Secondary bases

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
jorgebonafe

Re: Secondary bases

Post by jorgebonafe »

Lenburg1 wrote:Ok here are some pictures of my water canals.
Ok, this is really cool, I love it
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Yeah, way cool man
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

That's really impressive. I like those pillars underneath the desert area. I don't know how you managed to extend the water that far underneath it, though.

I decided to just go all-out at the nearest populated village. It's been fun. I've got all of the pre-anvil tech set up with a building for each thing, and a cheap cobble wall around the whole area that I'll prettify eventually.

I learned that squid farms are SUPER fast in the desert. Now I just need to find a jungle that's close by. ^.^
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

One of the top priorities when I set up a base, respawn or otherwise, is to dig a ha ha, with cutting back nearby trees to clear sight lines being a very close second. After that it's covering any bodies of water to remove any last possibility of succor for mobs suffering from terminal sunburn.

Automation at satellite bases is generally limited to things I immediately need.
Better is the enemy of Good
razar51

Post by razar51 »

I typically avoid making secondary bases unless absolutely necessary and prefer to keep everything in a central base, but I do make hidey holes and markers around various places. For example, whenever I go exploring I make periodic pillars that point back in the direction I came from. After numerous exploration trips this starts to become handy during HC spawn as all I have to do is find one of the marker lines and I can get back home.

For villagers, animals, etc I have always tried to bring them back to my main base. Before the restart on the Quackers coop server a number of months back, I dug a 2x1 tunnel from around spawn (actually from where communal was) all the way out to where villages would be populated. I located a village, waited until morning, and then lured them with shinies the short distance to my tunnel and then back to my base, where they lived in my basement.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Wanted to share my world which isnt too old. Around 6 months ago, though I didn't play the last 3-4.

With this run I wanted to find villages before any tech progression, so nothing went into building fancy buildings as I do in my main world.
My secondary bases are just dirt holes, nothing fancy. Just have the basics.

But at this point I have 4 enchantment tables and 2 brewing stands.
No sustainable food, tho I have one chicken and one cow at spawn.
First hemp plants are ready for harvest.
And wheat is growing nicely too.
Large Image Warning
Show
The yellow marker is spawn, close to 0,0.
The red markers are my secondary bases.
Would love to share this map, so you could explore it in your browser, but it is currently 2.2GB large and that's too much for my webserver.
Spawn
Show
Left Red Marker
Show
Top Red Marker
Show
Right Red Marker
Show
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread