The (un)Silent Cartographer

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DiamondArms

The (un)Silent Cartographer

Post by DiamondArms »

So after seeing map walls on youtube let's plays and even more recently on this forum, I've started making a map wall myself to see how large my main base's domain is. Turns out its not really all that big. Size 1 maps are really easy to fill, and most of my operations fit in 2 of those. The rest is captured land for domain/tree farming purposes.
My (tiny) Domain
Show
There's a jungle to the southeast I intend to add to this wall eventually, once I work up the spinal strength to cut down more of it. Fire is surprisingly terrible for the most bit, as it only takes out undergrowth and not most of the taller trees. In the mean time, I'm experimenting with ways to put down walls for keeping mobs out.

Fun facts: the sand-white streak in the middle is a gravel slab path. the sand-red/brown streak above it is packed earth. Jacklanterns seem to show up as green.

I'd like to see some other collections of maps everyone here has. My own collection is rather small atm, as is my domain.
Taleric

Re: The (un)Silent Cartographer

Post by Taleric »

I love it man! Your area is very alive, is that complex over the lake a grinder?
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I already posted this over on the show s your builds thread, but here's my map (slightly updated and zoomed in from that thread):
Spoiler
Show
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Yeah when I do a wall map of my settlement it tends to fit in a 3x3 map. I don't usually fill a giant wall. However we have collectively been working on a 3x3 max zoomed out map and it's starting to look great. I make these for overall views of the surrounding biomes and world view. More useful than the zoomed in maps, mainly for helping people find their way back home and just for the overview of your world!

(You can just see my town as the brown splodge just off to the left of the centre of the middle map)
Spoiler
Show
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Taleric wrote:I love it man! Your area is very alive, is that complex over the lake a grinder?
My grinder's the grey square in the middle of the maps, with the green dots on top. the thing(s) in the lake are the farm deities I posted on the builds thread a while back.