Tricky problem, need solution ideas.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DreamsofFury

Tricky problem, need solution ideas.

Post by DreamsofFury »

So, after being on hiatus with minecraft for almost a year now I update BTW and after a quick glance at the notes for the updates I missed I make a new world and get droped into the most awesome and unique challenge for myself, a decent sized island were the mainland is just barley visible with far view distance, do not question it, I enjoy beating my head against a brick wall until I enjoy the taste of blood. Been at it a few days now, I spent my first days making small cave dives on the mainland and collecting enough coal and wood to clean off the island and light it up, got that solved and secure enough my only real threat when im home is the occasional rabid hat when I'm fishing. But for my problem....and one I just cant figure out an effective way to solve it so I can move on to why I chose this world.

Just off my beach is a sheer drop and you can see that pretty little hole down there.
Spoiler
Show
Managed to luckily cause my mine to go right past it.
Spoiler
Show
So because of that I get the occasional mob that manages to float up and harass me and with creepers being a common threat its become such an issue that thankfully the HCSs caused by my over determined stupidity and close encounters with headware droped me almost right on top of some old night camps from my early days but I am not going to count on that luck again.....any ideas on how to seal this up? And no currently I am not combat ready to handle the mess thats down there but I want to see if anyone has ideas to close up the hole sooner....
Taleric

Re: Tricky problem, need solution ideas.

Post by Taleric »

What is your text level? Can't you just use wood?
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

If you're not combat ready, your best bet might be to build a sea wall and fortify that part of the island.

Plugging the holes is viable and uses less material, but is somewhat more dangerous.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
ion

Post by ion »

light it up, then no monsters surfacing again from the deeps
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

If you already have the saw, you could make a fence around the island. If not, I guess you could do a ugly floating dirt fence as well.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

As I should...,in theory, have my saw next session I might have to opt for the fence.

As that wont be till tomorro(sunday) night I'm still open to ideas, specially for any really creative ones I can attempt, risky ones are fun too as due to spawn location and the biome layouts HCS shouldent be too much of a hassle since all i really need to do is figure out what biome i'm in and orient myself in the right direction using the sun