Gravel and soul sand

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Xaedblade

Gravel and soul sand

Post by Xaedblade »

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but when I place gravel slabs on soul sand it causes the slab to "fall" and then break into 1 gravel pile... Anyone else have this issue...
Gilberreke

Re: Gravel and soul sand

Post by Gilberreke »

In this particular case, it's a bit odd, but yes, that's a feature. Basically, gravel slabs falls into piles to stop a few exploits IIRC. The same should happen with dirt slabs and it prevents a few exceedingly simple early game house designs that were too prevalent and ruined our Fun :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Not sure about the "bug or feature" part but soulsand is 7/8ths of a block tall and thus may be categorized as "not a full block", like slabs and other non-blocks like torches.
Tested: Sand doesn't break when falling on soulsand, but slabs do. issue confirmed.
Not sure how soulsand works into early game house designs though.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

DiamondArms wrote:Not sure about the "bug or feature" part but soulsand is 7/8ths of a block tall and thus may be categorized as "not a full block", like slabs and other non-blocks like torches.
Tested: Sand doesn't break when falling on soulsand, but slabs do. issue confirmed.
Not sure how soulsand works into early game house designs though.
Didn't I just post it's a feature :p. It's probably in the change logs and everything, look it up :D
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
abculatter_2

Post by abculatter_2 »

Gil, they're not saying that the slab breaking into items is the problem, they're saying the problem is that the falling detection for slabs is different enough from vanilla sand and gravel fall detection that soulsand is considered an invalid block for slabs, but a valid block for sand/gravel.
Xaedblade

Post by Xaedblade »

Yes I'm not concerned with the gravel piles but more about not being able to place gravel slabs on top of soul sand. Once I place it it breaks. I just was checking if it's a feature or bug as I don't want to bu FC with a bug report unless I'm sure.... Cheers