Hell Borne Forestry and its Limitations

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Dorugami

Hell Borne Forestry and its Limitations

Post by Dorugami »

I'm just begining to tackle making a wither trap in the nether and having been killed three times by errant ghast fire, I spent the better part of a day's play session to make myself a bloodwood sapling.

QUESTION: What events would make it stop growing (because I'm sure it happened to me before)? Lava? Fire? Getting some of its leaves chopped up? Advice is very much appreciated.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
jackatthekilns

Re: Hell Borne Forestry and its Limitations

Post by jackatthekilns »

I haven't done a whole lot with bloodwood, but the wiki entry may be of use

http://www.sargunster.com/btw/index.php ... _Wood_Tree

PS
Thanks for the reminder, I am currently trying to collect wither skulls and didn't think about boodwood.
Dorugami

Re: Hell Borne Forestry and its Limitations

Post by Dorugami »

Yeah I read that, but the wiki is woefully limited in information. I'd put some in if I knew how to actually do it. Guess I'll be doing some creative tests to figure some stuff out after all.

EDIT: Right, lovely little tidbits.

> Bloodwood is vulnerable to fire and lava. So I assume this means it's best placed somewhere it won't catch on fire and just...putter out. Also, big trees catching fire = monumental amounts of lag.
> Bloodwood can be repaired if it's trunk is...re-attached - to the soul sand base (tested only with a break in the main trunk.

My query answered, I'll just leave that here for the similarly inclined.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.