Fishing? Help please

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DinoDikslam

Fishing? Help please

Post by DinoDikslam »

So im trying to figure out how to fish in this mod and im getting really confused if anyone can help me to tell me what im doing wrong that be great

in this picture i dug 3 blocks down and i cast it in that area but im not getting any bites

Caboose

Re: Fishing? Help please

Post by Caboose »

I don't believe that pool of water is big enough to support fish. Try a lake or ocean, a river might work, but I wouldn't bet on it.
DinoDikslam

Post by DinoDikslam »

there isnt an ocean near by in my world i would have to go very far out to locate an ocean and a lake is all frozen near by so im kinda screwed unless there is something i can do
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

If so, I'm afraid fishing won't be an option anytime soon.

Keep an eye out when hunting and you might find a lake/pond, though, you might get lucky!
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

roof part of your lake, then melt it using torches/jacklanterns. water needs sky view to freeze over.

Idea: make one of those funny Eskimo fishing huts on the surface of the frozen lake.
chaoticneutral

Post by chaoticneutral »

If it spawns squids, odds are you can fish in it. I'm not sure, but I guess the minimum size is something like 5x5x5...
--Who do you think you are, War?
feylias

Post by feylias »

This may be a thing you didn't think of, but are you using bait?

Nearly any small meaty bits (rotten flesh, mystery meat, batwings...) can be used as bait, and you'll never catch anything without it.

Also, try fishing at dusk, at dawn, and in the rain.

But yeah, the water may not be deep enough; I haven't checked the wiki for any of this so my knowledge isn't fresh.
DinoDikslam

Post by DinoDikslam »

yea it not deep enough and i been using bait i just went to a lake thats frozen and covered it with sandstone slabs a few blocks high so the water doesnt freeze etc and i got fishing done =] thx all