Happy BTW Day - Sharing Stories

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
aJaroOllie

Happy BTW Day - Sharing Stories

Post by aJaroOllie »

Congratulations on half a decade of development on what can only be described as the best Minecraft mod of all time! I know I will always be grateful for the hard work and dedication you have put into this mod, as I am sure the rest of the community is. I thought this would be the perfect time to express this, and just share a bit about my experience, I'm sure everyone will have a lot of stories to tell.

I started playing BTW back in early 2012, and had played in the same world up until a couple of months ago, when I stopped playing Minecraft. I came back to it a week or so ago, just vanilla, and within a day I was at diamond level with nether access, which is when I knew I needed to get back to BTW. After all the hardcore changes, I decided I needed a new world to experience the game properly. I'd kept an eye on change logs but couldn't remember how much had changed, I spawned in a swamp, got into my hole as the sun set, and was swiftly slaughtered by slimes that night. Since then I've recovered in a new area, got chickens and a small hemp farm, and can't wait to continue up the tech tree - next stop windmill!

Minecraft means BTW to me, and has given me countless hours of enjoyment - thank you Flower.
IGN: Matthew_OJ
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Happy BTW Day - Sharing Stories

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for that man, much appreciated :)
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

aJaroOllie wrote:Minecraft means BTW to me, and has given me countless hours of enjoyment - thank you Flower.
This pretty much sums it all up!
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Aye, I've said it many times and I'll say it again. BTW has been a huge part of my life the past 5 years, when my friends stopped playing Minecraft this community was here to help fill that fixation. And the mere fact that there is no other game to date that has had the ability to suck me in as well as BTW did, to spend those countless hours grinding for the achievements. No not those crappy ones on screen, the ones that come in the background. This game has shaped me as a young adult, thanks FC :D
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
ada221

Post by ada221 »

aJaroOllie wrote: Minecraft means BTW to me, and has given me countless hours of enjoyment - thank you Flower.
my thoughts exactly, I simply cant disassociate BTW and Minecraft. Vanilla feels like an empty husk without this mod, dare I say "Expansion".

Thank you, FC, for the hundreds (if not more) of hours of enjoyment I have gotten out of this mod. Thank you for teaching me that games need to be challenging, but not impossible.
-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

So after taking a long hiatus from BTW due to burnout and last nights Game of Thrones. I realized BTW is pretty much the only game I can play due to progression and such. I lost all my old worlds due to poor backup routines. So with a new world started I will lose hours/days/months of my life to the best game I've played and will continue to play.
Spoiler
Show
The night is dark and full of terrors.....
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I got into btw again a few days ago after a long time without, still has the same fear, excitement, and reward i remember :) current progression is iron hoe and iron pick, working on pushing through my fear of the dark to explore more caves.

Happy to have a fun game I can always count on ;) Thank you Flowerchild.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Caevin

Post by Caevin »

Agreed on this.

Better Than Wolves has been the game I've most consistently played and enjoyed. Not Minecraft, but BTW. Vanilla Minecraft felt empty almost the moment I started playing with BTW.
And after hundreds and hundreds of hours I'm still having fun every moment I play (even after many frustrating deaths and subsequent tech restarts, or week-long foolish journeys back to base).

Also, you gave me a reason to seriously play with redstone, which was amazing (my years of beginner electrical engineering studies in high school finally had a purpose).
Singularius

Post by Singularius »

In my current playthrough, I found wheat before pumpkins:

I was walking aimlessly around my world having forgotten the way back to my base when I found a plains biome. At first I was hopeful to finally find some pumpkins after my first plains biome was disappointing in that regard but soon my attention was taken by a desert temple and a desert village almost directly next to each other. I expected the Temple to be fully-abandoned but decided to go inside just for the heck of it.

As it turned out, the temple was NOT fuly abandoned: I immediately found an enchanting table inside. Then I realized, the village will probably not be completely abandoned either and when I stepped outside the temple I saw that the village was indeed populated with vilagers and wheat crops.

While this might sound like an awesome sight I left all of my iron and iron tools at my other two bases (1 unused pick, 1 almost broken sword and 3 ingots) so I have to secure as many villagers as possible with stone tech.

Guess the next steps will be to construct a mill stone and establish a third base :)

P.S.: first post in this forum. I did not want to create a new thread for my story and this thread seemed the most appropriate for it.