Animals can pick up food through solid blocks

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
finite8

Animals can pick up food through solid blocks

Post by finite8 »

First of all, i love that animals can eat off the ground, but i don't know if this is a known problem or not so I'm reporting it anyway.

Animals seem to be able to eat loose food through solid blocks (i.e: they do not seem to need LoS on it at all, just within a particular radius).

Animals also seem to be able to try and get jiggy wit it though solid blocks also. It won't work but in breeding farms, the animal will ignore the horny and ready animal right next to it, instead trying to make love though solid stone. I think perhaps if the animal cannot see the animal, it should not be considered a valid partner.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Animals can pick up food through solid blocks

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, that's two separate issues, the 2nd is with vanilla, so not really appropriate for a bug report (as I've mentioned, I'll be changing it anyways).

As for the 1st, I'll think about whether to change it or not. I'm not sure if I want to be performing LOS calculations every time an animal is looking for food.

But yeah, it's functioning as intended, whether I decided to refine it later or not.
Battosay

Re: Animals can pick up food through solid blocks

Post by Battosay »

FlowerChild wrote:As for the 1st, I'll think about whether to change it or not. I'm not sure if I want to be performing LOS calculations every time an animal is looking for food.

Please don't ;)

Edit : Damn it was closed, didn't saw that, sorry :o