Seed for Newbies

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Destinu

Seed for Newbies

Post by Destinu »

Hi, I wanted to ask for help, I'm going to introduce the mod to some friends, however, the hardcore (best part of the game) may sound arduous at first, though I do not intend to cheat in any way, so I would like a "seed" where I could Find a ravine with easy redstone (to make a compass early in the game), or a minshaft, or any kind of suggestion of seeds to newbies! Not that kind of spawn-end portal seed, but something in the middle...
ko_teknik

Re: Seed for Newbies

Post by ko_teknik »

There are no seed for new player or experimented player .... they must try and try to get better !
Its not to much hard to get a compass if you keep attention and play like a dangerous game !

Latter if you get soul sand you can find a player just after he die ...
And with time try to make some path / totem with dirt slab or gravel ^^
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

If you get a seed with a bunch of water or distinct terrain in the 1000x1000 start area your re-spawns will be easier to recover from after your have a few bases up.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Destinu wrote:I do not intend to cheat in any way
Uh huh.
Destinu

Post by Destinu »

FlowerChild wrote:
Uh huh.
Don't get it

ko_teknik wrote:There are no seed for new player or experimented player .... they must try and try to get better !
Its not to much hard to get a compass if you keep attention and play like a dangerous game !

Latter if you get soul sand you can find a player just after he die ...
And with time try to make some path / totem with dirt slab or gravel ^^

Maybe I have not been clear, I agree that practice leads to perfection, however, they have never played minecraft at all, so even though picking a bussola is not so complex, I thought some might share "favorite" seeds, to make my life a little bit easy.

And tnks for the tips =P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Destinu wrote:Don't get it
Well, don't get me wrong, feel free to cheat if that's what floats your boat.

BUT simultaneously wanting to specially engineer the "randomly" generated world you play in to make your life easier by inputting a multi-digit alphanumeric code while claiming not to be cheating seems just a tad wee bit kinda perhaps maybe slightly disingenuous.
Destinu

Post by Destinu »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, don't get me wrong, feel free to cheat if that's what floats your boat.

BUT simultaneously wanting to specially engineer the "randomly" generated world you play in to make your life easier by inputting a multi-digit alphanumeric code while claiming not to be cheating seems just a tad wee bit kinda perhaps maybe slightly disingenuous
Hmm,
I really had not seen the game as you just described, but I fully agree, which makes all sense, a sequence of numbers to facilitate, looking from your point of view really looks more cheating than a "creative way", I Thank you and all, I will start randomly as it should be. I would never interpret what you said the wrong way. Your creation, to my point of view, is one of the best games entertainment inventions I have ever experienced, and so I always bring new players to btw, and I will always be eternally grateful!!!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, I would say that early game exploration in a strange and unknown environment is a big part of the experience, so yeah, I'd recommend not depriving new players of that through using a seed with known resource placement / geographic features.