Gathering Emeralds

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
kingcharlesiii

Gathering Emeralds

Post by kingcharlesiii »

Any tips for farming large amounts of emeralds? I want to start making emerald beacons to improve my mobtrap efficiency.

I've found that Priests are the easiest to trade with since skulls are really easy to gather, but I've gotten a lot of enchanting trades in a row that aren't that helpful.

I'm not sure how easy mining emeralds would be but I've got a fortune pick that could help.
Taleric

Re: Gathering Emeralds

Post by Taleric »

Trading is going to be your goto I think. The mining rarity is really bad and not worth it IMO unless you need the stone.
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

If you are going to mine for them, keep in mind that they only show up underneath mountains (so you'll have to watch out for silverfish). They only show up as single blocks, not in veins, though, so it's probably not worth it.
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

Trade, and breed more villagers of that caste so that you can have multiple trade options to choose from (when one goes cold with enchants, start leveling the next one.)
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I heard villagers tend to give you more emeralds if they are submerged for a while at a time, periodically. I suggest a system of pistons holding water above their heads.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
ion

Post by ion »

easy is to game the system. never level a peasant above level 2 and a librarian above level 2. trade with those, as the best and easy to get items are at those levels. the rest of the villagers are useless apart from the priest, but even him is useless after you reach the end.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

Maybe they're just thirsty? Try tossing them some delicious milk.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

ion wrote:the rest of the villagers are useless apart from the priest, but even him is useless after you reach the end.
I definitely would not say they're useless, since
Spoiler
Show
they're the only way to get their respective scrolls, plus getting mycelium without a mushroom biome
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

dawnraider wrote:
ion wrote:the rest of the villagers are useless apart from the priest, but even him is useless after you reach the end.
I definitely would not say they're useless, since
Spoiler
Show
they're the only way to get their respective scrolls, plus getting mycelium without a mushroom biome
I would at least agree that it's a good idea to keep two sets of villagers, and to keep one set un-leveled.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

The perfect villager station does indeed have mostly useful traders like level 2 peasants and level 2 librarians, as well as various blacksmiths.

The idea is to do easy trades for emeralds, until you can mass get emeralds, then use those on the blacksmiths to get insane amounts of diamond ingots. The moment I get access to villagers, I tend to have full set of diamond armor, diamond tools, etc. I don't bother with anything else, since if you get efficient trading, diamond is cheap.

On top of that, you also want at least one of the other useful villagers, mostly max villagers to get the scrolls, mycelium, etc.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx