I'm shaking.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
WildThot

I'm shaking.

Post by WildThot »

I'm shaking so bad. Holy fuck. TL;DR: i got a chicken in my base finally and it was the most intense thing i've ever experienced in a game! the following story sounds sorta 4chany. sorry, just stream of consciousness.

Been playing this world for a very very long time. Being nomadic to stay fed. Finally got redstone for a compass (and two diamonds!). Traveled back to spawn, which wasn't actually as far away as i thot. Settled in an abandoned village near spawn. Time to figure out a sustainable food source.

Went out once. Found a chicken. dug a hole for us. locked him in the back section so i could clear the exit in the morning without him getting hurt. There were a couple spiders on top of the hole. But they were passive now. so i tried to take the chicken out. didn't want to risk dying by attacking them. there were 2. as soon as chicken came out they ate him. I'm starving at this point. went back to base. spent all day fishing with the rotten flesh i had collected.

sailed out in the morning in a new direction. hugging the coast. wolves way out in the middle of the water growling and barking at me but they dont move fast in water. decided to go ashore at one point. after a long time found another chicken. Had to go way out because everything around my base is extinct. very lonely. locked this chicken in a pit. killed all the sheep and pigs around me. i made another pit for myself separate from the chicken. cooked up that food.

morning came. went outside and this time cleared the mobs hanging around the exit. killed a creeper and actually just left a skeleton under a tree cause hes a good shot. busted chicken out of the ground and we make our journey back. lots of jumping because i can't lay dirt half slabs with him around or he freaks out. so i have to stop to eat several times. one time i lose him. go into a cave looking for him. cant find him. frustrated and figured he must have despawned or something. but then i find him. Chicken! come on we gotta go!

sun is going down and i see my base in the distance. chicken keeps lagging behind and i have to go get him. really scared now because it was hard to find an area that is still living. and sleeping out there killed everything there of course. further i have to go to get the chicken, harder it is to bring him back.

get back to my base area. Just settled into it for the first time a few nights ago. made a little basement, pitch black, and planted the mushrooms i found a long time ago in my search for redstone (for the compass). anyways... CHICKEN!

I get turned around in the village and climb into a tower to store the chicken until daylight. i'm beyond anxious at this point because i hear zombies and skeletons around me. get chicken in the tower and then dirt up the door. but he gets freaked cause i placed a block and jumps out a window! its fully nighttime now. i chase him down and bring him back into the tower and quickly dirt up the windows and then the door after he's inside. i go looking for the villager house that is my base and out of the corner of my eye i see the chicken running around outside again. how'd he get out? CHICKEN!

get him following me again and i see the stone stairs leading into my house. and i'm desperate to get him in there. hear skeletons and zombies really damn close. get to the entrance and i keep losing him at the threshold. chicken, get in the damn house! i get him inside finally and switch to dirt block and see a zombie! I shit you not, i placed that fucking dirt block a split second before the zombie could get in. my dogs (irl) are looking at me like i'm crazy cause i'm losing my mind and yelling at this point. been playing this world for so fucking long and i finally found spawn, finally got mushrooms, and finally got a chicken in my base.

Just made a copy of my save folder in case i fuck up tomorrow somehow. still might starve. got no food left after jumping so much. but even if i do starve, will be worth it to know all i have to do is get another compass so i can find my base again. a base finally worth finding.

http://imgur.com/rFbXlFv
magikeh

Re: I'm shaking.

Post by magikeh »

Haha! Great story, sounds like that there chicken wants to be a free roaming chicken. Best to lock it down and quell any rebellious thoughts that it may bring up.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Caevin

Re: I'm shaking.

Post by Caevin »

I can completely sympathize, especially with how much animals like to run around nowadays. I had a similar experience getting cows.
Hopefully he's a faithful companion and delicious food source in the future! Just remember, don't name it!