Auto pottery/kiln before the End

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
jstu9

Auto pottery/kiln before the End

Post by jstu9 »

I have been trying to puzzle how to make an auto pottery and auto kiln device before getting End tech. I think it can be done but anything I have found here involves End tech devices.

I think I can figure out the timer with a turntable and repeater. But how to put the blocks down? I was pondering some elaborate piston contraption to move blocks around but haven't quite puzzled it out yet.

So is it possible? I kinda just want a hint how to do it but I wouldn't be upset if you flat out told me.
Niyu

Re: Auto pottery/kiln before the End

Post by Niyu »

My auto pottery works without End tech. but for the auto-kiln i had to use a block dispenser.

For the auto-pottery my advice is a regular dispenser and hardcore packing.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

my design puts a HC packing autopottery right next to a kiln. timing is done with a piston feedtape.
jstu9

Post by jstu9 »

Niyu wrote:My auto pottery works without End tech. but for the auto-kiln i had to use a block dispenser.

For the auto-pottery my advice is a regular dispenser and hardcore packing.
I've been playing BTW for awhile and I either forgot or never learned about hardcore packing. Thanks!
DiamondArms wrote:my design puts a HC packing autopottery right next to a kiln. timing is done with a piston feedtape.
Thank you both for your responses. Should be interesting to try to get this to work. Thanks!
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

DiamondArms wrote:my design puts a HC packing autopottery right next to a kiln. timing is done with a piston feedtape.
You musst use turn table to make an urn after that how do you cook urn automatically ?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

push the urn into the kiln. it sacrifices some efficiency as I have to replace a hibachi with axles for the turntable.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

DiamondArms wrote:push the urn into the kiln. it sacrifices some efficiency as I have to replace a hibachi with axles for the turntable.
mmmh i see ! I have try to make that but i don't find easy way to cook urn and take all the clay balls.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

the clay balls should go into the kiln along with the urn. after that its just a matter of how you want to get the finished urn(and clay balls) into an item collector.

If you want full clay recycling, go talk to someone else. that's still theoretically possible, but a whole different can of worms.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

i have make full clay recycling but without kiln, i will try that maybe i see how.
Spoiler
Show
start 14:20
finish 56:10
Lenburg1

Post by Lenburg1 »

I built a pre-end auto pottery system a couple years ago in my main world but instead of having it automatically place the pottery it in a kiln i just drop it into a hopper(i was scared I would make hundreds of vases by accident) instead of an auto kiln i built a manual kiln large enough to do batches of 64. It was very expensive but I think it was well worth it because I could mass produce charcoal. I refuse to store hellfire dust any where near my base so the charcoal helps me keep my sanity)