Piles of Soul Sand

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ko_teknik

Piles of Soul Sand

Post by ko_teknik »

Hi

I try to find that on forum but nothing,
So piles of soul sand help to find where the last player Die ... My question are : If a player die and Run away with piles of soul sand we found the player or the place where the player died ?
And if i want to find my friends but i die after him ... The piles of soul sand show my position ? where i die ?
I'm a bit confused by this feature !

Anyway Thx
jackatthekilns

Re: Piles of Soul Sand

Post by jackatthekilns »

My understanding is that the pile of soul sand (right click) will float in the direction of the spawn point of the player that has died most recently. So if the player moves its on them to remember what direction they went after spawn. When the next player dies, the piles will start pointing to them
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, it's the last player to die only. This is to create tension and further incentivize staying alive after a teammate bites it instead of just going kamikaze. I didn't want to nerf the death penalty to the point where it was too different from the single player experience, so I was cautious to include a number of caveats to the ability of players to find each other.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Thx for reply !

Okay so i must tell to my friend to die ^^ Because i just found soul sand and he are lost and depressed ! He play for the first time :p
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

I have a problem !

We play on a server with my friend, i have piles of soul sand.... My friend have died. We play with the last version timing rodent b.

When i right click with soul sand the particles don't show any direction, and don't make any noise !
I make something wrong ?
In previous version i have try piles of soul sand and always show me a direction after a died !

I just try it now in solo and after died piles of soul dand make noise and show me the direction where i'am died ...
I don't know why in the server with my friend we con't get piles of soul sand working !

Can anyone try it ? And tell me if does it work ?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I believe (I would have to check the code to be certain), that it's not just the last player that died, but the last player that changes respawn location.

So, in the above, if he died, you died, and then he died again within an MC day at the same location, it won't show his location. I don't remember if it won't show any, or it'll still show your last respawn though.

Also, I believe (been awhile) that there's a time limit to find the dead guy before it stops working entirely. I think that might also be an MC day. So, if he's been dead for a number of days and you just found soul sand, you won't be able to use it to track him.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

oooh okay it's really complicated !!!!!

But i have died again and really lucky ! I spawn exactly at the same place of my friend ^^