BTW Appreciation - Passing The Hat

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Rawny

BTW Appreciation - Passing The Hat

Post by Rawny »

Reflect on how much time you spend playing BTW...

*CLINK*
Do with it what you need, a good scotch is oft considered a need. Try Balvenie 12yo Double Wood.

...quoted...
For convenience sake I've copied FC's donation link here. Please double check it against the release thread if you feel the need.

haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: BTW Appreciation - Passing The Hat

Post by FlowerChild »

Rawny wrote:Reflect on how much time you spend playing BTW...

*CLINK*
Do with it what you need, a good scotch is oft considered a need. Try Balvenie 12yo Double Wood.
Thanks man :)
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

i don't speak english very well ! But by sure i love you FlowerChild ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ko_teknik wrote:i don't speak english very well ! But by sure i love you FlowerChild ;)
Lol! I love you too man, thanks :)
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

*Clink*

Thanks again for the amazing experiences this game's given me. =)
hawk

Post by hawk »

*Clink*
For creating both my favorite game to play and forum community to be a part of, Thank you!

I still selfishly wish you'd set up a Patreon account as I don't remember to do this enough in my opinion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks guys! Much appreciated :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Here, have a tenner.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

Been playing BTW for a good long while, and I get the feeling that's not going to change anytime soon. Thanks, FC. :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry to have missed responding to these earlier. Thanks guys :)
julkwiec

Post by julkwiec »

Thanks for your mod! I dunno how much a beer costs where you live, but I hope you'll get a few ;)
TallTyrionLannister

Post by TallTyrionLannister »

Hey FlowerChild - I quit playing Minecraft a couple of years ago when I moved across the country to focus on starting a new job and getting used to my new surroundings. I ended up losing my BTW world save but I've often thought about my BTW experience and have been longing to return to the world of your mod's wondrous adventure, dread, and (eventually) engineering supremacy/world exploitation! I was delighted to find there had been several updates since the last version I played (I stopped around the time of the named updates), and so the other night I fired up a fresh install and started fisting some wood.

Wow. I have to say the further refinements to early game have certainly upped the difficulty and sense of achievement. I've never felt I was in as hostile a world as the one I found myself in. Your new additions have probably killed me at least one time each :). I suppose I'm also a little rusty, as I didn't play any vanilla Minecraft first (I didn't even bother trying out a current vanilla Minecraft world, I went straight to BTW) and I've forgotten a few of the mechanics.

At any rate, I can't wait to enjoy your mod all over again. I look back at my first playthrough as one of my top gaming experiences of all time (on par with my favorite games ever, like the first Dark Souls or Super Mario 64). I cannot say how many hours I put in the first time through, but I still hadn't accomplished everything the mod had to offer.

I'm also going to send a few bucks your way as a further way of saying thanks. Thanks for making Minecraft perfect.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TallTyrionLannister wrote:I'm also going to send a few bucks your way as a further way of saying thanks. Thanks for making Minecraft perfect.
Thanks for that man! Was a really nice surprise to find this in my account yesterday :)
mneMoose

Post by mneMoose »

I recently started playing Better Than Wolves again in November and have had a blast. I've put more hours into it than any other game I played last year and am still having a blast.

Time to pass the love on the only ways I know how.

Thank you, FlowerChild. Your mod is beautiful.

*clink*
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thank you sir :)
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

*Clink* Been too busy with the new job to really play lately, but on the upside it means I can afford to spare a twenty now and again. =)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks man!
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Hey, since it's my birthday I'm sending you a little something as a gift.
That's how birthdays work, right? :P
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

logorouge wrote:Hey, since it's my birthday I'm sending you a little something as a gift.
That's how birthdays work, right? :P
Happy birthday man, and thanks! I'll be eagerly awaiting my cake :)
hawk

Post by hawk »

*Clink*

Wow, its been a crazy couple or years for me personally since I last did this (1st child was born, 1st divorce was finalized, 1st new job in 14 years) but it feels good to be back on my feet and stable enough to reach that donate button.

Thank you for drawing us all back in!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

hawk wrote:Thank you for drawing us all back in!
Very kind of you man! Thank you!
Jeet

Post by Jeet »

*Clink*

I've been away from Minecraft for a while and decided to pop in and check on the mod and holey moley all the updates made me literally squeal with glee. Here's a little something for my appreciation of the time you put into this man. I'll likely start a streaming/recording session of a new play through this weekend. Thanks again, keep up the great work.

-Jeet
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Jeet wrote: I'll likely start a streaming/recording session of a new play through this weekend.
Thanks man! Definitely post to the forums when you're streaming, and I'll try to pop by and check it out.
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

After my stream tonight I realized something. I've been playing Minecraft for nearly a third of my life, and Better than Wolves for nearly a quarter. This game has been a huge part of my life, and I've made many good friends through it. I've said it a few times, but Better than Wolves really has been the thing that keeps bringing me back to Minecraft. There are few other games that I have come back to so often, or sunk nearly as many hours into. I think I've played somewhere between fifteen and twenty hours in this weekend alone. There is a reason for that. This update is fantastic, and going in as blind as I could has made it more so. In the past, I've always been one to browse spoiler threads before updating my client. But learning and exploring all the new mechanics with little more than some often cryptic hints has been one of my most enjoyable and memorable Minecraft experiences to date. All this is a really long way of saying, thank you Flowerchild. Thank you for making this mod. For putting up with all the bullshit that the Minecraft community has thrown at you. For putting up with our shitty suggestions.

I've payed full AAA price for games that weren't half as good as your mod. So to that end: *CLINK*
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thordan Ssoa wrote: I've payed full AAA price for games that weren't half as good as your mod. So to that end: *CLINK*
Awww, shucks man, thank you for that and for the kind words. Means a lot to me :)