Witches spawn mechanic

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ion

Witches spawn mechanic

Post by ion »

I've never made a witch farm in BTW and now it's time. The question is how do they spawn? Is it Y level related or they can spawn underground also?
Gilberreke

Re: Witches spawn mechanic

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that it was changed from vanilla behavior, as witches didn't spawn randomly in 1.5, but that they do in modern Minecraft versions. This means the MC wiki will be useless for this info.

Sorry that I can't help more.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
magikeh

Re: Witches spawn mechanic

Post by magikeh »

Witches are a fun farm, love the loot.
Version 4.8912 wrote:Added the ability for witches to spawn in swamps. They will spawn in darkness around and above sea level in swamp biomes and this replaces their witch hut spawns, making swamps slightly more dangerous overall. On generation of witch huts, witches will spawn in their general vicinity once and once only, and these hut witches will not despawn, which means that when you first find a hut, it will almost always have witches nearby, and thus be dangerous. This was done as the spawn conditions on witches were extremely gamey and resulted in rather cheezy traps. Also, many players were never even seeing witches, so this is intended to make them a more integrated and interesting part of the game overall.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO