New Release! (BTW V4.A2 Timing Rodent b) - NO SPOILERS

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.A2 Timing Rodent b) - NO SPOILERS

Post by FlowerChild »

Just updated the download link in the OP with a 'b' version that fixes the above problem with the Battle Axe chopping logs.
Charley_P

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.A2 Timing Rodent) - NO SPOILERS

Post by Charley_P »

FlowerChild wrote:
Charley_P wrote:Now to get my account back!
Account back? What do you mean Charley?
I cannot log into my account atm, not getting password reset emails to my email address. So I believe someone changed the associated email address. That or Mojang takes weeks to send email resets.
"See! We're well thought out and philosophical... lets go kill stuff and eat it!"
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Very excited about the new release. Gives me a chance to start over and time myself to the end. I can't say that I love the hardcore stumps. I am curious to know more about your thought process behind it and what it is meant to accomplish. I usually find that features I initially dislike make a lot more sense after I understand its purpose. I know this thread is spoiler free, so i can wait for it to pop up in another thread.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'd suggest playing around with Hardcore Stumping for awhile. I initially implemented it as an experiment (as I do many features), and with extended play found it a hands down better experience. I'd be surprised if you didn't like it after a bit of time with it.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Hardcore stumping has basically forced something that I always intended to do when I started a new world, but never actually stuck with, so I'm pretty happy with it. Hopefully this will be the world that I actually get to the mid-game in. It's been so long :/
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

The iron/gold change was a great idea. It definitely felt 'splioty before.

I'm in a world where I have all diamond tools. I am having trouble figuring out what hardcore stumping actually is. I have chopped various trees, and nothing is different, I am able to build stump remover though.

Am I missing something? Or am I about to be surprised right in the face? Do I need to be in a fresh world? Or maybe it's my addon that's preventing it from working?..I don't think so.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

As per the title, let's try to keep the release thread spoiler free. If you'd like to discuss a particular feature, feel free to create a spoiler thread.
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

Yhetti:
Spoiler
Show
Stumping doesn't work on trees already placed in the world before the update
That aside, Stumping is something I've sort of expected based on old posts. Stump Remover seems like a good device to encourage pre-brewing collection of red mushrooms and another use for oysters besides fishing and ingot production. Grass changes are pretty consistent with hemp rules and chicken change is much appreciated. Iron and gold changes fit in nicely with the stumping and making resources feel more limited while incentivizing mob trap production instead of making pure iron mining an effective means of gathering enough material on its own. A good update as always.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Ooh, nice! It's been a while, but this might just have to be the time I get back into MC/BTW again.

Thanks for the update! Glad to see the best mod ever is still alive and well :)
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

I have to say I love the certainty that the changes to the chickens gives. I don't mind the slightly slower laying rate at all, worth the trade-off
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Wow, Chrome is being a jerk. Went to download the file and was prompted with this:
When clicking on the arrow and the subsequent option (learn more) it led me to this page.

When I went and looked at all the downloads (ctrl + j) it came up as so:

Clicking on "Recover Malicious File" prompted another dialouge:

Where I had to basically tell chrome that I'm not a huge derp and I know what's what.
Just to be sure that MediaFire hadn't been compromised and somehow bundled malware with the package, I ran the download through a couple different scanners (MBam, WinDefender) and neither came up with any funny business.

TLDR: Chrome no longer likes MediaFire, and Magik whining otherwise about having to do extra steps to get the goodies.

In other news, I'm looking forward to playing the new update! Thanks bud, godspeed.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Psion

Post by Psion »

what are you talking about? google overlord knows what hes saying, BTW is completely malicious, in an impartial way. ;3
Norton

Post by Norton »

The sha1sum I get for the new omg-chrome-says-evil download is the same as the one I grabbed earlier with no warnings:
4238fb7b4d0aee2acd62601b9627c1f8dd2a7795 BTWMod4-A2TimingRodentb.zip

Started up a new game. The stumping is a nice annoying touch, and am greatly looking forward to clockwork chickens.
Psion

Post by Psion »

clockwork orange chickens? :P
Rob

Post by Rob »

I also got the malicious file blocked warning from chrome. Ignored it because FC would never do...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

:P file was fine.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Thanks for the awesome release as always, FC! Stump changes will be interesting, and I love the egg laying changes. I always shied away from eggs until I had hoppers just because of the randomness.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Was not expecting an update! Thanks FC! In my latest world im still trying to figure out how to get enough ender pearls to reach the end for the first time, but all the changes seem well thought out like always.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Thx for this release !

I love Hardcore Stumping it's a litle change but pretty cool !
And the change on chicken make the game harder,
And now i will get more interest in diamond stuff ^^

Thx for all and happy christmas time, bisous sur la fesse :p

Here a french vidéo of the new release content :

TSA

Post by TSA »

Has been a long long time since my last post.
Got curious about how this community was doing but had no reason to worry.
FC thanks once again for another update on your mod.

Glad to see that most of the people i saw playing years ago still play nowadays!

Just my two cents. Keep up the wonderful work.
LunaticToad
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

I am SOOOO freaking excited about these changes!!! Can I just say YES!!!! You are Awesome!

Now time to finish editing the 5 vids I have and then restart as I can't wait to get going with all these changes :D!!!!!
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

-Added Hardcore Grass. This changes grass so that it can only grow in natural light. Torches will no longer work, nor will Light Blocks.
My barn animals have now been forced to become free range, how dare thee. On a related note, does this mean that dirt blocks need 'direct' [including glass(?)] access to the sky to grow now? Or will 'reflected' light work, like dirt blocks under an overhang?
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Dorugami wrote: My barn animals have now been forced to become free range, how dare thee. On a related note, does this mean that dirt blocks need 'direct' [including glass(?)] access to the sky to grow now? Or will 'reflected' light work, like dirt blocks under an overhang?
Depends on the size of the overhang. It's pretty low tolerance, so even the ground in some jungles isn't capable of supporting grass anymore due to the density of leaves above.
Dorugami

Post by Dorugami »

I'd say that's pretty well adaptable to my existing designs, looks like my cows are getting some well placed skylights in their barn instead. Cheers for the clarification.
Better Than Wolves isn't a Mod. It's a Lifestyle.
king_of_monkeys11

Post by king_of_monkeys11 »

Is anyone else having problems with the newest version of Java not liking 1.5.2, or is it just me? I updated BtW the way I usually do, but I keep getting a crash when I try to run it. Thought it might've been an install problem or MC problem in general, but the most recent vanilla release works and vanilla 1.5.2 doesn't...
Rob

Post by Rob »

king_of_monkeys11 wrote:Is anyone else having problems with the newest version of Java not liking 1.5.2, or is it just me? I updated BtW the way I usually do, but I keep getting a crash when I try to run it. Thought it might've been an install problem or MC problem in general, but the most recent vanilla release works and vanilla 1.5.2 doesn't...
Check out this thread if you have an Nvidia videocard.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9180

Check out this thread if you are running other versions of minecraft and then switching to BTW.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9167