stair-block conversions

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
MisterFister

stair-block conversions

Post by MisterFister »

I know that most / all slab-blocks can be recombined into full-block versions. Does this also hold true for stair-block versions, at least with certain materials? Or siding versions (I'm pre-SFS so cannot experiment in survival)?
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
Dorugami

Re: stair-block conversions

Post by Dorugami »

Wooden stair blocks at least, can be recycled into a siding and moulding by passing it over a saw. I am unsure about the stone stair blocks though.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
MisterFister

Re: stair-block conversions

Post by MisterFister »

Dorugami wrote:Wooden stair blocks at least, can be recycled into a siding and moulding by passing it over a saw. I am unsure about the stone stair blocks though.
The implication being that, once saw-recycled into siding / moulding combo, those products can then potentially be recombined back into planks when paired with other materials. Pity I didn't consider this back when I decided to throw caution and hoarding-sense to the nether by running a smelt on the furnace bank with stacks of wooden stairs from my abandoned-village teardown.

I'm now in the process of completely relocating my entire mechanical workshop in accommodation of some terraforming and aquaforming, but I suppose this is as good a point as any to remind myself just how low my wood stockpile is as an excuse to get my autosaw working at the new lair and verify this. I look forward to bandying with your suggestion as to stone-type stairs.

Thanks!
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.