YASD

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
RaustBlackDragon

YASD

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

So I died. On hardcore. And it was horribly stupid what happened.

I was climbing up a narrow pillaring area, and I was thinking about what would happen if I fell off. I thought "Maybe if I put a block right below me, it'd save me.

I decided to test this in controlled conditions, but didn't realize just how high up I was.

Needless to say, it didn't work, and I experienced

Yet
Another
Stupid
Death.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
darahalian

Re: YASD

Post by darahalian »

That sucks... :(

It's always worse when it was something you had control over that causes your downfall.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Has anyone tried manually closing java in task manager before it starts deleting the world??
Might be a way around.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

BigShinyToys wrote:Has anyone tried manually closing java in task manager before it starts deleting the world??
Might be a way around.
Why are you playing hardcore if you're going to try to keep the world when you die?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Gilberreke wrote: Why are you playing hardcore if you're going to try to keep the world when you die?
I don't play hard core just seeing if a work around might help With stupid mistakes .
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

BigShinyToys wrote:I don't play hard core just seeing if a work around might help With stupid mistakes .
But that's my point: if you want to fix mistakes, don't play hardcore :D
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Yeah, hardcore mode doesn't peak my interest in the slightest due to exactly what happened in the OP. I'm generally rather calm and collected when playing, and mobs are rarely cause for concern, due to my over-preparedness. But, every once in awhile, I get a drink too many in me and think it's a good idea to get some MC in before I hit the hay. Never a good idea. Alcohol would lead to lost worlds.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

I get the feeling Mojang hates people who wants to play prolonged on the same spot and try to build impressive stuff.... Hardcore mode is one of the reasons ;P

I say it again a 'hardcore mode' would be shittonnnes more fun if it kept the world but gave you a new spawn point at..... god knows where. Wonky terrain generation from exploring aside. Wouldn't it be fun if, after days/weeks of game play including actually creating a new home and everything (as you can't without luck find your old one). You suddenly stumble upon abandoned buildings, when you suddenly realise it's your old base!
Knowing that all your hard work actually wouldn't get deleted would be much bigger incentive to keep playing... and not raging
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

CC, if people wanted to build without the fear of death, shouldn't they play... I dunno, survival?

I mean, I see hardcore as more of an actual survival, while survival is like legit creative, and creative is very similar to 'I-want-to-build-something-impressive-but-it-won't-be-worth-shit'. (Unless you're solely creating whatever that is for a very specific reason, like an adventure map or something extremely huge and to scale. If you're going to build a 10x10 house of diamond, I have no faith in you.)

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Big K says it best. Hardcore mode needs to stand as is. However, I would play the ever loving crap out of an alternate mode where death flung you two kilometers in a random direction so you'd have to re-establish before striking out to search for home.
Better is the enemy of Good
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Heh, my one venture into hardcore mode.

Hmm, I need some more concentrated hellfire. Just stick this in the cauldron...oh crap! I think I left it on rendering mode! *flips switch*
*BOOM*

Turns out I hadn't left it on rendering mode.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Stormweaver wrote:Heh, my one venture into hardcore mode.

Hmm, I need some more concentrated hellfire. Just stick this in the cauldron...oh crap! I think I left it on rendering mode! *flips switch*
*BOOM*

Turns out I hadn't left it on rendering mode.
That's why I have separate cauldrons for stoked and unstoked.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

DaveYanakov wrote:Big K says it best. Hardcore mode needs to stand as is. However, I would play the ever loving crap out of an alternate mode where death flung you two kilometers in a random direction so you'd have to re-establish before striking out to search for home.
I had a mod which did this in 1.7, it sent you 6000 blocks in a random direction and was fantastic!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Corzan

Post by Corzan »

We can still do it, albeit you'd have to quit minecraft after every death, and stick your level.dat up in here: http://seedscope.net/. Scroll down to 'Lose Me' :D You can even choose how far to be 'lost'. And there's an added risk of being teleported underground >:D

And for the faint of heart, there's a tool below 'Lose Me' entitled 'Go Home'. I'll let you guess what it does.
Claim to fame: HCS before HCS was ever a thing