Chickens won't lay eggs?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
peachey1mill

Chickens won't lay eggs?

Post by peachey1mill »

I know they're only supposed to lay 1 a day or something like that, but it feels like they lay 1 a week, I keep them fed every time I enter my base or when I'm in for the night. Even when I spend all night working on my base in fairly close proximity to them, they still don't seem to want to lay any eggs. Am I missing something? Do I have to sit there and watch them face to face or something?
jorgebonafe

Re: Chickens won't lay eggs?

Post by jorgebonafe »

They'll lay eggs on the dawn only. And if you feed them after dusk you'll have to wait a whole extra day.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
peachey1mill

Post by peachey1mill »

Ahh, OK. They're laying more consistent now, cheers.

(If FC wants to close or delete this that's fine)
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

peachey1mill wrote:-snip-
Is it possible that the time you're spending waiting is beyond chunk-load radius, or even in a non-overworld dimension?
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
peachey1mill

Post by peachey1mill »

I was well within 100 blocks or so, in the overworld, working on my base. But with what jorgebonafe said, that's helped. I now feed them shortly after dawn or around noon and by the next dawn I've got eggs.

On a side note, does anyone know is sheep/cows will eat grass off half slabs of dirt? I set up a test in creative to see, but they don't seem to be
Rob

Post by Rob »

No. They do not eat grass off half slabs.
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

peachey1mill wrote:I was well within 100 blocks or so, in the overworld, working on my base. But with what jorgebonafe said, that's helped. I now feed them shortly after dawn or around noon and by the next dawn I've got eggs.

On a side note, does anyone know is sheep/cows will eat grass off half slabs of dirt? I set up a test in creative to see, but they don't seem to be
Too exploitable with it being a cheap way to keep animal pens mob proof without lighting, so fc rubbed that one out in development.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
peachey1mill

Post by peachey1mill »

I didn't even think of that, but it makes sense. I just wanted a more gradual slope in my cow field