Separating cows and sheep

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Separating cows and sheep

Post by Sarudak »

Now that cows kick and freak out about block placement I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to separate them. Initially I was trying to just grab groups of homogeneous animals but I had a little mishap that turned into a cow spill. Anyway, long story short I ended up with a cow in the sheep pen and a sheep in the cow pen. I'm guessing the sheep is a lost cause but I'm petrified of losing a chunk of my sheep to the rouge cow. I know if I try to kill him with a bow he'll massacre the sheep. I can't set up a trap because any block breaking or block placing will set him off. Finally I don't think I can melee him because I don't have good enough armor. Even the idea of trying to wait for him to be alone and then lure him out is a no go because placing a ramp that would let him escape would set him off. Is there any in game way to resolve this problem? How do people deal with cow sheep mixtures?

The death machine:

SterlingRed

Re: Separating cows and sheep

Post by SterlingRed »

Your pen is decently large. When the cow is on one side with at least two sheep on the other extreme, wall off the two sheep as fast as you can and take the loss of the other sheep. Kill your cow and then let your remaining sheep back out into the larger pen area.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Losing all but two sheep is not an acceptable loss pre-wheat. I ended up committing all my remaining diamonds to a chestplate and taking it out in melee wasn't too bad actually.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Ah didn't realize this was pre wheat. Well now at least you have shiny new armor!