly sure what the problem is.
Vik116

Post by Vik116 »

ok thanks for doig that.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

You refrence a ModloaderMP client Fix file in your Guide, as well as a vy.class file, but no source for these files exists in the download links. Sound system update, as well
SCIENCE!
ceciliaice

Post by ceciliaice »

Ok, I'm not a novice modder, so I was pretty sure I could install all of the mods in the list without any problem. However, when I got to the section where it asks you to click on the ... folders with Buildcraft and RedPower, I couldn't because I use 7-zip. I figured just putting all the zip files into the mod folder would be fine, but then my minecraft crashed. I followed the directions perfectly up 'til that point, and downloaded everything TODAY, just to make sure they were all the right version.

What's the deal with WinRAR and the ... folder?

Please help!

Oh, and it isn't the black screen of death. MC gets into the Mojang logo, then has a "fatal error" and closes before I can even read the java error inside MC.