diamonds where?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DinoDikslam

diamonds where?

Post by DinoDikslam »

So i found a mine shaft and i got to the bottom where the dark strata is needed of diamond pickaxe is that the place where ill find diamonds or can i be at the end of the second strata level before the last strata to get diamonds?

i dont wanna waste my resources on mining the second level if diamonds dont appear there >.<
Stormweaver

Re: diamonds where?

Post by Stormweaver »

Diamonds are only found in the lowest strata - So finding them requires caving.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
ion

Post by ion »

or you can find them if you explore far away from spawn.
Spoiler
Show
in the dessert and jungle temples loot
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Has to be the deepest strata exposed by caves that low or underground ravines.

The early-mid game due to that is HUGE to support your cave exploration runs. The finding of diamonds is amazing.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

This is why I love finding veins of dirt and gravel in caves. It means you get that much more wall exposed without needing to carve through stone
Better is the enemy of Good
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

DaveYanakov wrote:This is why I love finding veins of dirt and gravel in caves. It means you get that much more wall exposed without needing to carve through stone
Yeah, I'm just not sure what the optimal strategy value/time is with those. I've started to dig a tunnel through the dirt along the edge of the stone, once around and then leave it. I think that exposes the maximal value for your buck. Excavating the entire thing just takes way longer than just finding another cave I feel :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx