Compass points to new origin...

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
jkievlan

Compass points to new origin...

Post by jkievlan »

First off, I am not sure if this is a vMC bug or a BTW bug. I've tried to find out but I can't find good info on the bug. However, I am absolutely positive it is a bug. If it's present in vMC I do apologize and I'll try to get them to fix it. Unfortunately I don't have the expertise in Java I would need to debug the issue and find out for sure. I would add that, even if it is a vMC bug, it's good to know about since the philosophy behind Hardcore Spawn depends on the origin always being in the same place.

When I first created my SMP server, I built a path to the origin and a base at the origin. For some time, compasses always pointed to that location. However, just recently I spawned in a new place, built a compass, and followed it -- and ended up at a completely different "origin". Now, it may be relevant that I've restarted my server a few times -- though I don't think that should cause this behavior. Also, my IP address (but not my username) has changed since I created the server.

FlowerChild, would it be asking too much to check into this and, if it isn't a BTW bug, repost here so I can take this issue to the Minecraft forums?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Compass points to new origin...

Post by FlowerChild »

It's a vanilla bug. Quit your world and reload and it will reset to point at the original spawn.

When it doubt, ask other in tech support before bothering me directly with stuff like this.