First night in a long time

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Foxy Boxes

First night in a long time

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Spawned in a forest-y area, next to a desert and a swamp. Gathered some wood (just enough for a stone axe), some reeds and found two chickens.
Despaired as night fell and I couldn't contain the chickens. Found out too late that the corner in my dugout was in gloom so spent the night watching a skeleton miss me (most of the time).
Spoiler
Show
Situation untenable, I advanced on the skeleton. Killed it, got a bone, a bow, and an arrow. Got hurt in the process, but not badly.

Morning came. Advanced around the desert to the swamp to get some more reeds (they can still be crafted into an early game window right?). Died to a slime.

EDIT: Life 2, spawned near trees (and wolves, gulp), found a ditch with an exposed stone wall, amazing how much time is saved by not having to dig for stone. Now merrily digging through the night.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
kazerima

Re: First night in a long time

Post by kazerima »

A fellow fan of Magic Set Editor I see.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Death number two: Tried to kill a cow, the cow killed back.
Deaths three through... twelve?: Death by jungle spider. Death by being pushed into ravine by jungle spider. Death by drowning trying to hide from jungle spider.

EDIT: Death number 13. The darkness! Oh god why? The darkness, the towering trees, the EYES!
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Foxy Boxes wrote:The darkness! Oh god why? The darkness, the towering trees, the EYES!
Welcome back :)
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

It gets better. I just survived a gloom night (I assume) to behold...
The same jungle, and the same six eyes.

Apparently it wanted me to see it kill me. Although it was a close call, those grues left me crippled.

EDIT: In a more humorous note, I just got clubbed to death by a zombie... wielding mystery meat.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

wow... getting beat to death with your own severed limbs is adding insult to injury...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

About to be established. Night fell, I didn't have as much wood as I'd like (huehuehue) because I had to escape from the edge of a Jungle, but I lucked out and hit coal, then had a chicken fall into my base. At night it starts raining. When day breaks it keeps raining. I had to kill and eat my pet chicken. Forgive me, Mr Clucks.
The rain continues to fall. I may starve to death in here, or I can go out and get mauled, shot and slimed. Such is life.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Dammit Foxy. You're making my dangly bits tingle with joy and anticipation again. I was JUST getting back in to Skyrim!! Glad to see you're having fun though! =)
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

*Ahem*

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Creeper looking in through my view port while I set up my hemp farm, having spent several days mining for the iron needed. It's fine, it's not in range to trigger. Skeleton tries to shoot me, hits creeper, creeper blows up front of my cave and then the two skeletons advance. Rush towards chest to put my shiny new hoe in it and die just before I make the click.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

So my new base is in a small mountain spire. Today I walk outside my base and five spiders fall on me and die.
Huh.
And then a creeper blew me up while I was distracted.