Gold veins in mid-strata?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
MisterFister

Gold veins in mid-strata?

Post by MisterFister »

I just extracted no fewer than 11 blocks of gold ore from a vein deposit that was most definitely in mid-strata. Granted, it was low in that mid-strata, but there were two blocks of mid strata below them before hitting darkstone.

Has anyone else had this happen? The "PercentOfOreByHeight" graphic rather categorically suggests that this shouldn't have been possible at that depth.

I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm just curious how many others have encountered this.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
dawnraider

Re: Gold veins in mid-strata?

Post by dawnraider »

Technically the max range of gold extends slightly above the strata boundary. Gold can spawn up to level 33, and I believe the 2nd/3rd strata boundary is around 29/30ish (just by counting up from bedrock). Although gold is rare above 30, it still can spawn. So, this isn't out of the ordinary.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

dawnraider wrote:Technically the max range of gold extends slightly above the strata boundary. Gold can spawn up to level 33, and I believe the 2nd/3rd strata boundary is around 29/30ish (just by counting up from bedrock). Although gold is rare above 30, it still can spawn. So, this isn't out of the ordinary.
Useful info, thanks. So, by spawn altitude above bedrock, I might as well have won PowerBall. Nice.

But as to the other element, there being either single vein of 11 blocks, or somehow two adjacent smaller veins?
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I don't know exactly how big the max size for gold ore veins are. I know diamond can't get above 8, but I've seen iron veins of around 10-11, so it could be either.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!