Small Special SFS Armor Feature *SPOILER*

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Rawny

Small Special SFS Armor Feature *SPOILER*

Post by Rawny »

I'm not 100% sure this is a BTW feature but I've only perceived the feature with SFS. Did a BTW and google (for vanilla) search and came up empty.
I find that it's so cool that I'll even put it IN a spoiler tab.
Spoiler
Show
Just made my first SFS helmet with Respiration 5 on it. It scared the crap outa me when I first USED it but the addition of a scuba suit type breathing is awesome.
I'll fix the subject line if need be, and after it's confirmed it's a BTW thing. If not I'll change it to... uhm... "Rawny's a Dolt", and we can all have fun laughing... at me... not WITH me!
Last edited by Rawny on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Something something Feature *SPOILER*

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...yup, that's a BTW thing. You just reminded me how all "awwwww...." I was that nobody seemed to have ever noticed it ;)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Yay! I discovered a feature! It was/IS amazing!

I was going to start a new thread, maybe I still should, but are there more "features" that are yet to be discovered?
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rawny wrote: I was going to start a new thread, maybe I still should, but are there more "features" that are yet to be discovered?
I'll give you an honest "maybe" here. I'm really not certain, and probably wouldn't have remembered this one had you not mentioned it :)

I wouldn't say it's worth a dedicated thread for them.
Gilberreke

Re: Small Special SFS Armor Feature *SPOILER*

Post by Gilberreke »

I knew about it, but I just figured everyone did :D

This was in the changelogs: "Added sound effect for when the player is underwater and wearing a Soulforged Steel Helm with a respiration enchantment. Yes, that's extremely special case. I couldn't resist :)"

Pretty sure that was when I tried that out and discovered it and I assumed everyone else did the same? Not sure that's how it went, but I think so.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Sry if it was in the release notes, had never seen it mentioned.
Spoiler
Show
As I've been spending time underwater, I've also noticed how hats can just painlessly sit on my head with this thing on too. don't know if it's because of armor totals or the helm
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rawny wrote:
Spoiler
Show
As I've been spending time underwater, I've also noticed how hats can just painlessly sit on my head with this thing on too. don't know if it's because of armor totals or the helm
That's by design, and specific to the helm. Enclosed helm makes it difficult to do the head munch :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Only Lord Vader has the ability to withstand long periods underwater with fashionable hatsies!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I must say, I definitely think it's a pretty awesome feature. It really feels like I got rewarded for reaching SFS because I can finally stop being afraid of the water. I didn't know about the sound effect until my most recent world (or the Respiration 5, which is awesome), but I think it's great as it clues the player in to what is actually going on, which is always a plus.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!